Is Rovio weeding out the cheaters?

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Is Rovio weeding out the cheaters?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 71 total)
  • Replies
  • asmith
    @alicesmith1234

“I’m as mad as you are at the discovery – you can’t tell me we are the only two to find the sites!?”

I’m not as mad as I am disappointed. Truly did love the challenge when I thought it was real. Gotta be honest, if I hadn’t been a reader of Angry Bird’s Nest, I probably wouldn’t have caught on to the cheating. I’d noticed a short while back that it was posted a few times. When I first read it I just couldn’t understand how it would be possible. If it hadn’t been for you telling me what exactly to search for, I doubt if I would have ever come across what I read that disgusted and shocked me. Has anyone posted anything about this cheating on the Angry Birds Friends FB page?

MJ
    @mjdur

Not this week, all cheaters remained on the diamond league so I’m done…..I even wrote to Rovio and got no reply…….the cheaters don’t spend money so therefore I don’t get it……when they resolve their issue I may start back lol

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

I tried to find Mr. Bird on FB today, no luck.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

I’m in GOLD somewhere around 27th and determined not to buy another coin for PU’s in protest till Rovio oust the hacks and make play fair.

I was annoyed to find, accidentally, a trhread where ABF’s purists were calling PU users cheats, mixing us up with hacks. That’s how I found my wy here.

An Angry Bird
    @jwood

Im Boycotting PUs till this is sorted out. If I play at all. This is BS!

MJ
    @mjdur

On my board last week I was in diamond or whatever the highest one is ravio did Not weed out the cheaters and I stayed at 32nd ……no more money ravio it not fair to the ppl that play fair

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

More weirdness to report. Last week I was in the Gold league, with 545 points. Just now I went to play and see they kicked me back to the Silver and knocked me down to 497 points????? How in the world did I loose points over the weekend? Something is really off about this whole thing.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

“I was annoyed to find, accidentally, a trhread where ABF’s purists were calling PU users cheats, mixing us up with hacks. That’s how I found my wy here.”

Good grief! Things are complicated enough without adding unnecessary and invalid complaints. No, people using PUs are not cheating. Those are available to everyone to use as they choose. FWIW, sometimes I don’t need PUs and in even some cases, they didn’t help but hurt my score, but that’s all playing the game and figuring out the best way of winning the game. Perhaps they’re just unaware, like I was, as to how the cheating was being done. It would be silly to consider it a fair game if all weren’t allowed to use legitimate powerups. That said, I would honor a non power up contest if ALL were not using powerups, but to call a legitimate method of using powerups as cheating is just plain silly in this contest, especially, considering the cheaters that we are up against.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

Agree!

mudcat
    @mudcatvx9

you can lose points depending on where you finished, not sure if it is based on level score or overall, but yeah, last few spots on the leaderboards for the league lose points.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

<last few spots on the leaderboards for the league lose points.>

Can you point me to the ABF’s Rules. I think demoting players is unfair especially when we have to deal with hacks. If that is the case I’ll soon be back in WOOD. TeeHee! See if I care!

Rovio need to be careful – their lack of interest will make good players into hacks in the end. This will be the beginning of the end for them.

Rovio – pack your bags…….your end is in sight! Thank the hacks as you turn off the lights!

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

Mudcat, thanks for that bit of info. At least now I understand how I lost points. So far, in this weeks tournament, I’m in first place, but I don’t think any cheaters have invaded the list. It looks like I’m again playing with a full load of players and we all aren’t that far apart in score numbers. My guess is that when the cheaters invade, the numbers will all change. Dixi, you’re right, if they do things like this, people would end up demoted clear back to wood.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

Rovio replied to me a few days ago and said they were dealing with he cheaters and those using hacked software but no details in case the cheats and hacks got in to neutralise Rovio’s efforts.

Is not really good enough tbh, surely Rovio should be taking them down one by one and booting these users off the Leader Boards?!

SPIKE
    @spike-abf

One thing I’ve noticed since this league appeared…they only name I see every week that I recognize is ME!! How can the top players not be in the following week’s game??

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

Dixi, thanks for the update about Rovio’s response to you. You’re right… they need to be banned.

Spike, I’m really wondering if each of us is even seeing the same tournament each week even though we might be in the same league. What league are you in this week? I’m back in Gold. It would be nice to compare the 1st place score number as the week progresses. Right now 1st place is 910,790 and the pick is 3 blue birds. Re you not recognizing names… I hadn’t connected that, but it wouldn’t surprise me if the cheaters have multiple names.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

Dixi, “I tried to find Mr. Bird on FB today, no luck”

How do you even do a search for other players on FB? Only their first name is shown on the players pic. Honestly, I’m not too sharp when it comes to making my way around FB… generally I muddle around.

SPIKE
    @spike-abf

Hey Alice, I’m in gold league this week…16th place…the first place player right now is Hospi with 929750.wouldn’t it be a trip if NONE of the other players in our individual leagues weren’t even real, just randomly generated names with random scores?

Thank Bird we have these forums to share our observations!

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

“I’m in gold league this week…16th place…the first place player right now is Hospi with 929750.wouldn’t it be a trip if NONE of the other players in our individual leagues weren’t even real, just randomly generated names with random scores?”

Spike, I am so glad you posted… you and I are thinking along the same line. Thanks to what you posted, I KNOW, something really fishy is going on. I’m in the Gold this week and first place is a Victoria with a 910,790 score. That DOES NOT match your first place of a name or score!

Are you Radoslaw because that’s what mine shows as 16th place? I’m just ahead of you in 15th place and my name is Alice.

I really am wondering if Rovio or FB are playing us all for fools and we’re all just looking at different screens with the random names and scores in order to get us to pay to play????? Something is really starting to smell with this whole thing.

SPIKE
    @spike-abf

Hi Alice…I’m not radoslaw, I’m SPIKE… there isn’t even a radoslaw in my league…and no Alice either!!

Fishier and Fishier…

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

Spike, I’m starting to wonder if this whole tournament is a fraud.

Marcelle
    @marcelle

Just to say I think there are lots of leagues containing 40 random people. And these leagues seem to change each week. Rovio did send me some extra coins as I’d been put on a list of cheaters by mistake! Didn’t make me feel great being classed as a cheater, as not only have I never cheated, but wouldn’t know how to.

They said the week I shot from 1st in gold league to 23rd in a nano second, was because they’d accidentally set the scores too low for the week.

Don’t know what people get out of cheating anyway; just brain dead morons!

Edited to say that the players on my ‘friends’ list don’t appear in the league I’m in and never have which is why I think there’s many leagues. It would be quite unwieldy if all the players of this game were in the same league…

MJ
    @mjdur

I heard from Rovio today they asked for a screenshot, I can take one but gmail won’t let me attach a file……I’m in gold this week got knocked back from silver due to some crazy high score…..in my gold this week Julia is in first with a 922000…..just curious who’s is first on everybody else s screen, then we will know real or fake

MJ
    @mjdur

No sorry Julia has 933000

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

Marcelle, Thanks for replying… I’ll be honest, I don’t trust that what’s being explained by Rovio is true. I can see a big advantage to either FB or Rovio, (whichever one is on the receiving end of the money) to allow cheating to go on. The harder honest people try to compete, the more money they make on coins.

Say, I don’t understand something that you said they wrote you…

“They said the week I shot from 1st in gold league to 23rd in a nano second, was because they’d accidentally set the scores too low for the week.”

What does that mean that they set the scores too low????

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

MJ, I’m in the gold league and a Victoria is in first place with a score of 910,790. With my score I’m dropping like a speeding rock into a canyon. Yesterday, I was in 15th place and today I now see I’m in 23rd place with a score of 836,750. I might play some more with it come Sunday, but I’ve had it with buying coins so I’m trying to stay away from the game. If things aren’t being played fair, why bother.

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Is Rovio weeding out the cheaters?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 71 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.