How should I prioritize my gold coins?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum How should I prioritize my gold coins?

• In what order should I buy items from the shop that use gold coins? I have 1,702 gold coins and when looking at the shop the items that are still for sale are:

Classes:
    Thunderbird
    Skulkers
    Sea Dog

Specials:
    Golden Anvil
    Golden Cauldron

Should I go ahead and buy all of these?
    Also, would elite hats appear in the shop if I didn’t own them already?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@flack Skulkers and Sea Dog are definitely worthwile purchases. Can’t say the same about Thunderbird – I personally almost never use him. Don’t waste your coins on the Golden Anvil – we all use Legendary Items from the Golden Pig Machine (so you’re much better off spending those coins on the Golden Pig Machine), and the resources have little to no use. Buy the Golden Cauldron only if you’re a potion user.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

How I think you should prioritize (from best to get first to worst):

1) Sea Dog
    2) Skulkers
    3) Golden Cauldron
    4) Thunderbird
    5) Golden Anvil

Sea Dog is very good so you should really get that. Skulkers can be good to lower the enemies defense. Golden Cauldron can be good to have if you need drinks, cakes and such. Thunderbird is pretty meh, get it when you can. Golden anvil is good if you still need non-set items but if you do not need that you can skip it.

burbman
    @burbman

I am actually playing mostly with Elite Tbird, Elite Skulkers, and Elite Sea Dog these days. Both Tbird and Skulkers help to enhance Sea Dog attack to the point where arena battles can occasionally be won in the first round.

Golden Cauldron is pretty much useless once your birds are strong enough to not need very many potions. The Anvil is handy when grinding materials for enchantment.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

My priority list would be:
    1) Sea Dog (awesome class, just recently obtained it myself – having it basically means 4 attacks in a single turn instead of 3)
    2) Thunderbird (best damaging shield of all classes – can easily KO a Wizard or Spies in the Arena)
    3) Skulkers (neat in combination with Druid, Guardian and other debuff-inducing classes, but not something I’d use often overall)
    4) Golden Anvil (it has the advantage that you get a free bonus for every enchantment, making you need less resources – and you can get more potions/resources etc. from it because you’ll throw more stars)
    5) Golden Cauldron (other than throwing more stars, it can’t do anything else)

Definitely buy the classes before the other gimmicks (exception: Golden Chilli).

EDIT: Oh, you have 1,700 LC’s? Definitely buy all of these, then. :P And get the Elite upgrades too. They will show up if you have a class and don’t have the Elite upgrade yet. (Exception: The Elite Starter classes (Knight, Mage, Cleric, Pirate, Tricksters) can’t be bought as of right now, they are event-exclusive.)

@mighty-red-1

You’ll still need the resources to enchant your weaponry :)

Mp127
    @mp127

My priority list:

1. Skulkers (good damage, very useful 2nd ability which can cause mayhem with Druid, give 2nd chance to stun for Bard, heal with Paladin/Cleric, attack 3rd time with Sea Dog, or just puts +30% damage before AoE)
    2. Sea Dog (very strong class, can attack 2 times per turn (3 times with Skulkers), it’s all about damage)
    3.Elite upgrades to Sea Dog and Skulkers, you’ll find them after buying premium classes (so, only Paladin, Bard, Skulkers, Thunderbird, Sea Dog have buyable Elite upgrades for now)
    4.Thunderbird and Elite upgrade (useful, but overall not so powerful, imo Wizard is better. Good when opponents has AoE.)
    5.Golden, then Diamond Anvil (because of enchantment bonus, nothing special except it)
    6.Golden, then Diamond Cauldron (buy if you don’t have/want Facebook and this way, don’t have much Friendship Essence to make Stamina drinks.)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@mp127
    Stone Guard’s Elite upgrade can also be purchased :) Costs 90 LC’s like the others.

Mp127
    @mp127

@smwforever45 Thanks for noticing, I’ve forgotten about it. :)

Pointless
    @pointless

@flack I will also put my two cents in, moreso to echo what has already been said.
    SeaDog is a must, one of the best Classes in the game, very useful in PvE and PvP. Purchase the Elite right away as well.
    Skulkers is useful, but definitely more of a support Class, as he is weak in terms of health. That being said, the damage you can inflict, both with this Class equipped with Ballista, and other Birds, such as SeaDog/Gang Up is pretty impressive.
    Thunderbird is very useful in Arena, so if you play this, then seriously consider the Class, otherwise, don’t rush.

Flack
    @flack

Thanks all for the tips. Very good info here.

One other thing related to gold coins. I recently hit level 60 and would like to start gathering some more sets. Do you guys use a lot of coins on the golden pig, hoping to get set items?

Is the best bet to wait until we get a x3 or x5 chance from the pig? Too bad those seem to come along once a month.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@flack
    Personally, I just go with the others and spend coins on the GPM ONLY when a 3x or 5xRR (Rainbow Riot) is on. That’s when your LC’s are best spent because you’re more likely to get something good for them.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum How should I prioritize my gold coins?

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.