Halloween Competition

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Halloween Competition

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 106 total)
  • Replies
  • drewish
    @andrewmarlor

The beach is a good spot for them, the top desert node and any of the nodes on the left (fields). Pig city and the river are the worst areas for pumpkins!!! Keep in mind the scarecrows with pumpkin heads count as pumpkins.

FatBoy
    @aleks10

so this game is cheating me, I´ve played ten nods, collect around 30 pumpkins and on the leaderboard ther is always 511 pumpking, they are not added at all…
    Has anyone had the same problems?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@andrewmarlor

Well that kind of sucks then, because I very rarely get the field/forest nodes any more, or even the beach nodes. Most of my nodes are Pig City and river.

I guess the folks who are still working up in rank have the advantage, as opposed to those of us who’ve maxed out.

I seem to recall that the river nodes would occasionally spawn pumpkin patches, even before this Halloween update. Do these also count, or only the new Jack ‘o Lanterns?

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I’m averaging fewer than five pumpkins per node run.

I have no idea how anyone can possibly be accumulating them in the hundreds (or thousands)!?

Also, it would appear that you need to be online for your pumpkins to count.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Can anyone confirm:

– there are only 20 players in each grouping?

– players 4 through 20 in the ranking all get 10,000 coins each for playing?

So unless you’re in the Top 3 and are awarded gems for your efforts, then it doesn’t really matter where you place?

JLoABT
    @jloabt

Same issue today. None of my pumpkins earned are adding to my totals. @aleks10

I am connected to FB.

Also had an updating progress issue this morning, lost 700,000 coins, 2,000 pigs… but gained 20 gems. Still annoying this isn’t fixed however it’s only happened to me 2 or 3 times ever. Android 4.1.2 Samsung tablet running new ver. 1.8.9.0

@gradientturtle7
    FYI

***Edit: I just lost about 250 pumpkins in the last 5 minutes. Never exited the game. WTF.

Update: Its back and forth now. Stuck at 624, then went down to 370, adding to the total after a couple of nodes. Then back to 624 after another node and doesn’t add to the pumpkin count. Went up and down a couple times. No clue.

Couple hours later update: still some back and forth between my 624 and the lower pumpkin total but as I get them they are added to this lower total. Once I finally surpassed 624 again it seems to have stopped doing it.

wrw01
    @wrw01

Played in the pumpkin competition about 2-3 times and cannot seem to be able to play anymore. Click on the flashing icon for the competition and it takes me to the scoreboard that show the others and my position.
    How do I enter to play again?

Cannot play any nodes because the boost your buddy videos are not working.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@jloabt

“***Edit: I just lost about 250 pumpkins in the last 5 minutes. Never exited the game. WTF.”

How are you earning that many in the first place? I’ve been playing on and off since this morning and I’m not even at 100 yet.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

Is anyone able to play on iOS without connecting to Facebook? I was able to select a nickname and play the introductory node, but nothing else works. All I can do is collect coins and run missions. There’s no way I’m going to pay for a new Tf and the game doesn’t even work. I’m done. Again.?

JLoABT
    @jloabt

@optimuspig I’m getting 3 -7 pumpkins on most levels… a couple of zeroes and a few teens and twenties once in a while…I play probably 3-4 hours throughout most days so it adds up. My 370 number from earlier is now up to 778 I think.

I recall you’re on iOS and I noticed on my girlfriend’s ipad her pumpkin totals do seem to be a little less on average but not by much. Just played some of hers and got 30 pumpkins on 5 nodes… she’s up to 515 so far today since getting the (still glitchy) update

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@pampeans

Same problem here, I need to be connected to FB to get the three teammate selection choices, and I need the three choices to be able to start the node run, since only the left-most choice is selectable.

And when I’m in airplane mode trying to fight off the “Update Progress” then I can’t connect to FB at all.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@jloabt

I’m just barely into the mid-300s. Although my progress has been hindered by various bugs preventing me from actually performing node runs.

I can count the number of times I’ve earned double-digit pumpkins on one hand: 32, 19, 12. Far more often, I’m earning 0, 1 or 2 in a run.

The leader in my grouping is somewhere north of 600 ….

sheepybach
    @paul13

I don’t look for pumpkins any more if i hit any so be it. Reason being I was top of our board last and got nothing No 200 gems. I made it to the top 3 again on this board and yet again no 10.000 coins for doing so. That’s 20K coins and 200 Gems down the pan lol

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

Do pumpkins show up in the Gold Domes?

Pampeans
    @pampeans

The competition ends in less than 30 minutes without any patches to the app, so those of us on iOS w/o Facebook were not able to participate. Unbelievable.

Chuckles
    @chuckles

Don’t waste your time on the competition. I was in second place at the end of the time limit and only received 10,000 coins. The next closet player was 50 behind, and the player after that was over 400 behind. No reason I shouldn’t have received at least 75 gems. Funny thing is, I think this competition is like the Ashley Madison scandal where most of the “women” guys were talking with were actually bots, and not humans. I think that they are setting up fictitious players that have pumpkin totals close to yours so that you play more. Which leads to more advertising money for them. I had a “player” in my group that had over 5000 pumpkins. That is not a realistic total, unless the guy has no job and plays 24/7. I am convinced it is just an advertising ploy. The first competition I took 1st, and the 200 gems, but this one was totally rigged. Lol. At least they changed the level configurations which was nice, so we have that going for us.

Pampeans
    @pampeans

@chuckles

I did get 10,000 coins even though I was only able to play the introductory round for a paltry number of pumpkins and now it says there will be another competition in a day. Lol! @ the Ashley Madison analogy, however you can’t put it past Rovio. It’s doubtful there will be a fix pushed through in time for me to play in the competition. It’s just as well, by making the game unplayable (again) Rovio is confirming that I should stop playing altogether.

Vannie5555
    @vannie

I was very dissapointed with the competition this time.

I was in 2nd place too and only received 10,000 coins.

How do you opt out of the competition?

Drover’s Dog
    @droversdog

In the competition that ended 12 hours ago I also had a problem like @jloabt dropping from 274 gems to 58 due to an updating progress connection problem with facebook and it kept wavering between 274 and the growing total until I went above 274 so took me a while to claw back but ended up on top of my group to get 200 gems again.
    My strategy so far is to abandon missions and just play nodes. I also have changed from using goldbrick every node to using photoblast.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

So other than just playing continuously 24/7, anyone got any tips on how to earn pumpkins as quickly as possible?

MillForce2k
    @millforce2k

This competition is screwy, but this one actually benefitted me. I joined the last competition and played the node and got 28 pumpkins. Couldn’t play any other node because of the glitch in the next to last update. With an hour left, I did the latest update. Was in second place out a whole five people. Was able to now play nodes an won with 87 pumpkins. Second place had 50.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

I have no idea what’s going on.

Competition started.

I did the intro run with Nemesis Prime.

Afterwards, when I’m on the map and I click on the Competition button, all it does is start me on another run, instead of showing me the rankings.

I’ve re-run it four times now (although the game crashed on two of those runs before I made it to the tally screen).

I have no idea if it’s recording my pumpkins, or if I’m just wasting my time on this game again.

beaups
    @grathe

I’m having the same problem. Crashing off intro level completion, says connection error when I try to open the leader board.

maybelline
    @maytyeung

just something FYI, I won the first competition with 200 gems, came in 3rd in the 2nd competition and received 75 gems, this time around, I have been locked out of the competition totally. This is all without Nemesis Prime as I wasn’t going to pay for him. Currently, I can smash pumpkins and it totals them for me but does not show rankings or other players. When I click on the competition logo, it says connection error. Im ok with it, its time to get back to my real life anyways. I suspect Rovio doesn’t want to give me more gems.

What was interesting was in the 2nd round, the player that came in first had more than 5000 pumpkins, nearly triple what 2nd and 3rd place (in the low 1600’s) had? I don’t understand how they did that… waiting for nodes, and recharges means you cannot play continuously unless you are spending way more than 200 gems, which defeats the purpose of playing for them in the first place. Am playing in android.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

5,000 pumpkins???

Bloody ‘ell, some people really don’t have lives.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Halloween Competition

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 106 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.