Is AB Tournament scores true? Absolutely, NO!

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Is AB Tournament scores true? Absolutely, NO!

• For the first time I’m in the Gold League of Angry Birdes Friends Tournements and it has been relatively easy to get there, using of course, some power ups (wich are expensive but legitimate sources of income of Rovio).
    I’m absolutely astonished with the scores that are registered in the levels of this week tournament. I’m pretty sure that the scores presented are totally impossible, even using all the possibilities given by the power ups, which gives me the certainty that they are obtained illegally and immorally.
    I dont see by Rovio, any explanation that fits my outburst and complaint, or see wherever proof (in particular through video, but at least with a print screen of results) that legitimizes this blatant dishonesty. I think this is a total lack of respect for those who have long been looking to compete with fair play.
    We live in a world where those who win are not those who strive to be competent, but by the “smarts”, the amoral and the cheaters.
    We deserve from Rovio an explanation, and an urgent correction of their procedures, to avoid this scam that discourages anyone who is serious.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • Replies
  • burbman
    @burbman

@prf1001 – how do said “impossibly high” scores compare to the high scores recorded here in the nest? Users here are very good at giving some insights into the methods used to reach their scores.

prf1001
    @prf1001

As the guy in the Bible said: “I must see to believe”. Give me de adress of videos that proove that some scores are possible, for instance in this week’s tournament. The score of the player that is in the first place is 60,000 points greater than the second. Can you believe it? Of course, no.
    I will not be an expert in the game, but I went up from glass to gold league in 7 weeks and I’m 250,000 points under the first classified, even using many powerups.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

You don’t seem to have addressed the question at all there.

An Angry Bird
    @jwood

I agree! I was sitting at second place for a couple of days then in an instant I was pushed down to 28th! By names I didn’t even recognize from the league! Impossible scores! Shenanigans!

prf1001
    @prf1001

The same has happened to me. For me, the most intriguing fact is the extremely high scores obtained by some players, that surpass the value of all the pieces in the game and the fact that Rovio does not have an exoplanation to the honests players, and also that you have absolutely no video where you can see hou those scores were obtained.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

I’m not buying PU’s till Rovio come up with a solution for the hacks. I wrote to them last week. I’m hoping they might notice and do right by those of us who have supported them.

Bev Berry
    @bev-berry1

Keeps happening week after week. One minute I’m in the top 5 of my league & then poof I’m at the bottom. sad that cheaters have to ruin it. I’m liking this league play. I’m not subscribing & paying out real $$$ until Rovio addresses this issue.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

” how do said “impossibly high” scores compare to the high scores recorded here in the nest? Users here are very good at giving some insights into the methods used to reach their scores”

My scores are usually somewhere close to the scores of the examples on the power up nest examples posted each week. Sometimes those people that are cheating score several thousand more. Until just a few days ago, I couldn’t figure out how this would be possible, and mentioned it. In a response, but in another thread, Dixi posted, “Google angry birds friends hack tool” and I was shocked at the results. These hacks BRAG about it. There’s no sport in what they’re doing. I’m really wondering if Rovio is allowing them to continue because the honest players keep buying coins.

Beau Marston
    @bo-jack-90226

I’m in Gold League for the first time this week, as well.
    Whereas in the past, all it took was for me to buckle down for an hour and a half and improve my scores to make the Top 3 within the last few hours Sunday night, the scores in this league are proving to be insurmountable. I don’t see myself breaking the top 20 this week. The scores seem impossible to me.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

” I don’t see myself breaking the top 20 this week”

I’ve got a hunch about something. Judging from the comments and from what I’ve seen, I’m wondering if we’re all looking at different groups even though we might be talking about the same league. Last week I was in the Gold, but I’ve been kicked back to the Silver league for this week. It would be nice if someone posted in the gold what is the current top score so you could compare it with what you’re looking at when you play. If I make it into the Gold this weekend and you’re still in the Gold, maybe next week we can compare what you see as 1st place score number and what I’m seeing. So far, I’m still in 2nd place, but who knows, by Sunday night I may be dead last and end up in the Bronze league. FWIW, in all but I think, one, the nesters tournament examples all have slightly higher scores than I’ve got.

An Angry Bird
    @jwood

So far the cheaters have not struck I dont think. Top score is reasonable.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

“So far the cheaters have not struck I dont think. Top score is reasonable.”

So far, so good. I don’t think they’ve hit the Silver league, either. All of the scores are normal at this point and we’re all really close.

Madancer
    @dartdancer

Seemed ok to until I got to Gold League. It should be called, “Cheaters League”. Wouldn’t it be nice if we COULD just corral them all into one league and let them fight it out over who could cheat the best? And let the rest of us honest players enjoy ourselves in real, true competition.

An Angry Bird
    @jwood

Had #1 spot briefly then 4 new names popped up and BLAMO Back to 28th

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

“Had #1 spot briefly then 4 new names popped up and BLAMO Back to 28th”

Yea, that’s how I felt last week.

MJ
    @mjdur

Maybe it’s not cheaters maybe Rovio is putting them up so we will spend more money,just a thought

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

I’ve thought about that, too. However, there really are hacks that are advertising their cheats for the AB cheaters. Some of these scores are over the top and not even remotely realistic. The hacks are advertising ways of having unlimited uses of PUs. Can you imagine the scores you could get if you had unlimited uses of the shaker bird in just one game?

Ragnar
    @ragnar

I think that there may be another issue, in addition to the too high scores.
    Last Saturday, in the Silver League, after playing all day, I was top in my League. I jotted down the scores of those below me, assuming on Sunday that I would find my rank knocked down a few. At the end of that weeks tournament, Sunday night, NOT ONE SCORE BELOW ME HAD CHANGED or INCREASED! Odd I would say for the last day. I do buy PUs. Is Rovio aware of this, hence they let me stay on top?

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

I used to be one of the biggest players a few years ago. I can tell you that Rovio is not going to do anything about it, except maybe change a few of their codes just a little bit. But even when they do this, the cheating sites are one step ahead of them, and always able to debug the game again.

By the way, cheating in a game where everyone can see your scores is not dishonest. It’s only dishonest if you are not willing to admit that you are cheating, and I totally admit to it. Some people would rather save their money, and still receive powerups, and maybe get some higher scores in the process.

I am in the business of gaining the highest scores possible. I don’t care what I have to do in order to make that happen. I am not above cheating. It’s just a game, and it doesn’t mean anything. That’s all there is to it. It may make some people mad, but cheating is the only way which I in particular will continue playing the game.

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

One more thing to add, the leagues change every week. You may stay the same, or be promoted. The people in your league set will also change. You will rarely ever play against the same person. I have only seen one person on my league that I knew from my group, and after the week was over, he was no longer in my league. So sometimes, you may play against a bunch of cheaters. And on other weeks, you may get lucky and play against a group of mostly legit players.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

” You may stay the same, or be promoted.”

LOL, you forgot to add, ‘demoted’. Twice now I’ve been bumped from the Diamond league back to the gold league. I’ve gotten to the point I don’t even care anymore. I’ll play at the beginning of the week and be at the top. If I forget to check back and play at the end of the week, I find that I’ll be rock bottom and they take points away from you so you end up bumped down a league. Anyway, it would be refreshing to be able to always play with legit players. When I spot the cheaters, I don’t even feel like competing at that point as I figure what’s the use.

asmith
    @alicesmith1234

” That’s all there is to it. It may make some people mad, but cheating is the only way which I in particular will continue playing the game.”

I wish all you cheaters would go cheat away all together in the same place because it’s not fair when people are not on the same playing field. Cheaters are just wrecking the game for honest players trying to compete. Sheesh, what kind of satisfaction can one get from cheating… that’s not winning honestly. What a looser!

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

Yes, thanks for the name-calling, that will be fine. Here’s my problem, and I hope that you understand. As I said, I am a former #1 ABF legit player, any nest member who has been around for a while can attest to that. So then what happens? They recode the game and they make the birds stronger. Then they give us these new fancy slings. Then they give us Wingman in every level. Gosh, how easy are they trying to make this game anyway? They’ve already dumbed it down to the level of a toddler. So anyway, after I perfected the game the first time before any of this happened, I was #1 here, I was proud, and I always offered my legit power-up strategies on the level walkthroughs. I spent too much time and effort getting good at all of those levels, and when they changed everything, it was like starting all over again, as I have been playing ABF from day 1. I believe that day was February 11, 2011, +/- a few days. The same thing happened in the mobile apps. They brought in power-ups, and it pissed all the good players off, and a lot of the top ABN players quit, I know some of them personally. That was about 18 months ago. I had my time, and my time for extreme competition in legit play is over, I’m tired. Now it’s time to relax, and just screw around with the game. So don’t call me a loser. Give me the respect I deserve for what I have done at least. I’ve earned my reputation, though I may not have it any more. I have earned all of my badges as well, and I am still considered a master strategist and a leaderboard guardian for the Nest. Sheesh. Just call me legit-retired. That would be more like it.

Bill
    @dollarbill2208

I’ll just add one more thing, like I said, I play against other cheaters in my group. That’s just how we play. It’s not like I am coming over to your group, or your site, and claim that I am such a great player because I have all these great scores. It’s two different worlds, and I stay in mine, you say in yours. The problem is when the cheaters cross over into the legit world, and enter their scores. I had to deal with this problem when I was still a legit player on ABN and I didn’t like it, and I still do not approve of other cheaters doing it, and so I do not disrespect ABN like that. So you can rest assured, I am not one of those people ruining the game for you. And if they never started up these leagues where you see more cheat scores, then you wouldn’t have so much to complain about. And as far as leagues are concerned, I am truly sorry that you have to play against us, I really am. I really wish we did have two different leagues where we could cheat together away from you, I really do. But do you think Rovio cares? Of course not. There are no prizes for first place anyway. Never were, and never will be. So really, who cares?

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

In my diamond (rovio) league last week, the number one player was about 60k ahead of me. That *seems* possible. The reason I say my league is because we’ve already established that there isnt just one diamond, gold, etc, since we dont have the same top scorers in our leagues. I dont understand it, but it’s true. In the friends leagues, as with every other week, the scores are usually wildly higher than in the rovio league, as much as 160k in some instances. It looks like Rovio is cleaning up the cheaters in the formal league. I’m not sure how the scores in the friends league can be so much higher. My solution, as simplistic as it may seem, is to delete friends who have impossible scores, especially if it’s something blatant, like having a score that can only be achieved without using any birds at all. I see no reason to reward cheaters with gifts every day.
    Note: this is my second week in diamond, and probably my last, since I’m seeing scores that I wont have time to match, and of course I dont see HOW to match them. While I do think things are improving, I’m inclined to agree that some of the scores are allowed by rovio as an incentive to get us to use more powerups. I don’t agree with a theory I saw that the scores are posted by rovio employees using tweaked software. Such an action could be construed as fraud, and I really doubr rovio is so desperate for cash that they would risk losing most of their customer base.
    One reason I like this site so much is that the admins here police the cheaters who post impossible scores. Yet more justification to become an unchained member, as a way to say thank you for all the hard work the admins do here.

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Is AB Tournament scores true? Absolutely, NO!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.