Into The Void Event (Closed; Ended)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Into The Void Event (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 151 total)
  • Replies
  • angryde
    @angryde

@dbkraemer. Lulz, I know, right!? I was re-reading something I’d written a couple of days ago about efficiently farming snoutlings, ‘I just sit back with my iPad, in front of the TV, and press re-play every 5-6 minutes… bang, 3000 per night,’ ACTUALLY PROCESSED IT, and thought… for the love of the sweet baby (Jesus), anyone doing the math there could rather quickly calculate how many hours a night I squander watching mindless television… a bad, bad, bad look. Here’s to an abiding phobia of real-world social contact! Cheers, old buddy!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Well, uh, duh — Suddenly a couple more people on my leaderboard have names, and I realized that there is a pencil that you can click on to write in your name, so I did.
    I don’t think there is much chance that any of you are on my board though. I’m now at 22K, and the second is at 7.7K, and unnamed. There are 2 people with names at 6.7 and 4.6K, followed by a bunch of people who don’t seem to be playing much, or not at all.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Actually, there is one named player who might be fairly serious and is coming up fast. His name is Andyzhou210 (I assume Andy is male, although not necessarily). He is level 34 and currently at 6.7K. Does anyone know him? I couldn’t find either of the higher ranked players on the ABN members’ list, but they might have a different name.

RizDub
    @rizdub

I can’t find any orange/yellow portals for some reason. I’ve finished the main map, am at level 16, and going through cave 1. I can see several blue portals and several purple ones, but no orange ones. Do I need to do something else first? Am I just missing it somehow?

BTW, all the enemies I’ve fought in the other portals are at level 16, so I’m assuming the giant dragon at the end of the orange portal will be too.

Anonymous

@rizdub It’s completely random which portals you get. They change every hour or so. Also beware if you play the orange portals because not only do they cost lots of Stamina but the boss dragon is BRUTAL.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@rizdub — The boss dragon is the same level as you are. Best to have lots of potion if you play them. Well worth looking for them. I have not seen any portals in the caves.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 we seem to be tracking very similarly on the ‘Into the Void’ event. I’m just shy of 23,000 and should be near to 25,000 by the end of the day. My closest competition is playing steadily – but I had a 10,000 medal lead on him when he began playing in earnest. It’s a good thing too… or I’d be in trouble!

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

Currently I am the first on my leaderboard with 32150 medals. I play Epic since first day of release in NZ store and have 1900 friendship essence, so making stamina and re-rolling isn’t high cost for me. Second player on my leaderboard has 18k but it seems like he/she plays regulary.
    Does anybody of you can recognize people on your leaderboards? Are they from your friends list?
    Finally, I think that 10 days for single event is way too long but prizes are nice, so I hope I’ll manage to keep playing by the end of event and hopefully finish on the top.

wolkenwand
    @wolkenwand

The best team for this event for me is paladin, spies, and rain bird. Those team can reach dragon boss without much trouble, but the boss itself is very hard so the cakes are sometime necesssary in order to win.

@cosmo2503
    the competitor in leaderboard are random player, not from our facebook friend.

Wayne2
    @wayne2

@mvnla2 strange you have an Andyzhou210 on your leaderboard as I have the same player on mine & he is only 4th with 4720 point ???
    I’m leading my leaderboard with 21+ k and the 2nd is only 14k ;)

[EpicBomber]
    @epicbomber

I have 20480 and only one other person on the board at 4505 – there are a total of 15 on my leader list but most have next to nothing – any idea where this list comes from?

I’m at level 36 and the birds I use are at mastery level 6 … can easily get through the bottom two levels w/o potions but the Orange highest level (seen rarely) I use potions to get the last wave.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Wayne2 — Sorry, I mixed up the names, andyzhou210 was not the one with 6.7k. It’s clear we don’t share the same leaderboard, since thankfully you aren’t on mine. It would be interesting if we shared some of the rest. The second on my leaderboard was unnamed yesterday, but has an avatar that looks like a Hawaiian princess. Would post more now, but I’m running Sunken Pyramid with McCool, so can’t look now.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Wayne2 — That’s the problem with playing on auto-play: you’re not paying enough attention and it finishes.
    So my line-up is me at 25K, the Hawaiian princess is at 10.7K! LuKamden is 9,460; Andyzhou210 is 4.7K, a couple of unnamed at 3 and 2K, Mufaro at 2K, and the rest <1000.

Wayne2
    @wayne2

@MVNLA2 my board is me at 23k, anonymous(Lv36) at 14.5k, anonymous(Lv14) atv 6.7k and Andyzhou210 seems the same one at 4.720 pts ???
    Can he be on 2 leaderboards?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Wayne2 — I’m pretty sure Andyzhou210 is the same person on both our boards. Since it is clear that our boards are not the same, I would expect that everyone is on 15 different “random” boards. So while I need to worry about the Hawaiian princess at 10.7K who is advancing rapidly, I doubt she knows I am at 23K.

Bossk
    @henjovr

So, if everybody is on 15 boards, but we only have 1 board where we see ourselves we can do 2 things:

– get as many points as possible, effectively/possibly screwing other contestants
    – get enough points (with a margin) to win our own board

Heh.. since the events (especially yellow) are such a good source of stars and mastery points, I think I may end up doing the first..

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’m surprised you guys waste so much time on this event. Do you realize that the difference between 1st place and 2nd place is only 500 snoutlings? The difference between 2nd and 3rd is also 500 snoutlings so there is little reason to waste your time unless you are in danger of finishing below 3rd place.

I don’t mind the event being longer than the previous because the rewards are up to 4 times larger on the wheel spin.

Anonymous

@killerkea 500 Snoutlings is a big difference. I think it would be great to get some extra cash because I’m working on the fruitcake scrolls. Plus if you get low enough on the leader board you won’t get three stars on the big mastery wheel.

Wayne2
    @wayne2

1st 2nd or 3rd* isn’t a big deal, I’m doing as much battle as possible mainly for mastery points ;)
    And I don’t like to finish 2nd ^^

KillerKea
    @killerkea

On my board I have about 20K, 2nd is about 15.5K and 3rd is about 4K. I suspect most people’s boards are like this because the great majority of players are not very active.

In my opinion it is better to earn both snoutlings and mastery points on auto play in Star Reef castle, then to play the gold void repeatedly and only earn some mastery. I enjoyed the challenge of beating the dragons too, but after beating all of them 20+ times it doesn’t interest me anymore since I figured out how to beat all of them without using any consumables except occasionally using one heal potion.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KillerKea — What level are you, and how do you beat the green dragon without more than 1 cherry juice ore 1 fruitcake? I’m now level 37, and the last battle in the gold void against the green dragon was much more difficult than previously. I seem only to be getting the green dragon now.

Zeke Kaiser
    @zekekaiser

Samurai-6 (Hammer set) Rainbird-7 (Twin Lightning set) Tricksters-6 (Crossbow set)

Worked rather well for me against the Green dragon. I tend to avoid using items if I can help it. I cannot say whether or not I used any though, it was a couple days ago when I got the green dragon.

Samurai with the hammer set is pretty great against bosses though. Stun locking them for multiple turns in a row xD

CalvinJJ2009
    @calvinjj2009

Ive got about 26K, and about 7K lead. For some reason i just cant let them back in the race. I must CRUSH them! My little boy plays a lot, and doesnt get the re-roll stratagy or else this would be over. Good luck on great spins at the end!

r04ch
    @r04ch

Best combo I’ve found is paladin, princess, and cannoneer. The paladin and cannoneer are using the set items that have a chance to damage all enemies, and the princess is using the yin yang combo.

Princess causes paladin to get attacked by all enemies, cannoneer gives paladin a counter-attack, and the paladin heals himself and reduces damage to himself.

mich
    @m-ich

I am in the lead with 19K, with a strong second place player at 17K. The rest of the field seems to have pretty much given up. To be frank, I don’t care much for the extra snoutlings for coming in first, and my three stars are definitely safe by now, so I only keep on playing for the fun of it. I’ve done only three golden gates, wasted some potions on the Falcon Horus, and decided the 1200 medals are not worth it, even though I eventually beat him.

I basically do one blue gate and one violet when my stamina is at 15, and I’m saving all the stamina potions (50+ atm) for future events – I certainly won’t need them in this one.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Into The Void Event (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 151 total)
  • The topic ‘Into The Void Event (Closed; Ended)’ is closed to new replies.