Is "Goldbite" Grimlock's weapon weaker than "Energon" Grimlock's?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Is "Goldbite" Grimlock's weapon weaker than "Energon" Grimlock's?

• Technically if you look at the stats bars for these two, Goldbite’s weapon should be stronger than Energon’s, both at a given upgrade level and in terms of maximum potential.

But anecdotally it feels like I’m having a harder time killing stuff like pigs and mortar towers with Goldbite than I am with Energon.

Although it takes a bit of effort, I’m fairly confident of killing a mortar tower unassisted using Energon, but I’m having problems killing mortar towers with Goldbite even when he has a buddy helping him out.

Is anyone else feeling this?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Replies
  • Matt Rohde
    @matt-rohde-10

That’s a good question. I’m not sure because I believe that enemy health is scaled differently in all stages. So If you have an enemy with 5 health in one stage, and goldbite’s weapon does 1 dmg per sec. and another stage you have energon grimlock with 1 dmg per sec and that stage’s enemy health factor is 2. his weapon is going to seem more powerful even though it’s the same. I think the only people that can shed light on that is the developers.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I should have probably stated explicitly that both my Energon and Goldbite are at the same upgrade level (8).

As such, if they’re running the same areas at the same or similar difficulty rating, then in theory Goldbite should be running it with greater ease than Energon, assuming that the stat bars shown are an accurate reflection of their relative power levels.

Anonymous

Energon Grimlock is easily more powerful because he had the Energon abilities. Rovio made Energon weapons extremely damaging. Goldbite is 2nd. Grey Slam is just too weak.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

If Energon weapons are more powerful, then why isn’t that reflected in the start bar?

Also I’m on the iOS version, so I don’t have any of the new Energon abilities in the update yet.

Edit: spelling

Anonymous

@optimuspig What star bar?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@partshade – sorry, typo, I was typing on my mobile with bare hands in -15 degree weather.

I meant to say “stat bar” (i.e. armor / weapon / vehicle)

Anonymous

@optimuspig Oh ok. They Energon power isn’t shown in the stat bar. Energon Characters may have higher stats but the Energon abilities are not included. The only difference with Ultimate Characters are that they have even higher stats and give double coins. They may have a different type of weapon but that doesn’t really have anything to do with it.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Hm, I’ll have to pay closer attention to how Energon Optimus compares to Ultimate Optimus in terms of firepower.

Red7827
    @gulgor0

For note:
    – Every character has a varied amount of firepower. That doesn’t mean “Every character unlocked later than previous” is better. There are some types of Transformers which have their own function and some squads that contain some TFs that together do the same. Here’s the list of function of every character:
    Optimus Prime: Highest fire rate of all Optimus Primes, however deals less damage.
    Bumblebee: Higher damage and projectile speed, lower fire rate
    Soundwave: Powerful splash damage, second lowest fire rate of all Soundwaves
    Bludgeon: Shoots in bursts, shoots fast, superior of Brawl
    Heatwave: One powerful energy beam, shoots faster than Sentinel Prime, however it lacks ability to strike many targets
    Lockdown: Has more projectiles to fire, however deals less damage than Energon variant.
    Ultra Magnus: Rapid-Fire Optimus Prime, high health, however lacks good damage.
    Galvatron: Powerfull insta-kill beams, however lacks ability to multi-hit and overheats often.
    Soundwave: Faster reloading shots, shoots in bursts, lower damage
    Sentinel Prime: Three beams, deals less damage
    Energon Starscream: More damage, lower fire rate than Thundercracker
    Energon Soundwave: Two straight soundwaves at once, however recharges shots very long time
    Energon Grimlock: More damage, more vulnerability
    Energon Lockdown: More damage, fewer shots to shoot and recharges shots longer, more vulnerable
    Energon Galvatron: More shots to shoot, more vulnerable
    Energon Optimus Prime: Three straight shots, more damage, more vulnerable
    Ultimate Megatron: Two “purple” holes in one strike, gets more coins upon completion
    Ultimate Optimus Prime: More damage, much lower fire rate, earns more coins upon completion
    High Octane Bumblebee: Shoots in bursts, reloads longer, earns more coins upon completion
    Goldbite Grimlock: Pushes targets back, lower damage, earns more coins upon completion
    Thundercracker: Bigger fire rate, less damage
    Jazz: Similiar to Bumblebee, lower speed
    Brawl: Bludgeon shooting bursts at one direction
    Grey Slam Grimlock: Slower, less damage (somewhere between Energon and Goldbite)
    Dark Megatron: More powerful holes, shoots one only, recharges faster.
    Overall, Energon variants deal more damage and Ultimate variants give more coins.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@gulgor0 that’s an extremely useful summary, thanks.

“That doesn’t mean “Every character unlocked later than previous” is better.”

I was going by the relative length of the characters’ statistics bars. If those are an incorrect reflection of the TFs’ actual strengths, then Rovio ought to do something about it.

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

Optimus Pig, I agree…the stats bar lengths are misleading. It is natural to assume a longer bar implies higher capacty. But in my experience too, many of the shorter stat bar variants perform better. I ignore the stats bar now except to see what (armor, weapon, vehicle) is getting upgraded next.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@vrinda-rajkumar “But in my experience too, many of the shorter stat bar variants perform better.”

Agreed. I think each TF has it’s own inherent strengths and weaknesses independent of their nominal strength levels as presented in the stat bar.

For example:

– Galvatrons are extremely good at taking down mortar towers, but is toast if he has to defend against too many targets at once.
    – Grimlocks are extremely adept at hitting many small and fast targets (e.g. missiles), but might have problems against large well armored ones.

Personally, I actually consider Bludgeon to be the best overall TF. Despite only being #4 on the “depth chart”, I would have to go back quite a ways to recall a time when I failed on a mission using Bludgeon. I can’t really say the same of the other TFs including the nominally more powerful “Ultimate” versions.

cbya
    @cbya

I don’t think the list was meant to be a “depth chart” it’s just in order of characters on upgrade screen. I like Bludgeon too – I upgraded him to level 10 first.

BlackKyurem3DS
    @blackkyurem3ds

It kinda seems like that of all the Grimlocks, Energon Grimlock’s weapon burns out the quickest.

Sir Falcon
    @flying-falcon

I like to upgrade the earlier characters first, but that is a bad habit. Why? I have L10 Optimus and Bumblebee, L8 Soundwave, L5 Bludgeon, but everyone else is L1 or L2!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Is "Goldbite" Grimlock's weapon weaker than "Energon" Grimlock's?

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.