I Quit Playing AB2

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum I Quit Playing AB2

• Haven’t played AB2 for a week or more. What’s the incentive for playing the arena? Nothing. The daily challenges require spending money (as I recall) to win. I got stuck on some level, and haven’t advanced. So what’s the point?
    FYI — I have been a devoted AB / Rovio fan since 2011, but am finding the current game-play less than interesting.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Playing the arena? You get gems and glory… I guess. But that’s it really.

Not all DC’s require money to win. Some can be beat with no trouble, even by me. Others are beatable by spending only 60 gems. And some are impossible – I try to avoid those that are ridiculous.

Keep trying, you’ll eventually succeed in advancing. Some levels really are a pain in the bum, I agree and I’ve been through some myself. I don’t know why I still keep going but I guess my fun with the game still lasts somehow.

Aeshna
    @aeshna

Thought I hadn’t seen you around @MVNLA2 for a while.

I’m still playing because of the arena, and only the arena. I can get 300 stars a week and since Rovio more than doubled the price of extra goes, there has been a marked drop off in players spending. Whereas pre-Easter (disastrous) update I was finishing 5th-7th with the same score, I’m now 1st-3rd every week in diamond league.

Like you I’ve hit a brick wall at a level (520) and I’ve yet to complete a DC. I’ve never found an easy DC and will play about three times each day before going, meh.

It’s alway a shame when players quit a game, especially those that have contributed so much to this forum.

Anonymous

Wow Mvnla. I can’t believe you of all people quit this game.

Anyway, I fully support your decision though. I would quit too if I didn’t have an oath to 3-star every non-sponsered game.

Infact, I’m typing up a nice little rant for later. :)

wrw01
    @wrw01

I too quit playing AB2 today.

The hacks in the Arena and regular levels have taken the fun out of the game. Rovio’s documented written refusals to eliminate the hacks tells me where their priory is and it is not with the honest flingers.

Been playing AB games since early 2011 so this is not a hard decision to make when it is clearly obvious that the honest end user is getting ripped by the parent company because they have let the hackers do their stuff for the last year.

I really liked playing the game but Rovio’s financial decline in the last three years along with their 15 million loss last year coupled with the layoff of 50% of their workforce last year and this year, has set the stage for the lack of the support staff to address the significant issues for the honest players and quality control on the problems of new games.

It was fun when it was honest good clean fun but now it is a illusion of fun because the hacks and cheats have disrespected the game and laugh at the honest flingers who are still chasing the illusion.
    Arena = hack = Carl plus a few more that have been pointed out.
    Regular = hack = very hard to find and prove but his ABN name ends in 77

To all, have fun if you think it to be so playing the game…for me I will join the others who have put this game on the shelf because now I see the real reality of the illusion and being deceived by the lack of real and honest support action by Rovio.
    There appears to be a lack of support staff to “really” help the honest flingers in AB2 to play a non hacked game.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

I also quit playing AB 2 but for different reasons.

1. The game is not fun at all, it’s boring. For some reason, even though the basic idea is flinging, this game feels strenuous to me.
    2. Levels go on for too long and the idea of choosing birds is nice but implemented poorly as it still gives only 3 choices.
    3. No bonus mode like Mighty Eagle which was a fun distraction for me.
    4. The arena has nothing to offer other than win gems (I don’t give two cents for fame).
    5. The difficulty comes from random layout which may or may not be cleared with the bird lineup you get and not from careful placements of birds
    6. The level layout are also same always; 5 levels a boss, 5 levels a boss and so on. Not to mention, there aren’t any varieties with the bosses. They all feel the same
    7. Physics; this sucks. I cannot get myself familiarized with the physics of AB 2 no matter what.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Wow, it’s unbelievable that this game has broken some of the best flingers in the world.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@mighty-red-1

It is not that the game has broken some of the best flingers…it is Rovio’s stated lack of management of the various aspects of the game that has sent players away from the game. We are not broken people. I am still playing other AB games that work without programmed flaws from the owners. The game is what is broken and it is my opinion they do not have the resources to fix it correctly.

I would not drive a car with two flat tires each every day after a criminal sliced the tires while it was park in a public parking lot. I would get the tires fixed and drive it normally. The same goes for playing a game with hacks (criminals) who hack the game and ruin it for everyone else. Then Rovio’s management publicaly states they will not get rid of all the hacks and also not ban them from the game. Who wants to drive a car with two flat tires or play a game that is rigged with hacks that disrespect the game and cheat the honest players from ever winning.

The irony of it all is that the honest players will spend their money on the game for entertainment purpose, hacks will not. Now ask yourself, as I have asked myself this question, am I insane to spent my money and time on a game that has been hacked and I have no chance of winning? My answer would be yes. I will not spend any money and I will spend any time (which is more valuable than money) playing a game that various cheats are permitted to play, for over a year now, and the game’s management will not take the proper steps to stop the hacks and fix the game’s opportunities for improvement.

To all who still enjoy the game, keep doing what you enjoy, that is your choice and have fun with it. I do not play other Rovio games because I do not enjoy them and they do not entertain me. I play them because they entertain me and provide a mental challenge.
    This one has serious flaws that are caused by management not taking the correct actions to fix the flaws in a reasonable time frame.
    In the final analysis who really suffers, the end users. For Rovio folks it is their job to do it right and they get paid for it. For us, it is enjoyment and fun to play these games.

burbman
    @burbman

I guess I just don’t care what anybody else is doing within the game. None of the hacks or cheats really changes the way I play it. I play the arena daily to pop my 30 pigs and collect the daily gem rewards. I play the daily challenges to gain feathers when I can, usually using the previous day’s duck and pepper spells to get through the second stage, and crossing my fingers that I can get the boss without spending gems, but if I have them, I don’t mind spending 60 to finish it off, as I am at least guaranteed 100 feathers for it, and have a decent chance for more. Once I get all my birds to level 8 I will probably go back to the beginning to replay all the levels and fight for leaderboard positions here at the nest. If I face an arena level player with all the spells and seven level eight birds, I know I am going to lose, but I can still work on my own technique, try birds I might not otherwise use in a given situation, or just fling without aiming, I just don’t care. Its not like a 100 gem weekly prize is all that valuable.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

For the record it was level 513 (a boss level) that I was (am still) stuck on.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – I think I threw 60 gems at that one…and got a lucky bounce with the boss.

wrw01
    @wrw01

@burbman
    I respect your position, statement and game playing philosophy. Go for it and enjoy. You are one of the best flingers that has helped me with strategies in obtaining better scores. I thank you for that. I am just wired differently when it comes to this game and the lack of support the owners have showed.

I am a level 8 have all the feathers, etc, and it was fun to get there. What I have run into in the regular levels is one player who leads the first ten ABN leaderboards j…77. The game’s overall leader and I are friends and he is a legit flinger but his reign will be coming to an end soon with j…77 dominance on probably 2 more worlds of levels. He should take the lead when he is into the next third world of levels.
    I have beaten j…77 scores twice in the first 60 levels and he has beaten my scores three times. I am unable to beat his third set of scores and that started me to wonder if he is not a hack or a legit player.

Now here is the key, you have to destroy every stone, piece of wood, glass and everything in each screen to beat his score. But that in itself will be no guarantee that you will beat his score given the lineup of regular birds, the line up of bonus birds, the line up of birds your purchases and the lineup of the screens. You will have to spend your cash to get the extra birds to beat his scores. This is guaranteed. It appears he knows or has figured out what is the highest score that is obtainable for each screen. It it very impressive.

After you obtain all your feathers and are really up for a challenge, try to beat his scores in the ABN leaderboards in the first 60 levels. I would be interested in what you conclude. I have played more and have beaten his scores up to about level 200 but I just do not want to do the “dance” anymore.
    I have asked Rovio to verify if his scores are legit and they said that the analytical department does not have the time. I have asked birdleader in private messages if his scores are legit, three times, and he has ignored my requests.

This flinger is a loner in ABN, for a long time, and this is the only game he posts scores for. It does not “smell” right but I tried…
    Go for it and see if you can beat his scores, it is a great challenge, only if you are up for it…just kidding with ya. But it really is. J…77 is a good challenge, see how you compare…ha, ha…just kidding

ABeggerToo
    @abeggertoo

I am begrudgedly hanging on as I want to complete the game. The long levels and occasional extremely difficult ones make playing more of a ‘I guess I have to’ as opposed to reflecting my genuine excitement in playing. After 5 years, the joy is largely gone. AB2 is the epitome of greed. Although I have managed to not spend anything beyond my initial investment in the Under Pigstruction app, I expect to eventually hit a wall which will require me to spend or quit. At that point, I will quit. For now, my main motivation is to replay all.evels with my level 8 birds to get that high score. I’ve never played with that as my motivation before. Sad in a way. I stopped trying to get the high score on any level, just assuming getting 500+ level scores in with power 8 birds will allow me to achieve this – until someone else tops that score.

The coins, etc. in the other games have also diminished the original challenge of finding a unique strat to achieve a high score. Fling and hope is all that is left. Using ABN to find new solutions or post strats is also largely irrelevant to the new game. Rovio has managed to kill the game and impact the larger appeal of ABN in less than one year.

burbman
    @burbman

@wrw01 – Ah yes, I recall battling that player back before the scoring was changed, and I was actively working to top the leaderboards. I will give it a shot, but may have to settle for top 5 or 10 in each level. Not sure if they are cheater, hack, or maybe just have nothing better to do with their life than play this one game. Whatever they are doing, it at least provides an interesting target.

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I am with Burb, just having fun with it. Only I am exercising the ability to be picky about arena opponents so hackers don’t even bother me. They are just sent packing.

I guess there might be some skill to the game and older versions, but not a whole lot. More about repetition and understanding the physics and what bird will do what, how structures fall. Angry birds seems to be based on the old idea of the Gorillas game in DOS. Fun but shallow. I mean when I can come here and see how to get three stars in levels of older versions, there is nothing new, just repetition. At least with AB2 things get changed up and there is some choice, limited though it may be.

I am old school, loved the games like flight simulators, the Earthsiege and Mechwarrior series from the 1990’s. Games that were hard to learn, took many hours of playing on easy level just to understand, really tough on hard level and even harder in multiplayer. Those were the days when kids had little to no access to computers, we were all adults and wanted a real challenge, the develop skills. Now it is all about winning right out of the box. AB2 has just a tad bit more than that, so …

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum I Quit Playing AB2

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.