Impossibility to NOT 3-star levels?

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Impossibility to NOT 3-star levels?

• I recently started playing AB2 after following an interesting discussion I started, and I was surprised as to how easy it is to surpass the 3-star threshold in levels. In other AB games you’d have to fight for the last ten points needed to get that last star. In AB2, even with level 1/2 birds, and no matter how bad I played, how many strikes and birdies I got and which birds I used where, I seem to be unable to NOT get 3 stars. The only challenge about the game is actually clearing levels and that’s more luck than skill, more often than I’d want to.

Is there anybody out there who used to get 1 or 2 stars in the first 40-50 levels? Or still does in recent levels?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Replies
  • RizDub
    @rizdub

@smwforever45 This does seem to be the case. Things used to be a little better (not much, though) before the 2.4.0 update, but since then the scoring system was changed and now it’s easier than ever. And because of how the new scoring system works (which I’m not a fan of), it’s going to get easier as the game progresses.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Yes, it is possible to not get three stars. I have never come across a level where I got only one star, but I have quite a few where I have only two stars. One of the things I do after clearing the newest levels and if I beat the daily challenge is to scroll back and work on those two star levels to get three stars. Even though I have cleared 540 levels, won a few tournaments and have plenty of experience, I still can’t three star level 108. I have quite a few after that as well.

Anonymous

@captsternn How long ago was it when you 2 starred these levels? If it was recently, what level are your birds?

With today’s version of AB2, if you have gold level birds it is nearly impossible to not 3 star a level. Anything higher than that will guarantee 3 stars. No matter what.

Kt
    @ktcain

I had 2 games in previous levels that were 2 star: an earlier Boss Pig games (before Level 65, can’t remember now which one )and Level 82. Recently I replayed those games a received the 3rd star. So it is possible. The 2 stars were before the Feb update.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Well guys I’m playing with the most recent version. I didn’t play before this mysterious February update and I’m at Level 60 and still was unable to not 3-star anything.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Reached Level 89, still didn’t get 1 or 2 stars in any level. Granted, some of my birds leveled up… but none of them is gold yet.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

It was a long time ago, Partshade. I am still revisiting old levels and trying to get three stars in them all. Right now I am working on levels between 250 and 260. Now I see why I was stuck on those levels for days in a row. 252 and 253 I still have a hard time beating. I see that level 258 has only one star.

I only do this if there are no new levels and if either I beat the Daily Challenge or it expires. I have a lot more levels to deal with, but beating them adds to my main count of stars that allows me to level up, usually three gems or a handful of feathers, but there it is.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Lil’ update. Just cleared Level 189. 100 levels after my last post and still all 3-starred. By now, 3 of my birds are Gold and the other 4 are Silver. Guess I’ll 3-star all the rest, too. XD

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Alright Yoshi, I just went back and revisited 252, didn’t even clear it much less get that third star. So about now I am feeling like an English pigdog and I will leave you with this … :)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I feel like the Insulting Frenchman now. Even though that was never my intention. XD
    I don’t know when I’ll be facing level 252. Sometimes it’s been quite a close one to 3-star, I can tell because the score bar at the end of each level sometimes fills really fast and sometimes really slow. So possibly, I will see a 2-star somewhere, but so far I’ve been swooshing through.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

Ah, so you have taunted me a second time, Yoshi.

All in good humor, sir. Like a late relative once told me, if we cannot laugh at ourselves, we have no business laughing at anybody else. I laugh at myself quite often because I deserve it.

While I am at it, here is one for the micropigs …

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Hey I finally 2-starred a level XD
    Had a very bad run on Level 191 (700k points) so it wasn’t enough to 3-star… I’ll repeat the level now XD

EDIT: Yup, 3 stars now. Increased my score to 832k :P

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I think I got very, very close to the 3-star threshold on Level 210.
    797065 points and just barely missed 3 stars.

There’s got to be thresholds so I don’t see any reason why it says “n/a” for 3-star thresholds on the AB2 leaderboards, apart from the possible impossibility to find out for sure.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Impossibility to NOT 3-star levels?

Viewing 13 replies - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.