I wish Rovio would let us PAY for new characters

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum I wish Rovio would let us PAY for new characters

• I’d much rather pay for the new characters like we used to do instead of playing tournaments for them. For me my time is worth more than the few dollars they used to charge to unlock characters. If they gave the option to have us pay for them or play tournaments to earn them for free, I’d pay for them.

Prisoner1969

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Replies
  • Anonymous

@lewie4 Can for now on we buy new characters for,like $3.50 each?I am kind of getting sick of these comps.

wrw01
    @wrw01

It would be a great option to pay or play the competition. Let the end users make the choice.

We have had these competitions since last Halloween and I have to agree that I spend more money in time playing and that time would be better spent in doing things in the real world if I could have the ability to purchase the character instead of playing the game for a week or two.

I like the game and plan to keep playing but given the unexpected events of the non virtual world, the option would be another outstanding benefit to a great game.

@gradientturtle7
    @lewie4

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

We can, sort of. Since we can now use gems to make up whatever tokens we fall short. It’s not perfect, but it’s better than nothing. I’m OK with this.

prisoner1969
    @prisoner1969

really…. I guess I haven’t seen that option. Oops….

prisoner1969
    @prisoner1969

but it would be nice so I could get characters I missed. I missed the black friday special of Rodimus Prime.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@prisoner1969

During the previous event, if you clicked on an item in the token exchange but you didn’t have enough tokens to redeem that item, then it would tell you the gem cost to make up the difference. So it only showed up if you needed gems. If you had enough tokens already, it would redeem without showing a gem cost.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@optimuspig

Thanks I missed that also since I previously earned the transformer and all the items. Only played for coins in the last competition. Will look for that option in the one starting tomorrow.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@gradientturtle7 @lewie4

What would even add to the game is to let us use the game coins, pigs, and/or gems to obtain the character and accessories.

prisoner1969
    @prisoner1969

I hope they keep that in the future. I feel better now that I can exchange gems at least to get the characters. I wonder if you’ll be able to get all three of the characters that way since it seems like there will be three to choose from in this next tournament.

I still wish there was a way to get missed characters. I missed one other besides Rodimus Prime.

Anonymous

@prisoner1969 I am only missing Rodimus Prime as well. @wrw01 @optimuspig Good ideas.

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

well,some guys here want to buy directly the TF’s,some others dont…i have of course real life,but in my opinion,not real money should be spent in games.. games are just for fun…anyway,as @optimuspig said,you may sort of buy a TF by using gems..if you do not have sufficient gems,you buy them (by using money),so lets say that we can ”buy” a TF….

Anonymous

@sukerman13 good opinion…

Deszaras
    @deszaras

@wrw01 I agree with all your points. You already need to use up gems to stay near the top of the leaderboards. After getting the option of getting Windblade again, I decided I wasn’t going to waste so much time making sure I kept up with runs. Games are supposed to be fun. Yeah, I understand not wanting to spend extra money but if I’d like a bot instead of letting the game interfere with my everyday life. If the bot price is reasonable I’d rather do that. While I don’t like in app purchases, it’s a moot point considering almost every console game has so much dlc now. As much as I hate it, it’s the norm now and you can not pay extra for game content or not. Sometime it’s worth it depending on what it’s worth to you.

prisoner1969
    @prisoner1969

So much better. Now I own all three of the new birds and all the add-ons. I didn’t have to go through the mind numbing tournaments. I am so glad they put that as an option.

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

how many gems in totl mate ?? birds + accessories ??

jasebree
    @jasebree

It would cost 4800 gems for all three TFs.

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

with or without their accessories..?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

4,800 gems for the TFs only.

Anonymous

Wow…I only had enough gems to get Sunstorm…

Anonymous

@prisoner1969 I’m curious.What are the accessories for Starscream and Skywarp?

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

thanx !!!

prisoner1969
    @prisoner1969

They are on the right of the coins in the same shop that you buy the Transformers. I don’t remember and I don’t have time to go look. I’m at work and wanted to reply.

AngrLee
    @angrlee

@prisoner1969, I am taking the same approach to just buy the TFs with gems. Whatever tokens I accumulate are a nice cost offset, but I agree with many here that the time investment during a comp is not worth it.

For those asking about accessories…

With the first TF I bought, he came with 6 unlocked (you’d still have to purchase them) accessories. Standard stuff: headphones, baseball cap, etc. There is one to give 10% more fire rate.

Kevin Conway
    @kevin-conway

You can buy the new character, click on them it offers you to buy the characters in exchange for gems

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum I wish Rovio would let us PAY for new characters

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.