Is Bard Worth it?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Is Bard Worth it?

• I am saving up for the Bard class for Matilda. IS it worth the 95 lucky coins or should I get the golden chili pepper instead?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

The question has been asked before, but IMHO, get the Golden Chili first. It’s a much bigger advantage.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

Golden Chili is a great bonus no matter what classes you have unlocked. I definitely recommend you get it first.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Golden chili is better by far. The golden chili should be the first thing you buy since it will make everything easier and you can complete a lot faster since using the chili will clear the first wave of most places.

seggy
    @seggy

Early on I got Bard right after Paladin and used it a ton because she was really powerful. I never got my Golden Chili until I was midway through the Caves and had the spare Lucky Coins — I never really missed it.

Now that we have Events and the arena, though, I’d really recommend getting the Chili, because it makes it so much easier to get through them quickly. And the events are the easiest way to rack up lots of Mastery Points for all your birds, especially the ones you hardly ever use in combat.

tl;dr — Get the Chili :)

2000mushroom
    @2000mushroom

Thanks for the answers, everyone. Guess I will be saving up for the chili. However, I always have a huge urge to blow everything on the golden pig machine when I have lots of Lucky Coins.

Nytmair
    @nytmair

What level are you? I personally recommend waiting until you are a higher level (I waited until 41, but wish I started around 35) to start rolling on the GPM for set items as their power depends on your level when you obtain them.

Regarding your question.. Chili first. I have bard and do love it though!

Grumpy Cat
    @inimical

Bard is pretty non-essential, although it does open up some new strategies. IMO you could just get the Chili then start saving up for some max level GPM rolls.

Angry Birds
    @chanj25

Chilli first, if you get chilli, it’ll be much easier completing golden pig level. On the upside golden pigs make lucky coins!

King Chuck
    @kingchuck

Chili is better than Bard. Bard is a class for attacks but matilda is a healer.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Get Chili first followed by Paladin and Bard.

King Chuck
    @kingchuck

Get Chili, Paladin and after Wizard without paying in game!

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Skulker is also worth to get because it can apply negative status to ALL targets except Angelic Touch (think about defense down and thorn).

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I use Paladin and Sea Dog far more than Bard, but Chili all the time.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

If you play the arena, the Bard is my favorite class to use when I have to use Matilda since she does the most damage and if you have the Nightmare set she is deadly. If you don’t have the Nightmare set and don’t care about the arena, then I think Paladin followed by Skulkers is what you should spend your LC on. Skulkers is much better in the arena than the Bard.

Skulkers is great when you have to fight someone who is using the Princess. If you can’t cleanse your birds, Skulkers’ secondary skill will let you get around that. For example, a party like Druid, Skulkers, and Sea Dog loses the toss and is forced to attack the opponent’s banner. You attach the Sea Dog to the Druid, then use Skulkers’ Tricksy Trick on the Druid, all 3 enemy birds are now affected by the Druid’s thorny vine and the Sea Dog attacks whatever bird the Druid attacked. The banner isn’t affected so you have to use a Druid attack for that, but you again get the benefit of the Sea Dog’s Gang Up. Next round you attach the Sea Dog to Skulkers, have the Druid heal and when you use Skulkers’ skill on himself he randomly attacks something and everything including the banner are affected by weak spot. The Wizard’s Speed of Light attack is another way to get around the Princess’ Royal Order skill without having to cleanse so you might want a party like Druid, Wizard and Skulkers if you don’t have the Sea Dog.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Is Bard Worth it?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.