Heatwave Challenge

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Heatwave Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 189 total)
  • Replies
  • Pampeans
    @pampeans

@optimuspig, @poptimus is right, it has to do with the distance. Airachnid is most effective in the forest, desert and beach nodes when the WMTs are very close. She’s not as effective in the river nodes where they’re farther away, however I do have some luck in Pig City even though there’s a big distance. I should have clarified.

My Windblade is fully upgraded and fully accessorized, still sucks…

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

OK, I’ll give that a try. Thanks for the tips.

It’s too bad that we don’t know what node we’re getting before we get it ….

sheepybach
    @paul13

As somebody else has said in Comp runs I’ve found not matter what level the bot is or what Extras they have it is still crazy that you have to hit WMT a hell of a lot more than on a normal run. To me that is just plain silly they keep setting the kill limit so high add to that the lack of content needed to collect tokens plus the hike in the number of content you need for the daily 550 tokens then this comp has to be 1 of the worst to date imho. Some of these issues have been present on the other comps so why they’ve not been sorted is beyond me.

Anybody else think that by now the new seeker would have put in an appearance???

Geli
    @geli

@poptimus. @20qmindreader.
    Purchased the HIQ for my L12 OP and what a difference. High value target pigs in the just-completed round were killed in 1-2 hits. My OP fires continuously until the target is destroyed. Not quite as effective against WMT and missiles are a close-in kill. Maybe it is nerfed in the challenge? Was able to get full 150% bonus using OP and HW and scorched a ton of points. Appreciate the heads up.

SnTrooper
    @sntrooper

Due to the excessive increase in points needed to get the daily tokens I will not be able to get the 9000 tokens needed for the chest. While it is mathematically possible it would probably cost me more than the 1600 gems that I’m going to lose out on by not getting it.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@optimuspig About the conundrum, yea it’s tough to choose between a pair from the same squad or EG and one from the squad, especially on a day like today where the target is blocks and the squad is Instruments of Destruction. The pair will be better on low WMT levels like Pig City, but EG will be better on higher ones like Desert. Now if there was only a pattern to the nodes.

@poptimus Great tip on HIQ. It’s really going to benefit today with blocks. I didn’t notice any difference from last night without HIQ and today with HIQ, but I did pretty good killing all of the pigs. Mainly by breaking a block and letting them fall to their death. Today, HIQ will just obliterate the tower of blocks.

@pampeans
    Last time I had Valkyries, Airachnid wouldn’t take out any WMTs, even after several shots. On a regular node, it’s one or two. Do you have any offensive accessories?

Geli
    @geli

Question on “health”. Does a TF lose offensive power or rate Of fire when health/hearts/armor is low?

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I haven’t noticed any change in power or fire rate with low health.

Geli
    @geli

Thanks. Probably my perception and not reality.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

I feel like my Level 15 Variant Optimus Prime with explosive rounds is a little less effective than my Level 11 Optimus Prime with explosive rounds. Go figure. Fortunately, it doesn’t matter much, as the former is paired with Goldbite Grimlock. :)

It occurs to me that if the next contest is about a new Seeker, then the 150% bonus squad might well be the Seekers. Unfortunately, the one I took to Level 15 — Thundercracker — is NOT the one who can buy explosive rounds. And she’s pretty ineffective. So I’m leveling Energon Starscream as fast as I can …

Beauregard
    @beauregard

I am so done with this, these comps have really gotten nuts. It’s not that I don’t have the gems to spend, it’s the time you need to put into it. Not everyone has a whole week to sit and play games, and that is what rovio expects people to do. it takes me over 40 minutes to do four runs, that’s how crazy it is. It’s crazy, the time it takes for me to sign out after each run cause the ads screw up my game and I have to shut my phone completely off to get back into the game if I don’t. And now with these stupid cartoon ads popping up and not letting me sign out of the game. The hassle is not worth it. And then to set the limits to max out way to high. I feel rovio finally has lost their minds and probably a few good players too.

sheepybach
    @paul13

This is the 1st Comp that I’ve not got a 1st place yet and there is no way I’m going to get 1 in the time left due in part to the top score in my group which is very very high all the time. Most are on 3,000-5,000 No.1 is 12,000+

Andrew
    @andrewinireland

This comp seems to be a way of reducing gems by those who are hoarding. The Crate of Gems is nearly impossible to get- You have to come 1st and score the full 550 points everyday, for 8 days. Given that getting the 550 points requires using gems as it appears to be impossible to get just but regular play over 12-16 hours. At a guess it looks like you have to spend around 500 gems a day on recharges- Over 8 days this equals 4000 gems giving you a net gain of 1200 gems in total. And that’s assuming that you hold first place. Miss this and you only get 2500 gems- a net loss of 1500 gems. I was aiming for the Box of Gems and it order to get it I was spending 200 gems a day (which didn’t even give me the 550 daily points for 16 hours play). So by the end of the week, I would have to spend 1600 gems to gain 900 gems, a net loss of 700 gems. I’ve stopped paying for recharges now.

My other guess is come Saturday all the people who are in line to get the Crate of Gems prize will suddenly find themselves competing all in the same group… There can be only one…

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@franciscrawford Good point that the Seekers may be the 150% squad in the next comp. I’ve been hoarding gems and not spending on accessories waiting to see what the prizes are in the comps. It may be time to start spending to strategically upgrade to play the comps, specifically explosive rounds on whoever can fire them. I’ll probably add Shoulder Pads to Energon Starscream if Seekers show again this comp.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@Millforce2K,

Until we started having this discussion about explosive rounds this week, I’d never paid gems for an accessory other than +damage headphones. which only cost 25 gems per TF.

Explosive rounds for a couple of Optimus Prime types happened to be cheaper than for Energon Starscream. So I bought those.

But if she’s important to the next competition, I may step up and buy for her as well.

But I only started playing in November. Under half my TFs are leveled to 15. At this moment I have 4100 gems. So I’m probably in a bit of a different position from yours.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

It looks like the 40 token award today was at 10,000 points or lower, while the 50 gem award is an even 15,000. Huh??

Beauregard
    @beauregard

I should easily have enough to get the chest of gems by tomorrow without having to spend all day today and tomorrow working on it. And I will still have more gems than I started with. But trying to max out is crazy, I’be been lucky so far as to come in first in my group, but the last 3 days were impossible to hit the max and I like many others isn’t about to waste my whole day trying to.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@franciscrawford I’ve been playing for a year and a half so I’m all leveled up with 9K gems, but like you, I’ve only spent gems one the cheap accessories to get the achievement.

@beauregard
    Nice. I need to average 977 today through Saturday to get the chest.

Today’s token levels are really ridiculous. I missed the 10 token level, but 20 is 3K, 30 is 6K, 40 is 10K, 50 is 15K. If the difference from level to level keeps increasing by 1K, the 100 token level will be 45K.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

@Millforce2K,

Yikes! That seems like they do have a regular progression in mind. Madness!

Meanwhile, I have a much tougher-seeming group of competitors than usual, so I’m not sure how high I’ll finish today …

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I just hit 15K and it looks like the progression has leveled off. Next level (60) is 20K.

There’s one guy that he and I keep leap frogging. Might have to see if he’s willing to spend gems on a recharge and it may come down to timing.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

It turns out that the progression levels to 15K/20K/25K/30K. I fell just short of 30K spending 10+20+40 gems.

I was in the lead before spending 40 gems, but I wanted to inhibit anybody else from investing in another set of runs. Besides, I was still enjoying myself. :) so I spent first.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Ha. The previous leader leapfrogged my previous score. Spending the gems was indeed necessary to win. It also pushed me over the 70 token mark. 40 gems for 570 tokens seems like a pretty good trade.

Francis Crawford
    @franciscrawford

Well that puts me at 7490 tokens. Not bad when the major target is 9500 (9000 for the realistic gem package, plus 500 for the axe).

Too bad that they’re making it impossible to get to 550 on some days …

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Score! I just got 988 in the desert (before the 150% bonus) to win today. I’m sure that node yields over 1000, but I got stuck with Heatwave still in the game taking on the last set of WMTs. Oh, what I could have scored with one of the Grimlocks…

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

I spent the 10 gems for a recharge, my first, partly to secure first, but mostly because I sat at 19500 after my final run. I ended up with 23.7K and still had a bar left. I should have done the recharge 10 minutes earlier. Those three runs took 20 minutes and I did a lot of driving toward the end of the last run. Second place was 17K and third was 11.8K.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Heatwave Challenge

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 189 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.