Is it seriously worth it?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Is it seriously worth it?

• Hey guys, I wanted to ask a question.
    As the minutes tick by, I really start to wonder if I should quickly rack up 60 stars to come 12th, or keep it there and lose my Diamond League title. I’m really stuck in this situation. So I need the general public to help me. To play, or not to play?

FlingerPro

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Replies
  • CaptSternn
    @captsternn

If it is fun to play, then play. If it is not, then there is no point in playing. Why spend time on a silly little game if you are not enjoying it?

For months and months I was barely holding on, playing steadily to keep my place between 8th and 10th, sometimes just to stay out of the bottom three and remain in the Diamond League. I work at banking feathers so my birds will level up, working on collecting pearls to finish my sets of hats, but it is all just for fun and bragging rights.

wrw01
    @wrw01

I stopped playing about two months ago because of this negative aspect of demotion in the arena. It is sad that the owner of the game has to introduce this type of demotivation to the players that value achievement in obtaining goals instead of playing scared. There was another long time player who was the leader in score for many months and he also stopped playing AB2. I deleted the game and do not miss it for a second. Their are a number of veterans in the Nest that stopped playing AB2 long before me because they saw where it was headed.
    The choice is yours and I agree with @captsternn in that if it is not fun then move on to something that is to you.
    In addition there were way too many hacks and cheats in AB2 when I played and it was the game’s release. They did not make the experience enjoyable.

Kt
    @ktcain

@ericli

I, like you, held on for a long time to stay in the Diamond League and then, after a year, decided I just didn’t like the pressure and really didn’t care what League I played in.

I started playing just enough to satisfy the Daily Quest and dropped down to the Amethyst League where I could play less and still receive the some gems and BPs. My plan backfired, however. I won my Tourney and there I was again in the Diamond League.

Decided to drop down again and this time played just enough for the Daily Quest rewards and dropped all the way down to the Emerald League. My plan? To play enough to capture 4th place, receive some gems and BPs and enjoy the Arena more by playing less.

My plan backfired again and in 2 Tourneys I won my way back to the Diamond League. Now I can’t get out. haha. There are a half dozen players in every Tourney who don’t play and I can’t drop below them when the Game starts me out in the #1 position each week. But … the Tourney competition groups have gotten easier and I don’t have to play as much to capture a medal and some gems and BPs. That works for me.

But I have to add, I like this Game and have fun with it. If you don’t like the Game, stop playing.

Angry Beaver
    @sambeaver

All that pro- and demotion, sling and birds upgrading, IAPs and other things actually does no matter. Main thing is the game itself. Good concept, nice design, possibility to play just those parts what you like to play. I personally play usually 2-3 arena matches, DC (sometimes KPP too), tower of fortune (spending max 70 gems) and 1-2 map levels per day.
    And yes, if you like the game you should play it. If you don’t like it you may play some other game.

KayBird
    @kaybird

Don’t feel bad if you drop back. I fell back into the Amethyst league a few weeks ago. I just didn’t have enough time that week to play much. I really don’t care what league I am in. I agree with others that say only play when it is fun. It’s only a video game.

FlingerPro
    @ericli

Thank you for your feedback! So now, I can just sit back, and let the magic happen.

RIP Piggies
    @rippiggies

I tried dropping back (demotion) a couple of times, thinking it might then be easier to get rewards for less play. Sadly, each time the Amethyst league I dropped to was hypercompetitive – 1200 to get fourth! So I did the slog back to diamond (needed 1700 once!) where it’s been a bit easier to come fourth. Still waiting to be in an apathy league at some point!

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

It’s pretty great, RIP. I am going on four weeks of being in the apathy group. Right now I am 1st with 167 stars. 2nd has a whopping 14 and 3rd has 9. Nobody else is even playing, or at least they aren’t scoring. Some don’t even have all their birds yet. Don’t ask me how I got out of the pit of despair because I don’t know. I am sure it will pull me back in eventually.

cognitive
    @cognitive

Lucky you, Captain… I had to fight till the last hour for 8th or 9th place last week…

Epic Buttstomp
    @hubert-lo

Nothing wrong with demotion. There are better things to do in life than trying to beat the no-lifers in the top league. Also no point to spend $$ in this game, learn the tricks instead. Lower leagues are more fun to play IMO.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

I almost am at the Diamond League with 119 stars. 2nd place has 72, 3rd 32 and 4th 29. Do you think it will be safe for me to stay in the Amethyst league or go into Diamond?

Also if I go into Diamond league should I stay there or demote to Amethyst league?

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

@captsternn I was in the same problem as you… This game is getting too easy for us.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Not for all, Bacon. Many are still struggling with high scores in the arena. I am in the Diamond League and I prefer to stay here. I had to work to get into it and more work to stay in it. But that is my preference. No idea what to tell you on that.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

2nd place and 15 points behind 1st place.

Arena: 6 days left

1 Boar screamer: 103 stars
    300 each
    2 Token Booster (me): 88 stars
    200 gems, 150 black pearls
    3 (Unknown name): 17 stars
    Unknown prize

Winning streak:
    Last time: Completed!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7)
    1T 100/ 1(-) 2T 500/ 1(-) 1500/

P.S Do you like my arena detail?

desperados
    @desperados

It’s worth it if you know how to get to the top floor of tower legally with some hints otherwise it’s not as you’ll need at least more than 20000 gems to get to the top floor.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I am no longer on easy street this week. I found myself in 3rd place on Sunday, worked my way to 2nd yesterday. I am gunning for 1st today.

Darn, he scored another 10 stars while I was having lunch. It is doable unlike what I had been facing before, but it means I have to play this week instead of coasting to an easy victory. 1st has 277, I am at 232, 3rd has 173.

Mechanic Pig
    @christian-cosgrove

In first place now! Working my way up to elder bronze for Blues!

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Is it seriously worth it?

Viewing 17 replies - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.