Has Rovio posted ABFT rank up rules and regs?

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Has Rovio posted ABFT rank up rules and regs?

• Has Rovio posted any definitive Rules and Regulations governing or outlinng the basic requirements for being promoted, demoted, advanced and /or placed in the various 40 player groupings commonly percieved as the League that one plays in for a week of Tournament play? Has Rovio posted any description of percieved cheating within the weekly tournament and process for reporting alleged cheaters with remedies to handle alleged cheaters? Do ABN admins have access to maximum attainable scores per level using only power-ups and techniques approved by Rovio for tournament play?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Replies
  • sal9
    @sal9

@stosh

1- To be promoted to the upper league, you must achieve a score that will place you in the upper ranks of your league. A green arrow is shown next to the names that will move up. The same applies for demotions, a red arrow is displayed next to the bottom names.

2- The number of people that move up or down depends on the number of players in the league. We do not have access to the formula behind that process.

3- Rovio seems to monitor cheaters, and kick them out of leagues occasionally. No official word on that.

4- We have ways to determine maximum scores for each level, and only legitimate scores are approved. That is two power-ups + any slingshot per level.

stosh
    @stosh

@sal9 Thank you for your prompt response.

hooksfan
    @hooksfan

Rovio is weeding out some cheaters…I was in 7th place last night. I’m now third in my league.

dmsral
    @dmsral

I’ve only seen a few weeks where I thought there were potential cheaters in my leagues, but things have looked pretty legit the past few weeks. I’m currently #1 in my Gold League (promotion to Diamond pending!) with 27K lead over second place so I’m sure some in that league might think I’m cheating. To put that in perspective though, I’m only 41st out of 165 on the ABN leaderboard for the week.

Dixi 60
    @dixi-60

You’ll find it different in Diamond League – Every week I lose points so will soon be back in Gold. I guess I could finally get back to stone!

I’m not convinced that Rovio are pulling out all the stops on cheats and hacks.

PurpleMoon
    @purplemoon

Well, for sometime i suspected some were cheating. Now i am totally positive. (I am a 1star player, I worked VERY hard with time and money to get there) Here is why i know 2 players cheated…

I spent all week, hours and hours and hours each day, slowly improving. Was in 1st place in all 6 panels Wednesday. By Saturday, my scores were beat by small amounts on 4 panels by different other players. But still 1st place overall by 19K. Ok, reasonable. Playing at 1:30 AM , Sunday morning (today)… was in 1st place overall yet. Found panel 5 by perfect shot (lots of luck with christmas tree sling) and then using Wing&Power&Kingsling, beat my score by 13K. (was in 1st place there but now 1st by additional 13K) Awesome. Went back to main (15 minutes ago i was still in 1st place overall by 19K, expected to see 19K+new 13K added) and was in 3rd place!!!
    What? 1st to 3rd in 15 minutes? Checked all panels, the 2 now in 1st/2nd place overall, had beat me in 5 of the panels!!! No possible way to beat in my score in 5 panels in 15 minutes when i had done “perfect” shots in at least 4hrs a day for 5 days. And their total score of more then 21K!!! You can NOT beat 5 high scores at 1:30 AM on a Sunday morning, in 15 minutes that took me 20hrs all week to do that!!! NO DANG WAY. Cheating is the only way.
    Another funny thing… the only panel they hadn’t beat me at, was the one i had just increased score by 13K on, they were now just a couple K below my score. Like, they had planned on being high score there on that panel too, but i had increased 13K and caught them by surprise.
    They (company) better stop them. Suspected cheaters, now has proven themselves. Last week I ever play.

also to add… the 2 players scores shot up from beyond 10th place to 1st/2nd overall, suddenly in the 15 minutes i was in panel 5, and for the next 10 hours that i have been currently watching, their score has not changed at all. instant score increase in 6 panels from beyond 10th place to 1st/2nd place in each panel, at 1:30 AM Sunday morning, in 15 minutes and then their total score not change again. Two players at the same time, pretty unlikely too!

So just how can you take a screenshot and report them to Rovio anyway? I’ll keep looking on how to report cheating to them.
    (thanks for letting me vent..lol)

PurpleMoon

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello,
    Currently the game works so that if a person is flagged as “possible cheater” (they get too high score on one level) they are hidden from other users but they will still see everyone. When another user is flagged, they will see both regular and flagged players. So the 2 users that received too high score on a level were flagged before you, which made them invisible for you until your score went over the limit. That is why these users seemed to “appear from nowhere”, as they had already been there for some time.
    Kind regards,
    xxxxx (i, PurpleMoon xxx’ed out name they put here)
    Rovio Support Team

The above UPDATE was the reply from Rovio Support Team about my “appeared outa nowhere” concern. Their reply makes total sense and fits perfectly what i saw happen. BTW… I also got another letter stating that we all 3 were allowed to have the high scores as they miscalculated what a certain panel high score could be, and we didnt actually exceed the high score.

PurpleMoon

burbman
    @burbman

I recall somewhere seeing a repost from a Rovio source of approximate points awarded at various benchmark ranks within each league. I am trying to slowly but surely inch my way up toward diamond league to get that sling, but this does not look like my week. How high do I need to place in gold league in order to at least break even on points for the week?

Edit: Found it!
    https://support.rovio.com/hc/en-us/articles/204242956-What-are-the-Leagues-and-how-do-they-work-

Now to fill in the blanks!

Home Forums Angry Birds Friends Forum Has Rovio posted ABFT rank up rules and regs?

Viewing 7 replies - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.