Help needed . ABT crashed on my android device

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Help needed . ABT crashed on my android device

• Hi ,
    I’ve been playing ABT for a while now on my Asus memo pad HD 7 and have reached level 176. About a week ago the game crashed on my device and ever since I have been unable to load it .

I’ve restarted my tab , cleared cache etc etc but no use . every time I click on the app it shows the the loading screen , the bar loads up til 95% and then the screen goes black and I am back on my home screen . What to do? I don’t wanna lose my progress . Please help .

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Replies
  • Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

Does it run android 5.0 (Lollipop)?
    In that case there is a major bug in a recent update to a Android System App called “Android System WebView” that makes many apps crash. The solution to that is to uninstall the update for that app and the game should work again.
    Just do not update Android System WebView again until the bug has been resolved.

If it does not run android 5.0 there must be something else wrong.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@teentweety If your device is running Android 5.0, then you might want to redirect your comments to this topic.

Teentweety
    @teentweety

Nope , my android isnt lollipop .Its 4.2.2 , (KitKat I think or maybe jellybean)

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@teentweety Not Lollipop? Then you should report this problem to Rovio, since it seems that this is a whole new issue, regarding the OS version of your device.

Teentweety
    @teentweety

I did that last week . I still haven’t gotten any response from them . That’s why I posted my problem here

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@teentweety Well, I don’t know what is the cause of the problem, or how to fix it, I mean, other than trying to clear cache files and reboot the device. I think there was a similar problem back in November, during the first weeks of the game, when the Facebook connection caused the game not to open after playing for a while, and eventually it caused a complete progress reset. The game was v1.1.25, I think, at that time.

sal9
    @sal9

@teentweety You should contact Rovio directly with device specific issues: https://support.rovio.com/hc/en-us

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

It may be “cloud” issue, as the same thing seems to be happening with a recent update to AB Seasons. With AB Seasons, if you switch to “airplane mode” (not sure if it’s called the same on an Android device), and see if it will play when you’re not connected by wifi. You could try that as a test?

Teentweety
    @teentweety

I tried switching to airplane mode and playing the game . still doesn’t work.

Teentweety
    @teentweety

I finally got a reply from rovio :

“Hello Teentweety,

our sincerest apologies for delayed reply! If your game is constantly crashing, please try clearing the cache of your game by going to your device’s Settings > Manage Applications >Angry Birds Transformers, and tap “Clear cache”. Afterwards, reboot your device and try running your game again. It is possible that your device is overheating from the game which is why we recommend taking breaks periodically after every 10 minutes of playing to prevent the device from overheating.

You could try to enhance the games functionality by:

a) having as much free space on your device’s memory as possible, at least 2 GB
    b) not multitasking (close all background applications when starting the game)
    c) having a WiFi connection when updating or launching the application
    d) restarting the device every now and then to release some memory

I hope these help!

Best regards,

Salla
    Rovio Support Team”

I’ve already tried all the things they suggested and retried again after getting their reply but to no use. I’ve sent them another email. Waiting for their response…..

20Qmindreader
    @20qmindreader

Take breaks from playing every ten minutes because our game overheats your device! That tickles my funnybone. Dear Rovio, please take into account that we’re, like, totally addicted to your game…take a break?😀

Dbirdy
    @dawnlucas

@teentweety I had the game crash during Up date. Google play would not let me install up date. Error message stated that I didn’t have enough storage on sd or usb. I had enough storage any way google told me to uninstall google play and reinstall. It worked,I was then allowed to download.
    At first it looked like I had to start the game all over. (Sad face) so I fired up the game and played about 4 nodes when I saw Jenga mode and my rank went back to 186. I don’t know if this would work for you but I would contact google they helped me. “Good luck”

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Help needed . ABT crashed on my android device

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.