Help the newbie (me)

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Help the newbie (me)

• Hello, I have many nub questions so please help.

1. Are any characters that feature the moustache pig exceptionally powerful? Besides dead end, I saw his abilities as a buddy.

2. Are any blues characters worth noting?

3. No one talks about tyrpitcon, any galvatron variant, or a bubbles character. Is that because they’re bad?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • Replies
  • Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

Trypticon is copy work of Dark Megaton while E.Lockdown is another strong foreman pig variant. Blaster should be the best bubbles character.

Tobyjug
    @tobyjug

1. Lockdown is cool when fully loaded from all the accessories. Energon lockdown doesn’t have as many available but can be recharged from energon cubes. I prefer lockdown.

2. Smokescreen seems to deal more devastation than the other Blues.

3. Energon Galvatron has a faster reload but still poor. Ricochet takes down WMTs fast.

Joel
    @joel687

To me, Trypticon is as bad as any of the Bumblebees. If he doesn’t hit something you target the first time (because of flying pigs, wmts, etc), he fires two or three times quickly. Then, he goes into cooldown mode for about 5 seconds before he will shoot again. He is largely useless thanks to this

Joel
    @joel687

Either Lockdown is good if you get the explosive rounds

By Bubbles, do you mean the guy with the big orange beak or Stella, the pink girl?

pandaczar12
    @pandaczar12

Best advice we can give a newbie is to delete the app and quit right now.

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

@joel687

Bubbles has the big orange beak

@daniel-cho

Who have you unlocked yet?

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

If you are talking about grimlock then probably wait for E.Grimlock or Goldbite Grimlock as both are decent characters. If you have unlocked Ricochet, use him in event in combination with E.Grimlock or Ultimate Megaton only if all of then are unlocked.

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

@daniel-cho

Never accessorize Bumblebee or his variant. Never accessorize Jazz. Never accessorize Brawl. Never accessorize Emergon Soundwave. Do get accessories in the token exchange and Do not worry about overpower. Do not accessorize Windlade as she just can’t deal enough damage

Daniel Cho
    @daniel-cho

@quickgaming I’ve unlocked optimus prime, bumblebee, sentinel prime, heatwave, soundwave, bludgeon, lockdown, ultra magnus, galvatron, and ricochet.

Daniel Cho
    @daniel-cho

@tobyjug is smokescreen worth upgrading and all? I know that the reload is monstrous.

Is barricade not good? He appears to have the same attack as drift and drift’s attack is powerful. It travels across a surface and then it all explodes.

Geli
    @geli

@daniel-cho
    Barricade is a middling TF, imo. it has an EMP-ish weapon that is OK. Don’t use in competitions.

Suggest you get accessories that increase damage. Headphones and hats tend to cost less in gems, and is a start.

As noted above, Lockdown with proper accessories is decent. Anything that increases damage is good; headphones are cheaper and a good start. Incendiary round (enrgon cube) is good, acid rounds (squawk talk) is a real plus. Upgrade to Level 12 recommended

Soundwave- suggest headphones (+damage), cassette tape (faster reload) and
    beast box (explosive Force). Upgrade to Level 12 also. OK in competition as long as you can use 2 TFs. It is great vs blocks as noted above, but pitiful vs WMTs, Unicron and Boss Pig. Suggest a Grimlock – see below.

Ricochet- a decent TF. Upgrade and accessorize, but with restraint. See below fir why.

Next TFs you unlock should be able to unlock are Brawl, Grey Slam Grimlock (usually abbreviated as GSG) and Energon Starscream.

Brawl is unremarkable, but better than any of the Bumblebees.

GSG should be a priority for upgrading, accessories and promoting. That helps in regular nodes nad competition. It is a favorite of mine, especially on Missile Day. It can take down Unicron, Boss Pig and WMTs. Suggest headphones (+damage), then sword (weapon cool down) and monocle (incendiary round) for GSG.

Starscream is decent once you get +damage (headphones) and explosive round(shoulder pads), and upgraded, of course.

You should be able to unlock Energon Grimlock (E.G.) soon. It is powerful and a favorite of mine and others. Upgrade, promote and accessories are a priority, imo.

Spend gems wisely; suggest you do not use them for instant upgrades or to finish an upgrade in progress until you have a decent hoard of gems. IF you decide to purchase gems – some here are very opposed to spending money on ABT – get the Gem Pass. Least expensive and an in- game purchase means no loading videos

Best of luck and hope this helps.

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

I have unlocked everyone till Jazz and Arcee on my second device

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

@daniel-cho

I have Optimus prime, Bumblebee, Soundwave, Bludgeon, Heatwave, Lockdown, Ultra Magnus, Galvatron, Soundblaster, Sentinel Prime, Thundercracker, Jazz, Brawl and Arcee. I went from rank 54-63 in less than 40 minutes due to instant upgrades

Daniel Cho
    @daniel-cho

@geli okay it does help! But what is brawl’s ability?

@quickgaming
    cool! I can unlock thundercracker, soundblaster, and jazz and brawl but I chose not too because I want to focus on my current characters. All of my owned characters are level 7 except for optimus, who is level 8. All of my dudes are promoted to 5% and optimus at 15% as well as bludgeon and soundwave. My ricochet is still level 1 though.

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

@daniel-cho

What is your rank?

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

@daniel-cho

Get Brawl and how many sparks do you have.

@coolbug

What rank are you?

coolbug
    @coolbug

@quickgaming 151 // double agent

Daniel Cho
    @daniel-cho

@quickgaming what is brawl’s ability compared to bludgeon? I have 2k sparks roughly. Spark runs are too hard, I get 400 at least 2 times a week from completing all missions.

Rank is 61

Geli
    @geli

@daniel-cho Brawl and Bludgeon are fairly similar. Bludgeon fires 3 “projectiles” in a horizontal spread and in rapid succession; it is fairly quick on reload. Good for flying things and piles of blocks if you hit the right blocks

Brawl fires 2 shots in quick succession but takes a while to reload. Works ok vs piles of blocks, somewhat effective vs helopigs and balloon pigs if you hit the balloon. Aim for TNT to blow stuff up and gold blocks to get coins.

Neither are outstanding but I don’t groan in despair when they appear in regular nodes. I don’t use either in competition or in spark runs. Mine are fairly well accessorized but not promoted.

HTH.

Geli
    @geli

@daniel-cho about Galvatron and its variants: they have powerful but pinpoint weapons that work well vs missles and pigs in general. poor vs blocks as the weapon takes out only the block you hit. Target TNT blocks to cause more damage and gold blocks for higher scores. Repeated hits when upgraded (Level 10-12) will take out WMTs. Better when equipped with Accessories that increases fire rate, improves (faster) weapon cool down and lastly improves damage.

IMO, they are a middle of the pack TF. Powerful weapon but They overheat quickly and are slow to reload. A possible choice for Missile Day in competitions, but beware of the cool down delay. Not good for spark runs.

You have listed Ultra Magnus as unlocked. It looks very cool but it is weak. IMO, it is one of the worst TFs, ranking with the 2 Bumbleebee characters. It looks very cool but is weak. A true case of “style before substance.” Suggest you concentrate on upgrades/accessories on other TFs. Did I mention that it looks very cool but is weak? I hope I did.

Geli
    @geli

@daniel-cho
    You asked about the Mustache pig characters- there is Energon Lockdow. A variant of Lockdown it is a good TF with proper accessories and upgrade. Regenerates health when it hits Energonicon structures, but also loses health a bit faster than plain Lockdown. Ranks just below Lockdown, imo. One to look forward to getting.

I mentioned Barricade above.

Have not talked about Dead End (DE). It is the one you should, no, make that MUST upgrade, accessorize, promote and overpower once you get it. It is a beast. Takes out WMTS in one shot. Takes out Unicron and Boss Pig. Takes out everything, even after it was nerfed a bit. A favorite for competition and spark runs. It will take some time before you get it.

Dead End and 2 of the Grimlocks – Greyslam and Energon – are the most popular and powerful TFs in the game. Behind them are GoldBite Grimlock, Ratchet, Dark Megatron. When you get them, you will understand why.

Others here will disagree on my rankings, so remember, this ranking is IMO.

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

@daniel-cho

Ultimate Megaton is better than Dark Megaton and Goldbite grimlock is better than GSG (I play on my tab too and the screenshot above is on my phone).

Daniel Cho
    @daniel-cho

@geli Okay yeah I actually think galvatrons are trash. My ricochet at level 1 takes out armored pigs in like one shot and has 6 bullets before reload while my level 7 galvatron two shots armored pigs and has only one more shot before waiting 5 seconds to cool down. Also is UM really weak? It’s same level as my lockdown and it has more health.

Daniel Cho
    @daniel-cho

@quickgaming What is difference between the megatrons and the grimlocks? (Variants)

Quickgamer
    @quickgaming

@daniel-cho

GSG fires the weakest electric blast.

EGL fires strongest electric blast but reloads a lot.

Goldbite grimlock fires electric blasts that push things backwards .

Ultimate Megaton shoots black holes that are a bit weak but his Flail accessory is pure dangerous as an acid rounds.

Dark Megaton shoots one black hole and has a weaker acid rounds.

EGL heals from Energon cubes.

Goldbite grimlock doubles coins.

UM doubles coins .

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Help the newbie (me)

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.