Is regular optimus and bumblee worth maxing?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Is regular optimus and bumblee worth maxing?

• I just started and I’m wondering if its worth upgrading optimus and bumblee. They are both currently 8 and 6 respectively.

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Replies
  • Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

Optimus Prime maybe, only if you get the explosive rounds and xx% Fire Rate gadgets.

Bumble Bee ? put some cements shoes on and push him into the ocean. Not even worth looking at him (and ALL his variants except maybe Rodimus) on the screen.

jgo95
    @jgo95

I totally agree. OP is OK once accessorized but the Bumblebees should be sent back to Cybertron no matter how many accessories they have. Rodimus is better against WMT’s but overall there are so many better bots to play with.

Since you are just starting out concentrate on Soundwave, Bludgeon and Lockdown. Lockdown is OK but becomes really good with the Explosive Rounds accessory.

Whether they are strong or weak bots you should upgrade them all to level 15. This opens up more of the map and will benefit you when the mission portals become available. The missions are where you gather materials and gems for upgrades.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I just upgraded everything systematically.

Daniel Cho
    @daniel-cho

Guys, is energon ultra magnus worth upgrading? I got him as a buddy and he was golden. He shot like a grimlock ray but it was purple.

Geli
    @geli

Epic Optimus is the gold TF and a decent character worth upgrading and getting accessories. Recommend headphones, medallion and jet pack.

Ultra Magnus is the silver Energon-looking TF that is a waste. It has a weak weapon that currently does not have any accessories that make it worthwhile.

@daniel-cho

coolbug
    @coolbug

i actually have a question, is jazz worth upgrading a lot??

Joel
    @joel687

Jazz sucks. Even at level 15 with full accessories, he sucks

If you ever get a shot at Ricochet, go for it, he is great!

Joel
    @joel687

I actually think Ricochet might be one of the top 3 bots in the game. He was the first one of the newer overpowered bots. He can take out wmts in one or two shots if you can get the missile to ricochet off something else first. He shreds Unciron. Unfortunately for him, Dead End came out a few weeks later. Since Dead End is better, no one gave him a shot after that.

coolbug
    @coolbug

@joel687 ok, thanks for letting me know.

If he ever does come in a event soon, i will try my hardest to get him.

coolbug
    @coolbug

and yes i know he is great because i used to have him on my samsung but now i play on my kindle fire so i dont have all the characters i used to have.

Harpo_Bird
    @evan-greenberger

Optimus is decent if fully accessorized, but otherwise I’d wait. Soundwave and Energon Grimlock are (in my humble opinion) by far the most useful non-event bots (though Dead End wins out overall – get him if you can!). Soundwave can take out all the scenery with absurd efficiency (but is weak against WMTs, bosses, and the stronger flying pigs in the spark run), and EG can take down anything, but is a bit of a glass cannon, so you have to use him carefully. Energon Lockdown is also pretty useful – he was my main bot early on, especially since I had the explosive rounds accessory. Keep in mind that the energon variants gain health from energon cubes, which can really help in events or spark runs where you can’t use the health booster.

The less said about Bumblebee, the better.

Harpo_Bird
    @evan-greenberger

On a similar note, a question of my own – I’ve current got purple crowns for Dead End, Soundwave, and EG, and a gold crown UM (promoted before the nerf). I now have enough sparks to fully promote another bot. Any suggestions?

I was thinking Blaster (but I’m worried that wouldn’t give me an additional bonus in events, since Soundwave is already promoted), or maybe Ratchet. All my decent bots (and some less useful ones) are at 15+, and fully (or near-fully) accessorized. Advice would be appreciated!

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

@evan-greenberger I would suggest Nemesis Prime who is excellent with all blocks, is speedy when need be but is atrocious against WMTs. He is my number 2 in spark run after Dead End followed by UM and EG. Currently all 4 are 1 promotion away from purple crown and will not promote to crown until they are a main character in an event as 6500 sparks can promote another TF for more percentage gain than the extra 5%.

Barbatos
    @barbatos

@evan-greenberger
    Rescue Bots – Ratchet
    Instrument of Destruction – Blaster (better than Soundwave in destroying Blocks, Pigs, WMT)
    The Seekers – Energon Starscream
    Leaders – Grey Slam Grimlock
    The Iconic TF – Nemesis Prime (Drover’s Dog Suggestion)
    Energized – Energon Windblade

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@evan-greenberger I like GSGrimlock. Not as strong as EGrimlock, but being slower than molasses in January, has plenty of time to destroy things. Awesome on missiles day. If you get stuck on a Pig City node, you can get two missiles from each silo if you shoot them right when they leave the silo. Mine’s L15 @ 100% promotion (currently) and I finished 1st on WMT day @ 118k without spending gems. He can take quite a few hits from fireballs.

Daniel Cho
    @daniel-cho

@barbatos

how about variants, wreckers, energon variant, there’s so much more squads

Joel
    @joel687

@evan-greenberger – If it was up to me, don’t promote any bot yet. Wait for the next event with a bot you don’t have, and pick the best bot from the bonus squad. I am sitting on 82,000 sparks, and I am waiting

jgo95
    @jgo95

@evan-greenberger – If you have sparks to burn I recommend Ratchet, he’s my main bot. He’s slow enough to allow you to take out maximum targets including BP and Unicron and he can take a licking and still keep ticking.

Barbatos
    @barbatos

@daniel-cho Those characters I put in the list are good to use in events and Spark Run. Not every squad has a character that is worth full promotion(140%). You should know that if you are joining event plays.

@evan-greenberger
    Joel is right, wait for the next event before you decide. A new character (Red Alert) is shown in the News. It might be available in the next event.

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

Do not Max out bumblebee. He is bad and his car is not as fast as High Octane Bumblebee. All Optimus variant can be maxed out except Ultimate Optimus prime.

Daniel Cho
    @daniel-cho

@quickgaming So high octane bumblee is decent at least?

Also isn’t Ultimate Optimus Prime’s tractor beam supposed to be good? Or is that epic.

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

Ultimate Optimus prime has the slowest fire rate of all optimus primes and Epic Optimus shoot the tractor beam. High Octane bumblebee reloads longer but is more dangerous .

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Is regular optimus and bumblee worth maxing?

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.