IOS Update has arrived!!!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum IOS Update has arrived!!!

• I’ve just updated ABT, lots of new features, new characters etc, looks good!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • Replies
  • Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

Isn’t this great! I just saw the ad for the upgrade while playing…a few minutes ago. Have yet to upgrade.

Did your characters lose any levels after upgrading?

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

My upgrade is in progress. I have my fingers crossed that I won’t lose my hard earned progress.

Good luck to everyone else on iOS.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

I’ll do a backup before I try this update!

Cerpin
    @cerpin

I was upgrading Starscream, updated the app, he’s still upgrading so all seems fine. The mortar towers now inflict damage when you take a direct hit ( I used to be able to just let them pummel me with no damage ) and it looks like the never-die cheat ( ie closing the app as you die ) doesn’t work anymore. I’ve unlocked all the new characters, very slow and weak compared to my higher level bots.

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

I was in too much of a hurry 20Q…you are being prudent.

My upgrade seems to be taking for ever …though it has only been a few seconds.

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

Thanks Cerpin. I’d committed to not unlocking anyone new till I got the current lot up to level 8. I have 1 in progress and 3 more to go.

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

My upgrade is done. It takes quite a while to open the app after the upgrade. My character levels, gems, coins and dead pig collection are intact.

boston_fan
    @bostonma1971

I am so excited!! I knew.. When it took awhile to open.. That it must be here! Productivity at work just hit 0% today. ;)

boston_fan
    @bostonma1971

Ok so I am noticing that there aren’t anymore videos to double scores, but we are getting way more coins which is awesome. I also noticed things move faster or maybe that is just an over excited perception.

I’m familiarizing myself with the new achievements and I had three squad things and when I complete an area I get a squad coin boost? What’s a squad?

My miles traveled is still zero though..

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

I have played a few missions now. Wow! So much has changed…new scenes, new flying pigs…new rules of the game…such as what happens when you got hit by a mortar tower (I got killed). And yes, the game has been speeded up. Like someone has the finger of fast-forward.

I like all the changes so far. I decked out Starscream with 20gem headphones. They make him look cool. My head is reeling from absorbing all the changes. I haven’t even tried an eggbot intercept or skywarp yet.

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

A squad is a set of characters. From what I have gathered, if you collect all characters in a squad you get bonus coins every time one of the characters in the squad completes a mission. You can see the completed squads from scrolling in the screen where you all the characters you have unlocked, with what it costs for their next upgrade.

abirds954
    @abirds954

Where is the place to buy things for characters? I’m not seeing it anywhere.

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

Click on a character in the screen where it lists those you have unlocked so far, and shows how much you need to pay to upgrade levels.

You will be taken to the screen where it shows you the status bars of the character’s armour, weapon and vehicle. There is now a little icon at the top left of a mini-transformer with shades. Click on this icon to shop for your character. Each character gets a customised accessory store.

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

Boston fan, the videos to double are still there. The option to double only shows up when there is a real opportunity to double. When you have exhausted the current count of video watching, you won’t get the option on the screen.

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Thx, everyone, for reporting on the changes! Haven’t had a chance to back up yet, but sounds like it’ll be better for my productivity if I delay it a bit :)

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

They havent just speeded up game play. Even the pace at which you earn coins and gems is faster. If only they had speeded up upgrades! Not complaining…I am enjoying this update. I’ve wasted my while vending on it.

Cerpin
    @cerpin

A few things I’ve noticed:

– you only get the squad coin bonus if you complete the level without dying
    – on the city levels, you have to shoot certain buttons to lower bridges otherwise you fall to your death
    – the wrong level completed bug is still there
    – shotgun pigs bug is still there
    – coin boxes are worth a lot more but take more shots to fully destroy
    – Jenga mode is therefore much more worthwhile
    – there are now flying fish that spring out of water to attack you!

In general the gameplay does seem much faster, one plus of this is that it seems to be easier to outrun the towers

boston_fan
    @bostonma1971

@Mad Kat thank you! I still wasn’t seeing where you can view squads until I found the little transformer icon in the lower right of the screen you pointed me to. Very cool. Also thank you for the video tip. I see what you are talking about.

Red7827
    @gulgor0

Just check out the Android update thread, all things listed there should be also added in the iOS version.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Has anyone had any problems with losing their progress after updating?

Jay Penrith
    @jaypenrith203

Could someone please tell me where I can take the ‘screenshot’ they talk about for the update ?

Mad Kat
    @vrinda-rajkumar

@Optimus_Pig – you deserve an award for patience.

Upgrading Is safe…and plenty of fun. Well worth the risk. The game is waaaaay better now. Go on, pull the trigger.

I plan to load the game on my iphone and see how the experience of starting out has changed (and if it has) with the upgrade.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

So has anyone figured out which TFs are in each squad?

@vrinda-rajkumar
    lol, actually I broke down and upgraded. BUT I made sure I backed everything up first!!

I must admit, I like the new graphics.

Edit: HOLY SMOKES, I almost CRAPPED myself when the game crashed in the middle of running a level!

mck
    @mckwxp

@optimuspig
    For Android, the squads are as follows. I think it’s probably the same as the iOS version.
    Squad 1: OP, Bumblebee and Heatwave
    Squad 2: Soundwave and Soundblaster
    Squad 3: Ultra Magnus, Galvatron and Jazz
    Squad 4: Energon Starscream and Thundercracker
    Squad 5: Lockdown, Energon Lockdown and Brawl
    Squad 6: Energon Soundwave, Energon Grimlock, Energon Galvatron and Energon OP
    Squad 7: Ultimate Megatron, Ultimate OP, High Octane Bumblebee and Goldbite Grimlock
    Squad 8: Bludgeon, Sentinel Prime, Grey Slam Grimlock and Dark Megatron
    Hope it’s useful!
    By the way, when you intercept eggbots, they will appear in front of you during the game and you can shoot them for coins. When their health drops to a certain level, they will run but they will return after a while. After they run for 3 times, finally they fly away. Though, theoretically, it costs gems to intercept eggbots, I figured out a way to intercept for free in the Android version. Simply wait til the timer is, like, 10s left. Click on the node once and it shows INTERCEPT NOW 1 GEM. When the timer shows 0s, it will show INTERCEPT NOW 0 GEM. Click immediately and intercept eggbots for free.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum IOS Update has arrived!!!

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.