Happy New Year event now live

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Happy New Year event now live

Viewing 8 replies - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • Replies
  • Phillips
    @phillips

While I like the new token structure I feel it is only for this event. Being a 2 day event they have to try and maximise the tokens for everyone. The new token structure I feel is more rewarding to people playing the game. Under the old structure I could reach the 100 token level but due to having to go to work I was unable to play in the final couple of hours so would get knocked down and finish about 5th giving me a total of 850 tokens. Under the current structure if I max out for the day but get knocked down to 5th in the final few hours I still end the day with 1180 tokens. Much better return for the time I put in.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@phillips That’s a good point. I looked at today’s board and 18 of the 20 reached the max token level. The last two stopped at 9k.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@phillips @mukesh007 I know that but honestly when they advertised “WIN MORE TOKEN OMG” I would have at least expected them to increase all the challenge rewards properly instead of increasing it for the first half and then suddenly reducing it at 60. Never thought increasing tokens in one place would mean decreasing them heavily in the other. I think this is just a temporary thing they are doing due to it being New Year (kinda like Angry Birds Epic). I do like the method but something feels off.

Gabee1611
    @gabe-nestor

I liked the scoring emphasis on daily goals instead of tournament position but I don’t think its going to last. They don’t care if we have fun or enjoy anything. All they care about is us buying gems and sparks.

If they keep the tournaments like they did for New Years, there is no incentive for us to use sparks or gems to only compete for 100 tokens.

acwb16
    @acwb16

I think an event like this helps newer players and players who are ‘in-between’ being competitive in leaderboards actually get something for their time. Mixing in some events like this COULD help Rovio keep people interested. As it stands, not many have a chance at getting the new bots from leaderboard events. Even after you factor in spending (and spending a dumb amount) the leaderboard limits the number of people who have a realistic chance at getting the bot. Or anything, really (except those oh-so-useful coins! /sarcasm)
    Oh, but we can make up the difference with gems! How many get close enough to make this a reasonable option? I don’t know about anyone else, but I’m not shelling out 400+ for a character or accessories. Not with how they’ve ‘tinkered’ with gem drops.
    Oh, but we can buy the character bundle! At $20 a pop? And what’s it translate to in other places – I think someone said the bundle in Euros or Pounds equaled about $35 bucks!!!

Events like this lets some of us (like me) stock up on sparks or accessories to make us more competitive in the leaderboards. It’s a long strategy, but it keeps us invested in this game. Who knows, we might get close enough to make it worth it to spend some gems and thus throw a few $$$ at a bundle or two. Just a thought, Rovio.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@acwb16

The only way this helps new players is if they are on a board and everybody are around the same level of their Bots otherwise its a massacre, I know as its happened to me and it was not nice lol

acwb16
    @acwb16

@paul13 I feel like I’ve been in that boat for the last several events lol! It stinks. At least with these we can score enough without relying on leaderboard position to get something.
    At some point it has to add up, doesn’t it? Usually right about the time Rovio futzes something else and screws our chances lol

sheepybach
    @paul13

@acwb16

You would think it would add up but sadly Rovio don’t think that way.
    I’m sure they sit around a table and think of ways they can screw things up for us so they can make more money. They find time to reduce bots firepower et all but have no time to fix longstanding issues.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Happy New Year event now live

Viewing 8 replies - 76 through 83 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.