Happy New Year event now live

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Happy New Year event now live

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 83 total)
  • Replies
  • datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@paul13 You mean points, not tokens.

Googs
    @ncaddy

I think this event is designed to let Rovio/Exient know what is more important to players. Sparks or Accessories….they are pretty much giving players enough tokens to make a choice between the 2…..I can’t see any point in getting any accessory whilst others are not working as they were before and can be changed at any point.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@datguygamer

Sorry my Bad yes points

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

Hmm, Wheeljack’s Panels (2000 tokens) or Dead End’s Clips (1300 tokens)? I’m gonna go for the Panels.

Asen_77
    @asen

Bad things here at this event is, that even if you finish first in both days of the event, you can’t get enough tokens for sparks and panels. You can get only one of them without additional tokken for gems.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

@mighty-red-1 Check the cost of the clips in the barracks. The panels are 2000 tokens, or 1000 gems at the event exchange rate, but they’re 1000 gems in barracks. If the clips are the same, I’d go for the sparks first.

Mighty Red
    @mighty-red-1

@millforce2k Yeah, the Clips cost 650 gems in the barracks. I care more about the accessories rather than sparks.

Asen_77
    @asen

I will go for the sparks. Probably this event will shows again in the future someday.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@mighty-red-1 So they are also offering Dead End’s accessories? Well makes sense..they revived the bundle and it offers one accessory with the other as a token exchange.

Essentially the cost of gems to directly buy the accessory from the barracks versus buying it via tokens (with gems if you don’t have any) are the same.

Geli
    @geli

Agree with @joel687 and @kingkosar. Don’t have to disengage with family/friends to try to win a silly game. IMO this is a good move on Rovio’s part.

BTW,
    1- it is a New Years event. New Years celebrations generally involve blowing stuff up.
    2- the target is TNT. Generally, TNT is used to BSU.
    3- there are a large number of TNT target. Large numbers of targets = large number of chances to BSU.
    4- Large number of things getting blown up is fun. New Years celebrations are supposed to be fun. I’m certainly not going to a celebration where one (1) fireworks rocket is set off.

Happy New year.

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

Maybe day 2 will be Energon Structures since we will need to recharge after a night of partying. :)

Of course, it could be pigs since pork is a traditional New Year’s day dinner for many.

Soundwave
    @soundwave

Hmmm, not sure if the token amounts for targets vs. leaderboard is a bug or an intended change, but I like it so far. I had pretty much retired from playing after the last competition, but decided to give it another go after seeing that. I really like being able to play on my own time without having to worry about the leader board all day long.

I’ll probably get the two accessories because I’ve been working towards a complete collection of characters and accessories. Otherwise, I would just get the sparks.

Geli
    @geli

@millforce2k <insert thumps up emoji here>

Along with stewed tomatoes, black-eyed peas and biscuits …

Sauerkraut und potatoes …

@soundwave
    +1

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@soundwave How many characters do you have?

Soundwave
    @soundwave

@datguygamer

I have all of them.

sheepybach
    @paul13

P1 on my board is not far off 200,000 points geeezzzz got to be spending gems like no tomorrow to get that amount. He using Deadend with on Gold things showing which is the top bonus of 105%.
    Unless its a mistake on my board as its showing 1st place will only get 100 tokens and not a 1000 like the other events.
    If you get wheeljacks addon of the panels 20% faster reload you will lose the shoulder canon.

Soundwave
    @soundwave

@paul13

Yeah, I got my teeth kicked in like that most days during the last competition.

Also, bummer about the panels and cannon. Those are both iconic Wheeljack and should be able to be worn together.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@soundwave Okay but you said you were “working towards” completion? Why are you working towards it if you already have them all? Did I misunderstand something here?

@paul13
    My game also shows only 100 tokens and many people here have reported that 100 tokens for #1 as well. Unless it’s a visual bug and the #1 spot will still get 1K tokens, I’d say the guy in your leaderboard is working too much for such a mediocre payout..

sheepybach
    @paul13

@datguygamer

If he is a real person then i’m sorry to say but he is crazy nuts et al using so many Gems for little reward

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

These events are getting more and more uncompetitive.

The leader in my cohort has broken the 100,000 points threshold.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig @paul13 The #1 guy in my board also has more than 100k points. I don’t think these are real people.

EDIT: I think maybe it’s possible if one or both characters in the bonus squad has 105% promotion and coupled with the 3X multiplier, it CAN produce such astronomical figures in theory. Who knows.

Deszaras
    @deszaras

I’m disappointed only one of Dead End’s accessories is for token exchange. They don’t have the medallion.

Soundwave
    @soundwave

@datguygamer

I guess I should have said my goal has been obtaining all the characters and accessories.

I have most accessories and all characters currently available. However, I don’t view my roster of characters as finalized since they are always adding new characters. For example, I just finished up working on Wheeljack. That’s probably why I used the words “working towards”. Because our work here is never done! ?

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@soundwave Oh okay, fair enough.

sheepybach
    @paul13

@datguygamer

To get 2 Bots @ 105% will take a hell of a lot of sparks and i don’t know if that amount has been around have they???

You need 47,600 sparks to get to 105% bonus

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Happy New Year event now live

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.