Is it possible to synchronize ABT on multiple devices?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Is it possible to synchronize ABT on multiple devices?

• Hello all.

I would like to play ABT on two devices.
    Currently ABT runs only on my iPad3 iOS9.

Is there a way to have both devices keep the same score and characters i.e. Synchronize by logging into facebook using the same logon?

If possible, how would one do it?

Thinking of also running ABT on Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Android device.

Would hate to try, very afraid to find out that the new device with no scores somehow overwrites my current high scores :( :O

Thanks in advance.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • ph
    @ph

You have just asked the same question I was going to ask except I don’t have Facebook. I am currently running ABT on my iPhone 6 and received an iPad pro for Christmas. I was wondering if it is possible to use both devices.

sheepybach
    @paul13

The fast answer is NO. 1 game per device sadly you can transfer the game from 1 device to another on the same platform sort of easily and much harder across platforms. That is it, you can play different games on different devices using a different user name.

jasebree
    @jasebree

Using Facebook sync, I can play between my Android tablet and my Amazon Fire. Be warned, the sync only keeps the most advanced (level/game clock) copy. You do have to use FB to sync the game between both devices since ABT doesn’t use your Rovio account like other Angry Birds Games.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Thanks for your comments, @jasebree, @paul13, @ph.

I started this tread because there’s so little written about this. So thanks for sharing.

Guess it’s easier to stick to devices that use the same platform / OS system.

@ph
    I believe that with Apple / iOS there’s also a Game Center which keeps your achievements.
    But I read that you don’t rely on Game Center to save the game scores + character upgrades + levels… have to use Facebook. sigh.

Now my problem is more how to get from iOS to Android with all scores + character upgrades + levels intact.
    And the other way around if possible.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

With Facebook saving it, also Game Center, it should cross over but they have to be closed out on one or their other.i play another game on my iPhone and iPad. I mainly play on my iPad, but if I open it on my iPhone while I’m out, it asks me where to load through server or device. Always use the one that is most recent time and date which is usually server.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Thanks for sharing your experiences, @deszaras.

I’m sure that makes many Apple device owners such as @ph above really happy :)

The ipad3 is my main and only device on which I am, according to Rovio / Exient, a multi millionaire in coins haha :)

I have just loaded ABT on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 android and logged in with my Rovio account and use the same screen name @Armourbender. But it still makes me start from ZERO score. So I’m not playing the Note 3 yet.

Still very scared to login via Facebook on the Note 3.
    Just in case I suddenly become “bankrupt” OMG ZERO scores if I went back to the iPad3….

Hope some forum members out there can share their Apple and Android experiences.
    Thanks in advance.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@armourbender I believe if yo have connected your game through FB you should be okay. If i remember correctly, thats the main save. I don’t play ABT on my phone but i play anothere game on two devices. Sometimes it takes opening then going then going through the beginning sequence, closing it out completly then opening it up will have your old stuff loaded in, usually by prompting what save to load in. Take note of the last time you closed out on your full game for you to pick the correct server time to load. To be sure, Rovio has information on their page for this as well. I find it annoying that your account is saved through facebook rather than a stand alone server of their own.

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

And now a public service announcement:
    Just a friendly reminder….

if you don’t connect Angry Birds Transformers to Facebook, there’s 100% definite chance there was no saving of your game progress into the cloud… you might lose it all.

Connect_Angry_Birds_Transformers_to_Facebook&Turn_on_Cloud_Load_AngryBirdsNest-com.jpg

I did this from ABT screenshots on iPad3 iOS 9.3.5. ABT version 1.23.3.9.
    Direct link: https://www.angrybirdsnest.com/members/armourbender/album/picture/22111/

Is it a similar procedure for Android? to connect to Facebook and tick Enable Cloud Load and Cloud Load Confirm? I sure hope so.

ED209
    @ed209

Game centre does not backup your game data, it’s like google play for android and only does achievements. The only backup this game supports is Facebook which is so annoying because I don’t have a Facebook account

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

Facebook isn’t the only backup option on iOS.

After updating ABT in my iPad to the crashing and thus unplayable 1.24 version I tried ABT on my iPhone. I haven’t played ABT on my iPhone for ages (I think the last time was when there was trouble with upgrades). After logging in to the Game Center all progress was in the iPhone. I used iPhone to play the Implosion Event.

After I had ”cleaned” all the sparks from the event I deleted ABT from my iPad and installed the same version. When I tried the previously crashing version in my iPad it not only worked but also all progress I had made in my Phone.

So try ABT in your other iOS device. You need to have the cloud backup (sync?) option enabled in ABT. So theoretically it should be possible to play ABT in multiple iOS devices without Facebook.

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

For those complaining about not having a facebook account to back up the game, Rovio/Exient have always said that the only way to back up is to link to a facebook account.
    Facebook accounts are free, you can turn off all notifications, so just create an account, link to it and regularly check that you are connected by clicking up arrow bottom left of home screen and pressing the crown icon (3rd from bottom).

Costs a few minutes of your time and your progress is saved,

For those that don’t want to do that you will only have yourself to blame

ArmourBender
    @armourbender

Apparently Android also has the same 2nd page Settings screen for you to tick Enable Cloud Load and Cloud Load Confirm.
    And an extra tick-able option to turn on Adreno Driver Fix.

@grimlockdown
    , @droversdog

Thanks for your input.
    That was very valuable info.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Is it possible to synchronize ABT on multiple devices?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.