How does the scoring work?

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum How does the scoring work?

• Hi guys, as you all know every now and then you hit the challenge that is something like “Score over 125,000 points” or you are playing the weekly tournament and need to get the best score you can to get up that rostrum. The question is “What is the best way to rack up the points?” Here are my observations but I wonder if there is an official guide somewhere or someone from Rovio can add some detail to this:

– Coming 1st: usually about 80,000 points though there appears to be a “bonus” amoount of points awarded sometimes (not sure if this is because you cross the line faster than the track average with points-per-second awarded on the difference or quite what – any ideas?)
    – Coming 2nd: I don’t come 2nd very often but I think it’s the same calculation as coming 1st but with a base of 70,000 points
    – Coming 3rd: and again but with base points of 50,000

After that the next big points earner I can find is getting air-time, going for a jump off a ramp seems to get you about 1,000 points for every second you are air-borne.

And then we get in to pure speculation territory, I think (but cannot prove) you get extra points for:
    – Landing on top of an opponent
    – Knocking an opponent off the track
    – Just generally side-swiping an opponent

I don’t think you get points for picking up coins or jewels (though obviously you get the coins and jewels) but here are some of the things I am really uncertain about:

– Points for using your “special powers”?
    – Points for drifting?
    – Points for “near misses” in Time Boom?

And finally, just because I really do not understand – sometimes I get “coins” at the end of a Time Boom run when there were obviously no coins on the track – I don’t think I hit that many blocks and maybe it is an illusion, but when I intentionally hit blocks I don’t appear to get any coins.

What say you?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • Replies
  • FixItDik
    @fixitdik

I haven’t worked out the formula for it yet but when you really get tight for points on one of these “score at least X points” type challenges try to throw in a load of drifting, I found one that was really borderline for me, I was missing the target by a few thousand each time and so I just got a little crazy with the drifting and suddenly I cracked the challenge and I still finished in the time allocated (which is the down-side to drifting: go too wild and it can slow you down)

Anyone else have some observations or hints?

Home Forums Angry Birds GO! Forum How does the scoring work?

Viewing 1 replies (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.