Into The Void Event (Closed; Ended)

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Into The Void Event (Closed; Ended)

• The event has begun. Similar to the Pirate event, there’s three types of levels: Blue, Purple and Yellow portals. Each has a number of wave battles inside against whatever the crossover games’ characters are (little dragons? a Pokemon ripoff? I dunno).

Interesting, the wave battles in the Purple and Yellow portals have victory wheels at intervals (the wheel you spin upon winning a battle). Each has a different color star inside it. I believe this refers to the quality of reward, i.e. the longest wave battle has the best rewards at the end. If you die early in the wave battle, but after getting to one of the victory wheels, you can still spin, but for a worse reward. I haven’t lost a battle to test this theory.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 151 total)
  • Replies
  • wolkenwand
    @wolkenwand

Also at the end of yellow portal you’ll fight a random dragon boss. I’ve only seen 2 so far, fire dragon and earth dragon.

abirds954
    @abirds954

@wolkenwand yeah, took my by surprise! I thought “oh, this is fairly easy WELL HELLO THERE GIANT RED DRAGON!” ~17,000 health when I fought it.

JoshSP1985
    @joshsp1985

It’s a collaboration with Puzzle and Dragons which is a huge game in Japan and has like 5 million NA downloads.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

So far today, have gotten more mastery pts per battle in Cave 10 than either blue or purple battles. Did get more from the gold portal battle.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Hope others will help me figure out the logic, if any, determining mastery points earned in the even battles. Please post in the mastery points forum:

Mastery Points

abirds954
    @abirds954

Just encountered “Tamadra” in one of these battles, basically one of the 50-snoutling enemies (wealthy rogue?).

Jim151
    @jim151

Anybody else noticing the medal rewards are dropping? When I started this morning, the top reward for the blue vortex was 750, now it’s 600. the top for orange was 1,500, now it’s 1,200.

JoshSP1985
    @joshsp1985

Does anyone have a bird combo suggestion for the orange portals? The boss dragons are pretty damn mean single turn AOE damage of like 900 or 2 turn call enemies with like 15-16k hp very strong bosses.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

For the boss dragons you need a healer in your party and save your rage chili so you can cast Matilda’s Medicine. I prefer using Princess since you can have her do the group heal when the dragon does over 900 damage to everyone and the individual heal when it attacks a single opponent. Princess also removes harmful effects that others in the void cause.

abirds954
    @abirds954

@jim151 The red dragon was a joke but green is a nightmare. Had Samurai, Druid and Spies with me, but wasn’t prepared for that dragon at all. Trouble is, you don’t know which you’re going to get at the end. If I knew, I’d probably bring Cannoneer or an enemy attack-lowering class, Samurai and a healer.

Jim151
    @jim151

I did the orange once. Needed a lot of healing potions to get through. Don’t feel a need to do it again. Sounds like it would be like a level with all ninjas, so one dresses accordingly, and when you go back, it’s all ironclad guys. No thanks.

DGNAZ
    @dgnaz

@abirds954
    That Green one was rough. Just barely got him with Samurai, Bard and Rain Bird. I wasn’t expecting the Ironclad on both the green boss dragon and the extra add he summons.

The Green Dragons attack pattern went like this:
    R1: Birds – Samurai Shield, Bard Attack, Rain Bird Heal
    Dragon – Attack all for ~950 reduces healing by 50%.
    R2: Birds – Samurai Attack, Bard Attack, Rain Bird Heal
    Dragon – Start add summon
    R3 Birds – Samurai Attack, Bard Attack(heal if needed), Rain Bird Heal
    Dragon – Summon add

repeat from 1.

Surprised me that the attack all didn’t have a charge to prep for it. So first round you have to shield.
    I killed off the add each time and then went back to the Boss.
    Had Rain Birds heal target a different bird each time to cleanse the 50% healing reduction.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I use Princess with Sweet set, Spies with BEEP attack and Wizard (no set). I don’t use any consumables and score over 300,000 everytime to 3 star it. The Lightning bird might be better than Wizard, but since that group goes through the waves fast and easily 3 stars everytime I haven’t bothered to try anything else yet.

TomC
    @tomc

@jim151 Yep the rewards seem to have decreased.

hack1ge
    @hack1ge

Does anyone know what triggers the voids to cycle? Is it time or do you have to close them? I have only blue voids which aren’t cost effective.

TomC
    @tomc

@hack1ge They change for me every few hours or like you said if you battle some, others may appear, but overall the more rewarding ones do appear less often.

drobbinsjr
    @drobbinsjr

Really happy with the game, but not happy that I am averaging 5 additional essence for re-spin to receive the max award. One event took 12 additional spins. :{

ineptidude
    @ineptidude

Damn dude

burbman
    @burbman

@drobbinsjr – I have found the more efficient use of resources is to just accept whatever the wheel gives me and use my essence to brew more energy drink to play more rounds.

Jim151
    @jim151

I saved 40 energy drinks from the last event. Didn’t need them to finish first. Don’t appear to need them now either. So far anyway. I’m at 5,000 and my nearest competitor is at 1,500. I’m level 35 and no one on my leaderboard is higher than 16. If that changes, I have over 50 energy drinks banked.

burbman
    @burbman

@jim151 – you got a good board! Mine is populated with a bunch of active players. I am at#1 with 5,700 right now and fourth place is over 3,500.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@drobbinsjr and @burbman — I’ve found I have better luck with the rewards wheel by tapping rather than “spinning.”

@joshsp1985
    — You didn’t mention what level you’re at, or what kind of birds you have.
    As of this afternoon, I’m at experience level 34, but my birds worked fine at level 33. My choice for all the Event battles so far has been:
    (Master) Paladin level 7+ with the strongest set items I have (not a matched set)
    (Master) Sea Dog level 7+ with gold pistol and bullet to give me extra snoutlings
    (Elite) Princess level 5+ with Yin Yang matched set to fill up rage chili faster
    I also have a gold chili, which produces a filled chili at the beginning of every battle. Gets things off to a good start. Sometimes finishes the first wave.
    At one point when I was starting through the caves, I realized I needed to be at a higher experience level, and went back and played a lot of the medium hard levels to gain more experience.
    Good Luck!

abirds954
    @abirds954

@ineptidude jesus almighty I’m glad I haven’t encountered that one yet. Holy hell.

Between that Falcon and the Green dragon, I’m thinking Red’s Guardian class is key for these 9-level battles. You’re knocking off roughly 45 percent of an enemy’s attack with his group defense and attack effect. Guardian + Druid + Spies or Trickster?

wolkenwand
    @wolkenwand

That orange falcon is the hardest dragon boss to beat, he had immunity to passive effect and had two attack that very deadly. Need use some of potion, veggie cake, and fruit cake to defeat him.

Salnayil
    @salnayil

Whats the broken chili penalty on the yellow event? I thought it meant no rage chili but testing it in a pinch against the falcon allowed me to use it with no penalty. Anyone know what is going on with that?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Into The Void Event (Closed; Ended)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 151 total)
  • The topic ‘Into The Void Event (Closed; Ended)’ is closed to new replies.