How many gems does a new bot cost?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum How many gems does a new bot cost?

• I have been wondering quite a time, what determines the prize for a new bundle including a new bot. These prizes vary (or have varied) from 500, 750, 1000, 2000 to 5000 gems.
    It is obvious, that how more gems you have to pay, how more extras are included like sparks and accessories.
    But although this subject has been raised a number of times before, I still don’t know, what determines the number of gems you have to pay.

All I can think of are the following:
    1- your number of gems (the most obvious, but exceptions are known of players with a few
    hundred gems getting an offer of 5000 gems) (I had around 3500 before my last offer)
    2- your number of bots (unlikely, because I have the maximum number, but still have to pay (first 500 and later) 750 gems)
    3- your number of sparks (around 15k) (?)
    4- your number of coins (24M, see 2)
    5- your level of upgrade (about 940, see 2)
    6- your level of promoted bots (5 bots with 130%, the most 0% and some with low promotion)
    7- your willingness to buy something (never bought anything). If this is the case, any payment you make will backfire on you.
    8- a combination of two or more things mentioned above (?)
    9- totally at random (?)
    10- something I didn’t think of (?)

Conclusion: I still don’t know what causes these differences in gems to pay, although point 7, 8, 9 and 10 seems to be the most likely (non-)explanations.

Can anyone shed some light on this mysterious subject?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Replies
  • coolbug
    @coolbug

Yea, i never understood why i get a 5000 gem bundle for a bot (2000 for at end of event) and have only made a few payments.

But in my case, i might be able to clarify some things that might not be the reason. (in my case)

1. Number of sparks

I have less than 1500 sparks at most times, (Yea i know i have low stuff, its because i dont play the game much) and i am getting the 5000 gem bundle

2. Number of gems

I only have like 750 gems and i am getting 5000 gem bundle

3. Number of bots

I have 41 bots and i am getting it.

4. Level of upgrade

I’m a level 288 and i am getting it.

And that’s about it. Ill update you @moifirst if i think of something else.

Glad to help :) @moifirst

Grimlock
    @grimlock

i can say my nephew is way higher rank than me and has more sparks but i have the 1k gem deal and him the 750. so i dont think it is rank

he does have less gems than me. i have over 800 and he has about 150

my novastar when i first started was 750 and i took it. then it jumped way up and has worked its way back to 1000

seaspray
    @seaspray

Beachcomber was my 4th event and my first new bot gem offer.  I was still unlocking the variants on the map, so under level 185.  4 weeks in, very low gem count, sparks, etc.  My nephew was still unlocking the energon bots on the map, so a few 10’s of levels below me.  His offer was 750, mine was 1000.  He plays on a little kids tablet, I’m on Ipad.  @optimuspig is a planet eater, I’m now level 319.  We both have the 1000 gem Moonracer bundle, but mine comes with pistol, his does not.  His gems, sparks, coins, # of bots, etc. vastly outnumber mine.  @coolbug is comparable to me on all fronts but like myself, vastly below @optimuspig and getting the 5000 gem offer.  It’s definitely not 1-6 above.  As I’ve said before, if Rovio wanted to entice me to purchase gems, I’d consider it only for the 5k bundle with the 130k sparks.  So that’s not it either.  What about purchase history?  My nephew had never purchased anything and had 750, like @moifirst and @grimlock for NS.  I had previously purchased Roddy for $2.99 USD and had the 1k bundle.  @optimuspig has purchased some, but not as much history as say @elpapam, who gets the 5k bundle.  @grimlock now gets the 1k offer after making a purchase.  Maybe purchase history?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I have no idea.

I have almost 29,000 gems.  Based on that alone you’d think Rovio would be trying to entice me to buy a more “expensive” TF bundle.

Over time, my TF bundle price has gone up from 500 to 750 to 1,000.

If they raise the price again, I may just skip it and earn the TF from tokens, and see if they adjust the price downward the next time they offer me a TF bundle.

seaspray
    @seaspray

@optimuspig

how many in app purchases have you made and do they correlate with your price increase in bundles?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@seaspray

I’ve only ever spent CA$2.79 on a single 500 gem bundle, that was about three weeks ago.

My gem price on bundles increased from 750 in the previous TF event to 1,000 in the current (Moonracer) event.

seaspray
    @seaspray

So wouldn’t you call that a correlation?  Novastar was 5 events ago, so your gem bundle was in between the 2 new bots?

seaspray
    @seaspray

Maybe that’s also why your current bundle doesn’t have the pistol, because CA$2.79 < US$2.99?  Maybe you get better deals the more you spend?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

One data point does not maketh a correlation.

And again, I previously went from 500 to 750 without making any in-app purchases in between.

I’m more inclined to think that Rovio is seeing that I’ve been willing to spend gems to purchase the TF bundle (I haven’t passed on a single TF bundle yet) and is increasing the cost gradually to see how far they can push it before I decline.

seaspray
    @seaspray

myself and @grimlock included makes 3 data points.  From what I gather the 500 to 750 increase was an all around gem devaluation that affected everyone, and 500 is not offered to anyone anymore.  I could be wrong, just going off what I’ve read.  How many bots have you grabbed in gem bundles?  Is it a steady 250 gem increase each time?  I don’t know, I’ve only been playing for 3 new bots.

seaspray
    @seaspray

@optimuspig

Nevermind, I re-read your post in Moonracer – New character thread.  You got hit from 500 to 750 without spending cash same as @moifirst.  That would have been before my nephew started playing, so he got 750 also.  After spending cash, you, me and grims got kicked up to 1000.  I’m seeing a pattern here.

@moifirst
      Have you made an in app purchase?

@grimlock
      Has your nephew?  Mine has not, and is still at 750.

moi
    @moifirst

@seaspray
    Nope. Never made any purchase, so this could indeed be a factor of interest.

seaspray
    @seaspray

Most people aren’t gonna drop 50 bucks on gems as soon as they download the app.  They’ll pay 2.99 for 500 gems or Roddy, then see a 1k gem bundle and maybe grab 1800 gems for 19.99, because that 10k sparks would sure help for the next event.  Then BAM!, 5k bundle has what???  130k sparks!!!  Now they’re spending 50 bucks because that many sparks would take a beginner no less than 5 1/2 months to accumulate.  Meanwhile half the leaderboard already has 2 ruby crowned bots.  Rovio has now nicked you for 73 bucks instead of 50.

seaspray
    @seaspray

I’m level 867, have all bots but one, and usually have between 1500-3000 gems at any given time. I never spend actual money on the game, and my offers have been 1000 gems each time.

from @fortressmaximus   But I bet you’ve at least spent something to clear the ads?

GrimLockdown
    @grimlockdown

My theory is in–app purchases, the more you make the costlier the bundles are. I have probably done enough in–app purchases (3–4) that I get the 5,000 gem bundle. Due to software glitch I once lost a bot and Rovio gave me a code as a rebate. I think that this counts also as an in–app purchase.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@seaspray

“How many bots have you grabbed in gem bundles?”

I’m not sure, as I haven’t been keeping detailed track.

Going back through some old threads it appears that the first event in which I had a TF bundle offered to me for gems, was the “Elita One” event just after the New Year 2018.

For 500 gems, I got Elita One, 1000 sparks, and 10000 coins.

Assuming that all of the TFs are ordered sequentially in the Barracks, that makes it eight TFs from Elita One to Moonracer.  I’ve accepted Rovio’s gems-for-TF offer every time it was offered to me, which is every event where a new TF was introduced from Elita One onwards.

So eight.

My memory is a bit faulty, but I believe that either the first four or first five went for 500 gems, then the next two or three went or 750.

So basically 4-3-1 or 5-2-1 (500, 750, 1000 gems).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I wouldn’t be surprised if the next new TF offered to me went for 1,250 or 1,500 gems given the rate of increase.

FortressMaximus
    @fortressmaximus

@seaspray, yes, I did spend something (<$5?) years ago when the game started to clear the ads.  I don’t even remember what I bought.  Anyway, still getting the 1000 gem offers, and mine have always included 10k sparks and one accessory, I believe.  Now I’m level 977 and have about 4000 gems.

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

I too have spent a minimal amount to clear ads. I’m just about level 1000, have ~55k gems, with ~600k sparks. I’ve only seen 5000 gem offers.

coolbug
    @coolbug

By this point, rovio should make it considered on play-time, or level (my case is 288) or just make it so everyone gets it at a fair level (say 750-1000 gems)  and not how many purchases… i would play this game more if rovio understood how to make things fair…

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

The first one I got was for 500 gems but every one after has been the 1000 gem bundle (character, accessory and sparks). I’ve never made a purchase but I did get a code for gems from Rovio as compensation for a bug that counted as a purchase.

moi
    @moifirst

@sntrooper
    Them [self-censored]!!!
    This beats everything. They know what to give away.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@moifirst Ha! I didn’t even think of that. I guess those gems I got have cost me way way more than I got if the bundle prices are effected by purchases (which based on this thread certainly looks like they are). But it is worth it to not have the ads anymore.

seaspray
    @seaspray

My nephew had 750 offer for each of Beachcomber and Novastar.  Just learned he bought a $1.99 gem bundle last week, which was his first in app purchase.  He only had the 1000 gem bundle for Moonracer.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@20qmindreader

How’s it going, man?  Haven’t seen you around in ages.  Hope you’re keeping well.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum How many gems does a new bot cost?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.