How do you all have so many Gems????

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum How do you all have so many Gems????

• I am borderline obsessed with AB Transformers. I play every day longer than I’d like to admit but whatever…its fun. The thing that keeps stopping my progress is Gems. After reading some of these topics/posts I am shocked at how many people have literally hundreds of gems whereas I have never had more than I dunno 30??? Are you buying them? using a cheat code? I feel like I’m successfully crushing every task in nodes, competitions, getting at least 4 keys on missions, lots of completed tropies, etc. I am at level 75ish I believe, Silo at level 11, several level 8 TFs…I’m not saying I’m the best but I can seem to get enough gems to really match the progress I am seeing from some of you guys. What is the best way to beef up my Gem count??

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • Replies
  • Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@emem The reason behind our gem amounts is because most of us have been playing the game since October 2014, which was the time the game was launched. Nearly 2 years is a lot of time to accumulate hundreds… no, thousands of gems. Level 75? I’m guessing you’ve only been playing the game for a week or a few. Anyway, the current ways of earning gems are from treasure chests which spawn on the map every once in a while, mission portals, Jenga mode, daily rewards, having your characters used by your Facebook friends, and Prof. Pig’s lab. In some challenge events tokens can be exchanged for gems.

EM
    @emem

@mighty-red-1 Thank you for the reply. I didn’t mean to take anything away from you as far as your achievements. I will continue to play and level up. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something as far as building up my gem count. Thanks again. BTW, level 99 …my bad. [Bumps chest and feels proud of himself]

Anonymous

@emem
    Firstly, I wanted to say that I really enjoy your enthusiasm! This forum gets really complainy sometimes, so it’s refreshing to see someone unreservedly enjoying the game.

Anyhow, I don’t have much to add to what @mighty-red-1 said above. I’ll just emphasize that missions are the way I generate most of my gems. Also, to the extent that I’m able to turn materials into gems in Prof Pig’s lab without slowing down upgrades… I really only use a few recipes:
    – Three of whichever low grade materials (Pig Iron, Birdium, and both gears) I’m about to reach capacity. Never spend 5 gems to respin these.
    – One each of Anger Chip, Badness Processor, and Super Rareium. Re-spin once at most.
    – Three SR. Re-spin twice.
    – Occasioanlly three AC or three BP, if I’m at capacity and don’t have any SR. No re-spin.
    I’m not sure of this is the optimal strategy for the lab, but it’s certainly better than nothing! Hope you find it useful! I’ve managed to generate several hundred gems per week this way. My TFs are leveled up enough that I can always get five keys on missions, and only have to watch videos occasionally. Sometimes five keys with only two TFs on the easy mission node! Oh, and I always pick the longest missions, because those give the most gems, of course.

Anonymous

Oh, and I should add that I don’t play Jenga mode, and I don’t have any FB friends that still actively play this game, so I don’t get any gems from either of those sources. I didn’t even know Jenga mode was a gem source until just now! Might have to try it soon. And I’m definitely going to go on a facebook friend adding spree soon. Most of my FB friends only play Epic.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I started playing in November.
    I don’t do Facebook or Jenga.
    I have 7000 gems.

I got a bunch in the recent contest, but I think that was just 2500 or so.

I get them from missions, the lab, and the chests that lie around.
    I don’t spend very many.
    In addition to recipes cited above, I’d note that two pink chips plus one pink gear can be profitable.

Anonymous

@franciscrawford
    Whoa! Good call on that recipe! I’ll not be using BPx3 anymore…!

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

Well,as everybody else mentioned,the best ways are :
    1. Via chest when shown in the map (the easy way,numbers in chance between 1-13)
    2. Via missions through portals,also easy way,but you have to wait for the requesting time of finishing the mission,but you can reduce the time of wait by using pigs to shorten the time
    3. And most dificult or most “lucky” procedure,via Pig Lab.. You have to use earned materials and it depends how much gems you will have.. Numbers from 1-20..
    Everyday,via my recipe strategy,i earn from 40-100 gems daily.. Sometimes,i earn less than 40 through a day,but this happens to me 1 time at every 50 days generaly..

My big question though is,to the veterans here,WHY DO YOU STACK ALL OF THESE GEMS ?! I am playing this game simce first launched,except 2-3 months that had some other things to do.. I always spent gems in events for recharging batteries,but all my remaining gems,i always spent them for buying accessories for my TF’s… I have bought for every single one if them almost everything offered !! And i am talking for head accessories,face,arms,legs,back,chest etc etc… Except if you guys have bought everything offered (and only then would be logical to keep gems),but in any other mean,why do you keep stacking them…???
    Thank you for your time and patience to read my post…!

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

And to be honest,i am a guy that wants to have every thing offered.. I thought i could never be able to have all the offered materials and never thought to start stacking gems to buy things.. Less than 6 months,i have bought aprox 8 out 10 of the accessories here.. I do not own the 2 payable TF’s,so i will make my calculations and i ll tell how many accessories are now in the game and how many i own.. I ll do that not to prove you that “i am the best here”, i do not care about that and it is not my goal.. I ll do that so that people like me (6 months ago or so..), that never thought of having all the accessories,now everybody can make it !!!

Edit to my previous post: many accessories of course hane been earned by wining them in events and also many gems have been granded to me by Rovio HDQ,beacause of experiencing many problems through out events or daily game play…

Total TF’s till now : 33
    Total accessories : 266 (only if i havent forgot some,i felt my head dizzy from the middle of counting !!!)
    Total accessories i personaly have : 220 !!! For many of them i do not care,because in some TF’s there are 6 or 7 glasses or 6-8 headwear.. Which reduces the neccesity of having all of them right now… You can still have them,but you may first want to buy the neccesary ones…
    So everybody,if you DO want to have every thing unlock,it is less than 10 months of job… Of course we so have personal life,but i am just saying my thoughts out loud and try to give hope to all of us that just love the game..!

EM
    @emem

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate all of the help.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

My views of spending gems on accessories start:

1. Most accessories are pretty useless.

2. Everything about the game can change without notice, including what the accessories do, which TFs seem best to use, etc.

3. I’ll spend on what’s clearly powerful and a bargain, for TFs I actually expect to use. I believe the only accessories I’ve spent gems on are +5% damage headphones and Explosive Rounds powers. But given another thread, I may buy Acid Rounds for Arachnid soon.

4. I spend freely to get extra runs in competitions, in large part because I think competitions are the most fun in the game.

Some specifics:

A. I wish I knew what +20% defense actually does, and whether I like it better than +5% damage.

B. Some competitions are boring by the end, or conflict with my real-life schedule. Then, of course, I’m less likely to spend the gems.

E.g., in the current one, I’m spending no gems at all, in part so I can say that I followed that policy at least once. :) Besides, I’m traveling, and the only award of value I didn’t already have cost 750 tokens, which I got the first day.

ph
    @ph

You need to work on updating your silo to level 15 and the hard/medium missions to allow 3 TFs. Updating the silo will allow it to hold more materials versus getting coins for excess, plus you can’t upgrade to level 15 without it. With the larger silo you have more materials to use in the lab to generate the gems.

otter
    @otter

Well…. I have 6100 gems…. Been playing since day one….. At level 510…. Play missions at the max times available (more materials and gems)….. On the upgrades now that take 3 days on far end I used the section that lays out all the high yeilding recipes for either needed materials or more gems….. Always grab the chests on the map….. Jenga on the the days that offer gems…. I have only spent about $20.00 on buying gems in 2 years.. Not it that much of a rush on to finish upgrades sooner….. That has been my game play….. From the posts seems there are many ways that each of us play….. What ever works out for you and your sked…..

EM
    @emem

@ph That’s good advice. I just realized about a week and a half ago my folly in not respecting my silo. I now have it up to level 11 and am waiting on some super rarium to upgrade again. Of course my TFs are level 8 at best so doing well enough in missions to get SR is tricky and with no gems I can’t even by the extra keys. :(

Anonymous

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, NEVER BUY EXTRA KEYS WITH GEMS!!!

EM
    @emem

@poptimus OKAY! OKAY! I’M SORRY! [performs seppaku]

I only did it twice. Once for a special mission character and once for a piece of super rarium.

Anonymous

Forgot about the character missions. That’s legit.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Super Rarium should generally be gotten in the lab.

However, I’ve forgotten whether one can get one’s first piece that way, or whether one instead needs to get a piece in another way so as to upgrade the silo to the point that it can hold more pieces.

EM
    @emem

Yeah. It was the my first super rarium. I got a little excited. You remember your first time right?

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

@franciscrawford,you say that most accessories are useless..ok,i ll bite that,but still,what is the use of having gems,without doing anything with them ?? After some point,you will see that maybe you are going to get bored by the game.. That happened to me,i had millions of coins and more than 15000-16000 gems.. I had the same opinion with you and one day,i said “why do i play since day 1 that this game launhed”? What is the reason of stacking gems? And then i started buying accessories and now my next goal is to unlock EVERY SINGLE ONE of the accessories.. You have to put goals in every game..unlock all given TF’s,upgrade them to level 15,finish all achievements,have all energoicons etc….. Personally,this is my next goal,because stacking gems is useless..and that is the point of the gems : buying accessories or recharge batteries for events..(previously i spent gems to finsh faster my upgrades,but that was 1 year ago…)
    I agree that many things may change in the game and that i also use gems for events batteries,but if you by my point of view,after having everything unlocked,you ll get bored…..

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I’m one of those hoarders at about 12K. After leveling everyone, except Acid Storm currently, and unlocking all of the achievements, my stash has been steadily growing. I’ve been putting off buying accessories waiting to see what comes available in competitions, especially things like HIQ. With new characters apparently around the corner, I’ll probably start selectively accessorizing my bots. I do want to keep a fairly large stash, so I’m not going to go on a buying spree.

ph
    @ph

I’m with @millforce2k . I have 12K in gems but am selectively accessorizing my TFs.
    I also use gems for competition recharging but I decide at the beginning of the comp how low I will let my stash get and stick to it.

sukerman13
    @sukerman13

Well,i totally respect everyone’s answers… But as i mentioned before,except events,this game has nothing more to offer me.. And i am someone that likes to put goals in every game.. To tell you the truth,it is the only game i play and i have stuck to it since October ’14… And now that i have finished everything offered,my next goal is as i said before,to unlock the accessories.. I do not see any particuraly reason to stuck my gems.. My calculations says that i earn 1000 gems in less than 40 days… So i have my gems always between 1200-1500 and after that number,when it goes 2500 i buy things..i drop to 1500 and when it goes again to 2300-2500 i buy things.. Having gems just to see them multiplying has nothing to offer me… I beleive that if i hadnt spent them since day one,now i would sit in aprox 22000-25000 gems with a high possibility this number to be less than the true number…. So ??? What is the point ??? End especially if there is a chance to lose some gems via Rovio’s updates,then it is sure to exchange them for accessories…
    I am new to this forum,i think a little bit more than 6-8 months,but i was taking a look after this forum since first “ABT” launched so i know every thing that happened to every one here..

And i will personaly stick to my desicion to buy accessories,because there is no point to have gems(except recharging batteries in events),especially when you are allowed to do things with them,on the contrary with coins…. Of course,i say all these because i am in this place,i strongly recomment to all new players to continue stacking gems,because it is going to be needed in the future… Trust me,i know !! After finishing anything you wish,then it is up to every one to deside if you want to be one the best and unlock things or do things with your gems,or if you would like to keep them for future needs..(and of course i do not imply that if someone stack gems is not a good/best player). If your strategy is good,every one here can achieve 1000 gems in aprox 1 month…

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

I don’t buy accessories because a year ago I decided I wasn’t going to until that “coming soon” structure came (just in case it needs lots of gems). Of course at the time I only had about 8000 (now nearing 27000) and accessories were useless, but darn tootin I’m sticking to it! I have bought some that help greatly (like HiQ) though.

Also I like getting them in the events. If I already have everything offered (like the current one) they are excessively boring and I don’t like to play just to play because I don’t want to get in the way of someone that actually needs the tokens.

julrey
    @julrey

Yeah I used to wonder the same thing when all my TFs were still sub-level 10, but as you near getting maxed out you find that not only are you getting more coins and gems than you used to, but there are also fewer things to spend them on. I only recently hit level 15 on my last remaining TF, so my gem count is still pretty modest, but on the other hand I’ve built up 5.5M coins. When I was still at lower levels I found that I had to play nodes nearly constantly just to keep up with the number of coins I would need to upgrade the next TF when the currently one finished. I couldn’t have dreamed at the time that I would ever hit over 5M coins when I was struggling to come up with, say, 200k by the time my current TF finished upgrading.

BP
    @bpmann

The game sure has changed since the “early days”. Days when you could barely get through a mission/node, with an extended time buddy and defense shield or paralyzingly Ray to get you through the mission/node. Coins were much more valuable then, as were pigs to open up new areas. Now, in looking back, saving gems seems to be the priority currency, at least right now. I used to use up gems on special missions- gold domes. Gems are still valuable for challenges, and I spend more time farming gems from missions, Prof. Pig’s lab for upcoming challenges. Looks as if there will be 5 new characters on the horizon, and still some new areas to be unlocked. Best wishes with the game. I still find it pretty enjoyable today, and I have been on board since early 2015.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum How do you all have so many Gems????

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 35 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.