How the game calculates damage output

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum How the game calculates damage output

• Hi guys, so, I was grinding mastery in auto-play mode at Star Reef Castle.
    My team was Guardian, elite Mage and Cannoneer.
    The idea is to lower the attack of Wizpig in order to survive and defeat him.
    BUT something is off with my damage calculations vs in-game actual damage..

Now my calcs:
    Wizpig has a base attack of 1362. Thanks to his support ability, it boosts it to 2724.
    Guardian lowers the foe attack by 25%, while Cannoneer by 20%. In theory, that means a 45% decrease in attack for Wizpig.
    So the damage output of Wizpig should drop from 2724 to 1498, right? That’s not the case.
    Instead in the game, Wizpig deals 2111 damage to my birds. Which is “funny”, because this number is 77,5% of 2724, namely a 22,5% decrese in its attack.
    Right in the middle of the 25% attack decrease of Guardian and the 20% attack decrease of Cannoneer.
    If then I use Guardian’s Aura of Fortitude to take 25% less damage, the damage of Wizpig is reduce to 1583, which is 75% of 2111. And not 1123 (75% of 1498) as it should be..
    On other levels in the game, my calcs and the actual damage in game are right. But not in this level..

Am I doing my calcs right? Does the game makes calculations for Wizpig in a different way?

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Nono, your math is correct… I thought maybe the game first reduces by 25% and then by 20% which would make 40% damage reduction, but after testing it on the Pyro Pig in the first wave I can confrm it’s indeed 45%.

I can also confirm what you noticed on Wizpig.
    My Chuck takes 2111 damage which is exactly 22.5% less.
    My Red and Bomb each have a damage-reducing set item equipped which makes them take only 1942 damage. That’s 8% less damage than 2111, so these set items do work as advertised which is good.

I have a theory, however.
    You know how Wizpig uses his mushroom and gets a 100% damage bonus?
    Guardian’s and Cannoneer’s effects could possibly take percents off this damage bonus instead… Making it 100%-45%=55%.

Mathematical proof: If you take Wizpig’s base damage which is 1362, and add 55% instead of 100%, you get the 2111 damage he deals…

EDIT: Yup.
    I dispelled the mushroom buff with Tricksters before he attacked, which brought his normal 1362 damage back.
    That reduced by 45% is 749.
    Which is exactly the damage he deals on the Blues that don’t have any damage-reducing item on them.

So, Wizpig works no different from other enemies. ;) It’s just the 45% are taken off the 100% damage bonus – not off the boosted damage.

EDIT 2: That also explains why you’re getting 22.5% as a result.
    That’s a pure coincidence.
    Because of the mushroom Wizpig uses, his 100% damage basically becomes 200%.
    Taking 45% off those 200%, you get 155%.
    Scaling those 155% back to the 100% base gives you 77.5%, which is 22.5% lower than 100%.

Elemento93
    @elemento93

Thanks RedYoshi for the explanation, now it’s clearer.
    So basically, instead of a boost of 100% in its attack, it gets only a boost of 100-45 = 55%.
    And that explains the 2111 damage.. I see.
    Meaning that the 45% reduction is to apply to its boost in attack, and not on the total boosted attack.
    Well, that’s useful for the future.
    Thanks again man, have a good day!

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Always glad to help out! You too have a good time. :)

Suikyo
    @suikyo

Because the calculation Rovio uses is always like that: 100% + x% – y% …
    They apply those numbers directly to the base number.

Anonymous

Are shields like knight’s, guardian’s, and samurai’s part of this eauation too, or do they get their own separate equation acter the attack damage equation has been satisfied?0

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@poptimus
    Like @elemento93 already said above, it seems they get their own equation… After all they’re also two different things. Damage dealt and damage taken.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum How the game calculates damage output

Viewing 6 replies - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.