How many people actually buy the gems?

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum How many people actually buy the gems?

• Because the price of the gems seems a bit high, if you consider that everybody will only play the Premium slot for panel-increasing SS items. With so many crap items in the slot, it’s almost certain that you will be getting something you don’t need (or at least I don’t need).

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • Rowdypup
    @rowdypup

I only buy them if it comes with a limited-time item; otherwise I save up (Monster Pig Events) get you them really fast for free to 20 gems so I can do the Premium slot

P.S. There’s a catch to the Premium Slot: the game recognizes the strength of your current items [ship or bird] and will wield a smaller chance at SS items if you have powerful gear, or a bigger chance at an SS item if you have weaker items, so I just make all my birds “naked” so I have the greatest chance at receiving an SS item without the hassle of getting useless junk. That’s how I got the limited-time “Three Piggy Brothers” for Chuck [Halloween] and the “Wreath Rod” [Christmas] for Matilda. It sounds a bit sketchy, but it’s worth it if you know Mighty Eagle is trying to scam you

TomT
    @tomt

@rowdypup

That’s actually a very interesting theory.

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

@rowdypup

I’ll give it a try next time I’m playing the 20 gem slot again. But I’m going to take it easy with spending money on buying gems, bought to much this year.

FireDragon
    @ktakano

I buy gems ever other month when there are specials. I will try your theory next time.

TomT
    @tomt

@rowdypup

@ktakano

You know, let’s say it actually makes a difference, after the post here, someone from Rovio is bound to see it, and they will go “Oh my god, we forgot about this, we should remove it immediately”.

I know I would if I worked at Rovio.

FireDragon
    @ktakano

@tomt – But Rovio is so slow to add patches, so we keep trying until it is no longer available.

MrIpkiss
    @mripkiss

You where lucky when you received better SS items.
    I just cleared my ship with SS items and only put A rank items on it. But I wasted 60 gems because I didn’t get a single SS item from the exclusive chest.

So it’s pure random
    SS items – 20% chance
    S items – 35% chance
    A items – 45% chance

CalvinTy
    @calvinty

It’s natural that people don’t admit to buying gems, but I did an experiment for this particular event:

When I got all the stuff during the Rovio error, the gems that I got, I ended up getting the Valentine 2017 Hull SS item when doing the first 20-gem slot.

Then, since I already had some gems in my inventory, the next 20-gem slot, I got the Valentine 2017 Mast SS item. They both were within the first day of the re-started event.

So I was itchy to see if I could get the trifecta.. needing the Valentine 2017 Bow SS item… decided to buy the $29.99 60-gem pack two days ago solely to use them 3 times in the 20-gem slot. It was a bust, really.

Yesterday, I bought the 2nd of 3 $29.99 60-gem pack… also a bust in some senses (got some piggies upgrades though and one SS item that I didn’t have for one of my birds).

Today, I bought the last of 3 $29.99 60-gem pack… another bust. So in 3 days, I charged basically $89.97 on my credit card just in hopes to get the 3rd of the trifecta and I’m letting everyone know that it didn’t prevail for me, drats.

The ironic thing is that I haven’t used any gems during the Valentine 2017 event (other than the ones I bought for the slots) and I’m doing well; currently ranked about 600 with 11K points. It was another goal that I didn’t use any gems to replenish my ship energy. If I ran out of ship energy, I simply waited another hour or so to use them.

So this experiment was both a success and a bust. Anyone else experiencing this as well?

* CalvinTy

deindiaan
    @deindiaan

@calvinty

I also bought the 60 gem-pack three times the last event, got the sp hull and the mast, but not the ship bow :(. This event i didn’t even try the slots. I’m ranked without a special at place ~65. Spend maybe three gems for ship energy’s.

@mripkiss

60 gems and not one ss item is really bad luck I guess, would had made me feel like an angry bird ;)

Home Forums Angry Birds Fight! Forum How many people actually buy the gems?

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Angry Birds Fight! Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.