HOLY SMOKES! How did I miss this for so long?

Home Forums General Discussions Forum HOLY SMOKES! How did I miss this for so long?

• I wanted to play some ABF today, and my ipad was down temporarily. Since I freely admit I’m addicted and didn’t want to wait, I grudgingly fired up a PC and launched ABF on the PC. The screen display was about the size of my laptop, say 17″ in dia. While grumbling to myself about it, I started looking around and I saw a button that LOOKED like it might change the window size. Having been disappointed many times before by PC-based software, I clicked on the button. SURPRISE! The game screen went max, and filled up my entire 27″ monitor!!! Not only can I see exactly what I need to, much better than on an iPad, but I can use a mouse to draw/aim.
    I’m a large man. I have very large hands. When playing on the ipad, most of the time I can’t even see the bird or 2/3 of the sling when I’m drawing back, so anything less than full draw, which is required frequently for trick shots, is extremely difficult. On the PC, I can use a mouse and actually SEE WHAT I’M DOING!!! HOW DID I MISS THIS FOR SO LONG??!!
    There is one major downside to this. Since I usually play AB in bed, horizontally, while winding down and getting ready to go to sleep, or to ‘wind up” by starting the day popping piggies before I have to get up, now I need to find a way to play the PC game in bed. I think I need about a 40’ mouse/keyboard cable to reach my PC. For the display, I wonder if the wife would mind if I put a 50″ TV on the ceiling.
    Hmmmm. maybe I should wait until it’s warmer to ask the question. It’s too cold to sleep in the doghouse (and since we don’t have a dog, I’d have to curl up with the raccoons who come to visit).

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • Kelani
    @kelani

This is exactly why PC users love that platform :) Mouse is more precise, and a huge screen makes everything (especially micro-adjusting aiming) sooo much better.

sheilahdb
    @sheilahdb

Love your post. Good luck with your idea. Happy flinging!

sparty83
    @sparty83

@jkhab69,
    If you are really serious about playing AB in bed, you may want to look into getting one of these:

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@sparty83 — I take it that’s a video of your bedroom, right? No wonder you started the AB Anonymous forum!

DaBoid
    @daboid

@jkhab69

I have just the thing for a guy with large hands and fat fingers:

Capacitive Stylus.

It’s just like a stylus used for the old-style video games and Palm Pilots, but with a capacitive tip that works on an tablet or smartphone screen.

Even with my delicate lady fingers, I find it easier to enter text and fling birds with teh capacitive stylus. I got mine at Best Buy, but there are available at all computer supply places.

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

@daboid , thanks, I’ll have to check it out. not at best buy, since they have no competition up here, their prices are 40% higher and their selection is smaller than other places. amazon smile/wounded warriors should have something.

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

@daboid , it’s time for me to get one of those. more issues today, so I went on Amazon smile, where Ive selected Wounded Warriors as my charity found this:
    Bundle of 3PCS Premium Branded 5.5″ Thin-Tip High Precision Universal Capacitive Stylus Pens + Extra 3 Replaceable Tips and 2 X 15″ Detachable Elastic Lanyards (Red/Black/Silver)
    by The Friendly Swede
    It was $9.99 with two day shipping from amazon prime, so by thursday I should be able to aim a bit better. thanks again for the tip.

crash
    @tmax

I was going to suggest a stylus as well…. another good thing with a stylus.you can.aim say Han Solos laser shots.more accurately then with your finger…. at least I can, lol….

Jkhab69
    @jkhab69

just got three fine point styluses, stylusses, styli? in the mail. lot better control on the ipad

Kelani
    @kelani

I recommend the silicone tipped stylii, if you can find them. They last longer, and seem to be a bit more precise.

Home Forums General Discussions Forum HOLY SMOKES! How did I miss this for so long?

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.