iOS 8 Bug??

• I’ve just updated my iphone 5s with iOS 8.0.1 – seems like a big mistake due to the bad press within the media as iOS 8 seems to bring with it several problems – it seems that BP will not run from the icon – just wondered if anyone else had the same issue??

Thanks

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
  • wicket182
    @wicket182

Biggest issue I have had is that you cannot upload a screenshot from iOS8.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@earthbound Apps do not claim forward-compatibility with OS versions. Usually it takes a couple weeks for developers to update their apps to be compatible with new iOS software. You should contact Rovio directly about these issues.

@wicket182
    Here on ABN?

Bird Maniac
    @earthbound

@amslimfordy I’ve already contacted Rovio & await a reply, the issue was only apparent once the new iOS was downloaded. I’ve also spoken to Apple who said that iOS 8 should not have been available for download via itunes until a fix was available – they accept responsibility. I appreciate your comment but I was only asking if other Nesters had the same or similar issues

wicket182
    @wicket182

@amslimfordy, it’s not a problem with the nest. There is a bug in iOS 8.0 which prevents uploads from photo album. I think Apple fixed it in iOS 8.02 today but I have not updated yet. It caused me some issues during Wednesday’s challenge which was why I asked @admins when I had to submit picture for Underdog (did not get an answer).

wicket182
    @wicket182

Photo upload bug in iOS 8.0 has been fixed with iOS 8.02 update
    Cc: @amslimfordy

Les Toreadors
    @les-toreadors

It’s best to let Rovio handle the updating. :3 Rovio Support would likely have thousands of support requests on the subject by now, and it’s up to them to assign necessary priority to developers.

Bird Maniac
    @earthbound

Totally agree – but find it a little confusing as Rovio had an advanced copy of iOS 8.x.x for them to develop the various APPS etc prior to official release

dmsral
    @dmsral

I’m having to reboot my iPhone 5S a couple of times a day when apps and email stop updating. Example: In Pig Days, I checked it yesterday and it said there was 18 hours to go for today’s level to activate (Happy Coffee Day, btw). This morning, I got the notification the level was active, but it still said 18 hours and would not activate. (Previous level did the same thing.) I rebooted and the level became active. A number of emails rolled in too, plus I’ve had problems with a few other apps so it’s definitely an iOS issue. The 8.0.2 upgrade did not fix it.

Bird Maniac
    @earthbound

I’m really not convinced that the iOS 8 update is firing on all cylinders! Has massive issues with the update, APP’s not working – it just seems littered with bugs

Kelani
    @kelani

@earthbound that seems to be the consensus. I’ve yet to talk to anyone who’s happy with it. And since Apple stopped signing iOS7 last week, downgrading isn’t possible anymore. For anyone on the fence about whether to update, I’d strongly recommend waiting until they iron out the kinks. I know I am.

Bird Maniac
    @earthbound

Apparently there’s an iOS 8 fix for BP BUT having downloaded it this morning all my game progress, IAP’s etc have gone! Suggestions??

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.