Is it possible to link old iPad and Facebook versions?

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Is it possible to link old iPad and Facebook versions?

• I used to play ABF on an (original) iPad, reaching Diamond League as well as some more obscure achievements (I once completed a level without firing any birds). Then, halfway through a tournament, I got a message telling me to upgrade – but I can neither upgrade nor dismiss the message.

I tried the Facebook version on a Mac, but it wouldn’t let me continue from where I was – I had to start again in Glass League with only the plain sling.

Is there any way to link it so I can get back up to the Gold League?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Replies
  • Rambleberry
    @rambleberry

@heavyrail – wish I had a definite answer for you, maybe someone else will. Have you tried contacting Rovio support for help? They would be your best bet probably.

Heavyrail
    @heavyrail

I did try that. They took a long time to reply, and when they finally did they gave me instructions that were impossible to comply with (because the upgrade message which I can’t dismiss prevents access to anything else in the app).

copyu
    @copyu

I was worried about a similar issue—-ABF stopped working, between sessions, on my 3rd-generation iPad, using iOS 5.x. I couldn’t play the game and I couldn’t shut it down, so it was just “locked-up”. I got the message: “Outdated client…update iOS”—-I’d NEVER updated the OS because iTunes always seemed to screw up on me. When I got similar messages from YouTube, for half the videos I wanted to view, I decided I had to move with the times.
    Anyway, I backed up the iPad on the latest version of iTunes on a PC and waited a million years for verification of the update–it wouldn’t work. I got every single error message that was posted on the Apple support page and I eventually decided to ‘restore’ the iPad (as suggested) to factory settings ( = lose all data/apps/pics, etc.) After that, it still didn’t work! Neither of the buttons did anything, charging it did nothing–I believed it was dead, so I threw it onto my kitchen bar and intended to ditch it.
    A couple of days later, I just thought I’d mess around with the ‘dead’ iPad. The only thing I hadn’t tried was the ‘shut-down’ procedure. That worked, somehow! Holding both the ‘home’ and the ‘sleep/wake’ button for a few seconds. At least I got an Apple logo! When I switched it back on, all was shiny and new (meh!) I then went back to iTunes on the PC, et voila! my photos, contacts, etc were all restored. When I got ABF, I was still at the same level–Gold, but back to silver, because I couldn’t play for a few days. I hope this is helpful!

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Is it possible to link old iPad and Facebook versions?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.