Has anyone recovered from complete loss of progress?

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Has anyone recovered from complete loss of progress?

• Suffered the “crash upon launch” for a week, then lost all progress, achievements and purchases. Uninstalled, reinstalled, no recovery. Contacted support, no response. Great game, but this is ridiculous. Everything I’ve read suggests it’s all about Android 5. Really? It’s not like they didn’t know it was coming….and it’s been months since it was released. `

Has anyone one else had this experience and actually recover?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Replies
  • sal9
    @sal9

@blockcheese Were you connected to Facebook while playing? That is how your progress is saved on Android.
    If you weren’t, I’m afraid you lost your progress when you deleted the app.

Be patient, Rovio will respond eventually.

drewish
    @andrewmarlor

Sal is correct you have to be logged in for it to be saved in the “cloud”. If not you won’t like the answer Ravio support gives you. Sorry.

blockcheese
    @blockcheese

Thanks for the responses. Was connected to Google Play (achievements still listed) and FB. From research on www, it’s more common than not, to lose everything. LOTS of complaints on exact same issue, no one has recovered. I was only level 85 (9K pigs, 100K coins, 47 gems), and as pissed as I am (they KNOW about the issue, yet still accepted in-app purchases), can only imagine how the folks that were at levels 100+ feel. Oh well, live and learn.

Rick
    @rick-roller

All you need to do is play the tutorial mode all the way through (it will take an hour but you can speed it up by using the 20 diamonds you get for starting, they won’t be taken from yours when you do get logged in) you play until you unlock soundwave. Once he is unlocked the game will allow you to play with teammates which allows you to sign in. I had the same problem and that’s what worked. It restored everything.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@rick-roller It’s enough to unlock Bumblebee, because after that the leaderboard appears and you can connect to Facebook from it.

blockcheese
    @blockcheese

Thanks, Roller, Red. I will try that, as soon as the game stops crashing and restarting the tutorial mode! LOL
    I soooo wanna LOVE this game…and I DO realize it is just a game, nobody’s gonna lose a limb…just aggravating, especially with as long as it’s been going on.

Again, thanks for taking the time to help. I will take your advice! Hope it helps others, too.

blockcheese
    @blockcheese

It worked! …at least I recovered to the point I last connected to FB, (lost 12 levels, 50K coins). I had disconnected attempting to avoid the constant crashing. Better than starting from scratch!

Have noticed that NOT using double coin option (let video play, won’t lie and say “watch” video) eliminates crash problem. Perhaps Rovio should remove that option, until they’re sure it’s fixed.

Thanks so much, guys!!

blockcheese
    @blockcheese

After recovering and working back up to level 80, it crashed and started the game at level zero AGAIN. Oy.

Rick
    @rick-roller

Glad it worked. I was freaking out when it happened to me. lol. I didn’t see your other message…so it crashed and reset it again?

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@blockcheese If you recovered/will recover your progress, you should create a manual backup for the game using this method (for AB Transformers, this procedure is extremely mandatory).

blockcheese
    @blockcheese

Logging in to FB (and leaving it that way) seems to do the trick with recovery. Crashed again (game started at zero), but FB login kicked in as soon as I finished the first Optimus tutorial…everything restored, 3 minutes. I took the time to update all apps and test today, no improvement in game performance (just trying to contribute SOMETHING)

Thanks for the link to manual backup, will employ if game not fixed soon.

Again, thanks so much to all for taking the time to respond and share your experiences. :)

blockcheese
    @blockcheese

Follow up: After moving game to SD card and updating “Play Store” and “Google Chrome” (which I do not use) last night, game play SIGNIFICANTLY improved. Has not crashed, only lagged a couple times.

So….although they still owe me 10 gems, it may not be a Rovio problem. Please pass the salt, my crow is a little bland. :)

Rick
    @rick-roller

I had to go through it again recently and the version I’m playing on droid still makes you play all the way to Soundwave. It does seem to be a little shorter though. I really wish they’d just put a FB login in the settings.

BP
    @bpmann

I lost progress as well a while back. Fortunately after about a week, Joonas was able to restore almost all of my progress.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Has anyone recovered from complete loss of progress?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.