Hatchling diet question

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Hatchling diet question

• I’ve been on hatchling level 3 for quite a while and have accumulated a lot of apples, 500+. I can’t find anywhere what the level 4 feeding requirement is and don’t want to upgrade just to find out.

I can’t for the life of me figure out how this is an advantage. The challenges & MEBC don’t seem any easier and every arena competitor I face has the same hatchling level so no advantage there either. So I was thinking of upgrading just to clear out my stash and see what happens.

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • Dezsike
    @dezsike

Level 4 requires 50 apples. You can’t sustain that and eventually you need to spend money for apples. Level 5 is 100.

Buster
    @doulgas

Thanks. I would never spend money for apples. I figure I could go 2-3 months at level 4 with my current stash, taking advantage of whatever extra powers that would result, then just let the little bugger go away.

Gary
    @gary69

Hi,

The hatchling eventually becomes a “parasite” that starts eating your RL $$$.

Apples per level:
    Level 1 – 5 apples/day. Level 2 – 10 apples/day. Level 3 is 25 apples/day (this is the max for most players). Level 4 – 50 apples/day. Level 5 – 100 apples/day (only Russian clans make it to this level).

Some have a misunderstanding of how the hatchlings work. Each level will increase your FP by 7- just like a hat set. A higher level hatchling does NOT make it easier to finish levels. It DOES increase your FP which aashould increase the score you get. M.

A level 800 player does not finish levels ‘easier’ than a player with a 400 FP. The 800 FP player will have a significantly higher score then the 400 FP for doing the same amount of ‘damage’ to the structures & piggies plus playing thru the same number of levels.

I hope this helps,

Gary, leader of Down To Flock! clan #183032

Buster
    @doulgas

Yep, it does, thank you. Comparing the hatchling level to a hat set is especially helpful.

Maybe when I get the surplus of apples up to 2000 or so I’ll level all the way up and live in the Russian clan world for a while!

Dezsike
    @dezsike

Each level onwards require 50 more apples. Level 6 is 150, level 7 is 200, level 8 is 250, level 9 is 300, level 10 is 350 and this is the maximum level. But you need to spend $100 per week to reach this far.

Saphira
    @kgeisler

I kept my level 4 hatchling for about 7 weeks with a starting stash of 230 apples, so you could keep one for months if you have 500.

Buster
    @doulgas

@Saphira, was it worthwhile? Was the extra power noticeable?

Also, what happens when the hatchling leaves? Can you get another one at a lower level?

Gary
    @gary69

Buster Douglas, I bet you Mike Tyson nightmares to this day. LOL.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I know the question was not for me but I will help you out in that leveling up your hatchling is 7 FPS increase for each level</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>”Was the power noticeable”. 7 FP will not increase your scores enough to notice. Personally, I would much rather have a legendary hat for 1 bird (10 FP) than a level 2 hatchling (14 FP).</p>
    Here is an example: Lets say you start with a FP of 400 and do not have a hatchling at all.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>HATCHLING LEVEL           FP                                                                                        no hatchling                        400 FP</p>
    Level 1                             407 FP

Level 2                             414 FP

Level 3                             421 FP

Level 4                             428 FP

All the way to level 10

Level 10                           470 FP

*** Your other question: If your hatchling leaves, you have to start over with hatching a new one. You Start with the 24 hours wait for one to hatch. You don’t have to have one or can leave it at any level you choose.

Good luck,

Gary, leader Down To Flock! clan #183032

<p style=”text-align: left;”></p>

Saphira
    @kgeisler

I think my FP was in the 500s when I leveled up my hatchling to a 4. Obviously increasing FP by 7 doesn’t make a noticeable difference since it’s between 1 and 2 percent. I’m at FP 632/693 (without or with Stella) now so I’m just keeping my hatchling at level 3. The advantage is that I can feed it about 5 or 6 times a week, almost every day, and get 1500 feathers every time. I’ve been picking Stella feathers.

Gary
    @gary69

Saphira,

Level 4 should be 28 FP + your original 500’s (not specific) + Stella. If Stella is ~70 FP, then you have right at a 100 FP boost with the hatchling & Stella together.

Remember, the promotional +13 hats will be +3 only- very soon! Of course, buying the ones you are missing to complete your set will add 7 FP back.

Gary

Buster
    @doulgas

Ah, okay. Good feedback. I had been trying to conserve apples by feeding every other day, which resulted in this surplus, which is now about 550. I like the idea of feeding more frequently to get extra feathers. That seems more productive than leveling up to 4.

@nas76

I’m in the same boat as you, during the last CvC I promoted my hatchling to 4, I have about 650 apples.  By feeding it 50 apples every 48 hours I think I’m losing about 10-15 apples between feeds so it isn’t sustainable in the long term.  I think that I will keep feeding it until it’s ready to go to level 5, play that for 48 hours and then let it die.

Hopefully by then I still have a handy pile of apples left.

Level 3 is the last sustainable level to keep accumulating apples.

Saphira
    @kgeisler

@gary69

I guess I should have explained more thoroughly. I was really just talking about the 7FP increase from a level 3 to a level 4 hatchling. Since that’s only a 1-2% increase for a lot of mid-level players, it’s not going to result in a very noticeable increase in one’s score. I would rather just keep a level 3 hatchling for the extra 21FP than have a level 4 hatchling for 28 more FP, especially with the rainbow feather award. Even if I could sustain a level 4 hatchling, I would definitely only be able to feed it every other day, giving me an average of 1000 feathers a day. I prefer to feed it 1500 feathers about 5 times a week, which gives a slightly higher average. It’s a moot point anyway since I can’t get 50 apples every other day.

Saphira
    @kgeisler

@gary69

Also, I had my hatchling at level 4 during the summer. That’s why I don’t remember what the exact FP was. I’m currently at 632 without Stella, so my base FP with no hatchling would be a 611. I don’t really know why you thought that you needed to explain all of that to me. Have a nice day!

Gary
    @gary69

Saphira,

I agree with you 100%. I keep mine at level 3 also as an additional 7 FP is not worth 25 more apples.

Good luck

Gary

Gary
    @gary69

Saphira,

I am sorry. I did not mean to insult you by my post. I did explain it way beyond what was necessary.

I get questions from clanmates & others almost daily about the best level for hatchlings or what affect they have on your score. Maybe the post will help answer questions someone else may have.

Good luck

Gary

Saphira
    @kgeisler

@gary69

Oh, okay. I understand! I also hope your post is informative for others.

Angry Turd
    @puffs

Courtesy of Viking Birds (levels 9 and 10 will be included shortly). Hope this helps :)

Viking Birds #76330 = 1000 FP (or higher)
    Viking Birds II #190105 = 850 FP (or higher)
    Viking Birds³ #212732 = 700 FP (or higher)

____   ___.__ __   .__                __________.__           .___      
    \   \ /   |__|  | _|__| ____   ____   \______   |_________  __| _/______
     \   Y   /|  |  |/ |  |/    \ / ___\   |    |  _|  \_  __ \/ __ |/  ___/
      \     / |  |    <| | | / /_/ >  |    |   |  ||  | \/ /_/ |\___ \ 
       \___/  |__|__|_ |__|___|  \___  /   |______  |__||__|  \____ /____  >
                      \/       \/_____/           \/               \/    \/ 

Official Clan Rules: rules.vikingbirds.com
    Discord Group Chat: join.vikingbirds.com

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Hatchling diet question

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.