Hound – New Event!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Hound – New Event!

Viewing 18 replies - 76 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

It’s a miracle how you are still using money on this game. I would have never wasted a dime on this after I quit once.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Got Unicron once in 23 runs on Day 6.

Finished the event with 8,200 tokens including those from crates, the spire, and the daily quests.

I guess I’ll pony up the additional gems to get the new TF.  In for a penny, in for a pound.

No accessories for me, though.  Some of the low level ones will eventually drop from crates anyway.

Looking forward to resting over the holidays.

What happened to the parallel event for players who haven’t updated, yet? It was a 13 day event, and I was about half way through it, but when I try to log into the game this morning (Pacific Time), the game requires me to update it in order to continue playing. Now the parallel event is gone along with my 5000 to 6000 tokens earned from that event. I was hoping to be able to unlock Sideswipe since he was being offered. I am not happy. Rovio/Exient shouldn’t do things like this, it’s not fair to players. I would like to complain to them about this, but I’m not sure how to do so in this case.

Joel
    @joel687

Good event for me. I got Hound, all his accessories, and the big and small sparks containers. I hope to rest for the next event…

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

I bought Hound with 5000 gems on day 1 and promoted him to 75% so with the multiplier and EGL I played at 440% and used him as buddy whilst also upgrading so ended up with 4 days either 2nd or 3rd for 500 tokens and other 2 days at 200 token mark. So have all accessories plus all 3 spark containers.

I find I can average 75 gems per day from missions, lab, quests, crates and chests so I don’t mind spending the gems every couple of months for a TF and then just cruising through the event.

For other events I try to go hard the first 2 days and then when have half the tokens needed I use gems to buy.

Andrew
    @andrewinireland

I decided not to waste any gems on recharges- ended up having to pay 275 gems to get the missing tokens to buy Hound, which I reckon is a saving of about 500 gems had I been recharging.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I could unlock Hound and two accessories. I had about 230 tokens left, so I decided to buy the Cristmas hat, but a bug happened.

The item is sold on the event page, but when I move to the character accessories page, I don’t own the hat.

I’m glad this didn’t happened to the most expensive items, but I will still open a ticket to Rovio to complain.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

@jimmy-necessary I expect the last six days of the parallel event are going to be the next event for everyone and all the tokens you got will be there when it starts later today.

moi
    @moifirst

I’ve unlocked Hound (no accessories) and up till now (level 6) he looks like a great asset. As @deszaras already mentioned before, he’s a kind of combination of Ratchet and Sentinel Prime. Thus he is something like 2 bots in 1.
    At least in theory this shows great promise.

Nivedhitha Natarajan
    @nivedhitha-natarajan

Did not play so much in the event. Got lucky with shockwave tower. Reached level42 and that gave me 15k tokens and 5000 sparks for 800 gems. Could have kept the 800 gems if I wasn’t greedy. Anyway hound and accessories for 800 gems is OK, I guess.

moi
    @moifirst

@jimmy-necessary
    Although this is a late reply, I want you to know that you can submit a ticket to Rovio support if the answer of @sntrooper shouldn’t be right.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

“Reached level42 and that gave me 15k tokens and 5000 sparks for 800 gems. ”

ARGH

And people are wondering why I went nuts in the Spire the other day.

Nivedhitha Natarajan
    @nivedhitha-natarajan

@optimuspig my run in the shockwave shire could be one off to hook us in

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig

And people are wondering why I went nuts in the Spire the other day.

That’s gambler’s fallacy (as Shockwave’s Spire is gambling no matter which way you look at it). You think you may win if you go on but in the end, the cost to move forward is hardly worth it in the long run. Let’s say even if you pushed forward to level 90, imagine how many gems you would have won versus how many you would have ended up spending (considering gem retries prices increase and maxes out at a whopping 1600).

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m aware of that.  Doesn’t make it any easier though.

Ironic though that I’m being lectured on spending gems by someone with a practically limitless supply of them.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig As I have said, I don’t like unnecessarily spending them.

And TBH, if I was lecturing people to not spend gems but I did that instead on this game, THAT, my friend, would have been ironic. Telling you to save those items is not ironic even if I have a supply (and even then, it is not limitless, it has a limit)

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Well you seem to spend enough of them to achieve desirable results in the gambling.

The most successful gambler I know personally in real life has a large enough stash to get through the lean times at the blackjack table.  The rest of us can never win big,  because we can’t afford to bet big.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig The only place where I spend them now are crates as they do give me proper bang for the buck, and even then, I do just ten crates and close the game. That spire however, is actual gambling where you can lose on the second try (which never happens in the crates) and I am saying this as I have lost on the second try. yes, you can win more if you push forward but compared to the crates which give you stuff no matter what, the spire takes more as well.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Hound – New Event!

Viewing 18 replies - 76 through 93 (of 93 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.