Hat already owned

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Hat already owned

• Spend the time, effort and gems to actually get to the top of the tower only to get a hat already owned. I can’t imagine how much people pay for this stuff, only to get the shaft in the end. 500 pearls for that? Really?

“I have an iPhone, don’t know how it would with a different device. I use iTunes to back up my device to my local computer. I can spend gems on anything I want and then play a round in the arena. I restore my phone a get all my gems back while keeping everything I spent gems on. It works with tickets, chests, feathers and anything earned from playing on in the arena.

It works the same with pearls. I can use pearls to buy hats, play a round, restore, keep the hats, get pearls back and buy more hats.

It works with the winning streak and that is how I can bank feathers. Climb my way to 6 wins, do a backup, win the 7th round to get feathers. Then restore, keep feathers and back to having 6 wins in the streak. 750 feathers over and over.

It is a little tedious. Takes about ten minutes for the whole process from being at the arena screen to getting back to the arena screen. But hey, 750 feathers every ten minutes, or all those chests … I burn out after about an hour.
    I can’t win the arena only because I won’t live in AB2 all day, every day. But I could if I wanted to spend that much time playing.

Edit: It also works with new levels. I can blast through the levels using all the gems I want, play a round in the arena, restore and get all the gems back while keeping progress. One thing that doesn’t work is spending gems on the DC and KPC. It can be a way to win, but restoring makes the pearls won go away. That becomes a choice between gems and pearls.”

Good luck, players.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Replies
  • Putte
    @puttekula

I stumbled into one problem with this. I had 25k+ pearls and made a backup.
    Bought a hat and played one arena. Plugged the ipad in and it made another backup automaticly….. When trying to restore only the latest backup appeared.
    Easy come, easy goes…hehehe… Is there a way to find the other backup previously made?

Yue
    @yue-zhang

@puttekula
    jail-break+itool

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

When restoring the backup you should be able to chose which backup (time stamp) you want to restore. If that is not the case, it could be the backup file is gone.
    You can look under the settings of iTunes for the backups, there are all the backup files listet with their time stamp – if there are no earlier backup files listet, your pearls are gone…

Putte
    @puttekula

There are backups listed. But only older ones…. It has worked before… But that was with my old Ipad. And my new Ipad pro was restored with data from the older one.

Putte
    @puttekula

@yue-zhang

Hmmm, dont want to risk my new Ipad…

jo-ha
    @jo-ha

A Jailbreak is definitely not necessary. I tried this exploit and it works without a jailbreak or any other “Workarounds”, it just works with the backup.

gjs96743
    @gjs96743

@puttekula

If you’re on a PC, type %appdata% in the windows explorer address bar. Drill down on the folders apple computer –> mobilesync–> backup. There’ll be some folders, each one of which is a backup. The folder created date/time stamp will be the time you made the backup. Delete (or move to another folder) all the backups you don’t want, leaving just the one you want to use. Next time you fire up ITunes, it’ll point to the only backup you have left.

Putte
    @puttekula

Ooops, there was 35gb of backups from 2013 and on. but as I plug the ipad in it directly starts to make an backup. Can that be shut off?

CaptSternn
    @captsternn

I found this, Putte.

https://www.technipages.com/disable-itunes-backup-process

I apologize for throwing this out here in this way. I was more than a bit peeved at Rovio and their cash grabbing ways yesterday. It doesn’t affect me and I don’t care that much about getting more hats.

I am from a time where we bought the game at the store and had the means to play for free on-line. Well, free to use the services, did need an internet connection.

I once read about a guy that was tens of thousands of dollars in debt over a game that was free to download and had in-game purchases. Some kind of war game where alliances could be formed and allies expected strong allies. That meant spending money to keep up or be weak, get wiped out constantly, never advance and have no alliances.

I didn’t understand at the time how somebody could fall for that, and now I have spent a little over $200 on this game. Imagine people that think getting more stuff actually helps them and then investing money into it, and then getting virtually nothing after all that. Well, nothing other than a hard slap in the face from Rovio while Rovio laughs about it.

Home Forums Angry Birds 2 Forum Hat already owned

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.