Help with study on Angry birds and gender

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Help with study on Angry birds and gender

• Hi all,

As you are avid angry birds gamers, I would like to request your help. I’m doing a study on how gender might relate to gaming (games such as Angry birds), I would really appreciate it if you could spend max 5 min to complete a very short questionnaire for this purpose.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1dsfTuoKldGayi995cLrgzOM0SQl9bsa2xtzrmdD-J74/viewform?usp=send_form

Many thanks for your help,

You will be able to view summary charts of the results at any time following the link.

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Replies
  • Toby
    @tobyv

This survey asks some very personal questions. I don’t know about anyone else, but I would sure like to know a lot more about you, your institution or business, and the purpose of this study before I participate!

@admins
    : TOS violation?

Theano
    @thea12345

Hi Toby,

I finished my phD studies and I now work at the Open University,UK as a postdoctoral researcher. The aim of my research (and of the questionnaire) is to investigate whether emotional characteristics such as emotionality or sociability might relate to game habits in order to inform the design of more responsive games for both males and females.

Please do let me know if you need any more details,

Thanks,
    Theano

sal9
    @sal9

@tobyv There is no issue here. It is a simple survey that does not require you to give any personal data (IP, email, name etc)

@thea12345
    We are always happy to help out. Just keep BirdLeader in the loop please via pm (private message). Thank you

Theano
    @thea12345

Thanks for this,

I will do so.

Best
    Theano

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Sal9, @BirdLeader — A couple of comments seem to have been deleted from this thread, with no mention of BL saying that this survey is legit. What gives?

sal9
    @sal9

@mvnla2 I guess me saying “it’s ok” is not enough?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Sal9 — Sorry, didn’t mean to insult you. You did mention that he should contact BirdLeader, so I was expecting a response from BL. Also, you didn’t mention checking out Theano’s credentials, and several people were looking for confirmation that he is legit. I guess there are a lot of very cautious / very suspicious (of others) people on ABN.

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

The survey is a Google Doc. Theano will have no way of accessing private information unless you voluntarily and foolishly provide it of your own accord. Any such cautious/suspicious people are welcome to simply not partake in the survey. Those who are less cautious/suspicious can rest assured that if you simply answer the posed questions without saying “Oh and my credit card number is” etc., you’ll be safe.

Toby
    @tobyv

@mvnla2 : Wow, one of my comments was one deleted. I thought it fairly laid out the skeptical position without being offensive. I guess we don’t want to hear the skeptical position.

Theano
    @thea12345

Hi all,

I’m very sorry for the inconvenience my survey might have caused to your community.
    I would like to re-assure you (thanks @amslimfordy for the clarifications) that no personal details can be collected by completing the survey.

The survey is for academic purposes only with the aim of designing better and more engaging games.

(cc @BirdLeader)

Thanks for your understanding,
    Theano

Bird Leader
    @birdleader

@thea12345 I appreciate the note. There is no such thing as bad press!

Over the years there have been a number of surveys posted on the Nest much like this one. I don’t see anything of concern here. If members aren’t interested they can just opt not to take the survey. With that said, I think the general hesitation is a good thing. You can never be too safe on the web these days.

Good luck,

BL
    cc @admins

Home Forums General Discussions Forum Help with study on Angry birds and gender

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.