Half off class sale

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Half off class sale

• I’ve been excited to buy the Witch from the 50% off class per day sale. Is it still going on? Did I miss it or something? :(

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • Replies
  • RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

I suppose it’s still ongoing! Every now and then I see a class reduced… I suppose that on the other days where I don’t see a class reduced, it’s a class I already obtained before.

Joe Wolf
    @joe-wolf

Oh! Good eye. ;)

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Guess what – today’s reduced class IS Witch.
    I’m so tempted to use real world money to buy the smallest LC pack… that’d save me some annoying ads and I could buy Witch for a smaller price – and I’d have her!

Pointless
    @pointless

A long time ago I made a small RW$ LC purchase during a 50% more sale and haven’t regretted it for a second, if only due to not having the constant ads. If you can benefit doubly by obtaining Witch, it definitely is worth consideration.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

There is a problem.
    I’d be missing a SINGLE LC if I was to buy the smallest pack. I’d need 155… I’d have 154.
    Today’s free Cave chest gave me an EXP potion, and I already defeated today’s golden pig… Ack!

I’ve only got about 20 hours… If I didn’t obtain another LC by then I’m screwed. Or I have to buy the bigger pack. (At least I’d have a few LC’s left for the next big investment. Possibly the golden anvil or some shards or the next class?)

Pointless
    @pointless

Really depends on how much you want to spend. LCs always will come in handy, obviously. Also, I wouldn’t waste them on the Golden Anvil before certain Premium Classes

Suikyo
    @suikyo

I never upgrade the anvil because you cannot craft set items any way and if you really need to craft some weapons, just craft with your resources again and again as resources are essentially unlimited.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@graugeist @pointless @datguygamer

:3

I still have enough LC’s left for another discounted class, and I’ll soon have enough for Skulkers. I bought the second smallest LC pack.
    Hope they’ll reduce Sea Dog.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 Nice, although now you have to start grinding for Witch’s mastery. How many LCs do you have now and what classes are you still missing?

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Gratz on Witch. You’ll see her make a HUGE difference in Arena.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    That’s no problem, lol :P
    I wonder if there’s an SRC strategy using Witch? That’d heavily boost her mastery outcome.
    I have 119 LC’s now. Ok, it’s not enough to buy another class… but Skulkers are 130 LC’s which is close, and I’ll get 30 LC’s on the 28th plus a few in between. Really hope Rovio decides to wait till then.
    I’m now still missing: Stone Guard, Illusionist, Thunderbird, Sea Dog and Skulkers.

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@smwforever45 If I may suggest, don’t buy any classes until they are on sale.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

If they’re good enough, just have your best 2 Birds drag Witch along for the ride. Even if you have to manually play some of it.

Of your missing classes, your next priority will be Sea Dog.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@datguygamer
    Ouch… I’ll have to put a sticky note on my phone now :P
    “Watch out! Don’t tap the LC offers at the Dojo!”

@graugeist

Right now I’m trying to drag Witch through along with Paladin and Wizard – it works when I play manually due to Witch being able to give herself the health bonus. But for auto-play, I really need a bird to dispel Wizpig’s helpful effect. Not sure how well Paladin/Witch/Capt’n would work, though, since the Dragon bonus doesn’t always trigger and doesn’t always hit all enemies. And Wizard/Witch/Capt’n doesn’t seem to heal well, or so I think?

I’ve actually got a question regarding Witch’s healing. When you use her supportive ability on a bird or banner, the current and max HP go up (for example, 1000/2000 would become 1200/2400).
    The effect lasts for 3 turns. After those 3 turns have ended, does the health stay on the bird/banner and only the max HP resets (1200/2000), or does it go back to what it was before (1000/2000), or what happens?
    Also can you use the effect multiple times on a single bird/the banner for a triple bonus?

Pointless
    @pointless

Yes and yes!
    Healing stays on the Banner even if its max Health is reset and Witch can Heal multiple times on the Banner, each time (up to three obviously) healing based on the Banner’s current max Health. I can heal over 8K sometimes…

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Oh! Awesome!!!
    But anything beyond the max health is cut off, right? Wouldn’t make sense to have 20800/20000 :P

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Since 25 minutes, the next discounted class is Thunderbird. 50% off, 130 instead of 260 LC’s.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Yeah, but if it doesn’t wear off, you can bump a banner from 25k to 30k.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Which, however, would leave me with a vulnerable Witch and only 2 attacking birds since she’d have to keep using supportive abilities…

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

So? Unless their banner heals are more than your attacks, you will eventually win as long as you keep throwing 6k, 7k, 8k heals at your banner.

Anonymous

@smwforever45
    Congrats on getting Witch!
    For the record, when the Dragon set bonuc procs, it always hits all enemies. What’s happening when you sometimes see only one additional enemy take damage is that the Dragontooth weapon’s Chain Attack effect is hitting. In fact, if you pay close attention, you will often see both the set bonus AND the chain attack proc at the same time, so one enemy (other than the targeted one) will take BOTH the 75% set bonus damage and the 50% chain attack damage. It should happen roughly 25% of the time (45% * 45%).
    I don’t have any good strategies for pushing a low level Witch through SRC. My best guess would be Rainbird plus Captn or Tricksters. And of course focus on enchanting the off-hand item in Matilda’s Sweet set if you have it.

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

@graugeist
    Ok, that can work as long as the opponent doesn’t have an intelligent AI and Witch.

@poptimus
    Thanks!
    Oh, I didn’t read close enough – I didn’t see that the Dragon bonus always hits ALL enemies. I assumed it was random… Thanks again.

Right now, Paladin+Wizard+Witch is working… although it sacrifices Witch in the final wave due to her extremely low health at the moment and the inability to dispel Wizpig’s double damage (and the stupid AI always giving Paladin the stat boost :(), and it’s not ideal due to Wizpig getting double healing from this.
    When I bump my Witch up to mastery rank 4, she’ll have enough health to withstand one Wizpig attack.

angryde
    @angryde

@smwforever45 Congrats on getting Witch! SUCH an advantage in the arena… my God. FYI I’m officially a ‘non-venomous’ guy now… I’m crushing opponents with an APR as high as 1550 with my 1375 Blessed 8/8 and Samurai, Wizard and Witch team! Viel Spaß eh!

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

@angryde – congrats on moving to a winning strategy! Ist gut, ja? :D

RedYoshi45
    @smwforever45

Tried out Witch today when the 12 class objective was on.
    Even at mastery rank 3, she’s already awesome. Her attack is strong and her healing is unbeatable. Not sure which character to switch out for her though once she gets to mastery 5 or 6 (at which point I’d consider her usable in terms of health) – Paladin, Wizard or Capt’n? Red is still pretty strong with his Dragon set, while Bomb and Mathilda have only incomplete sets still. Chuck is a must-use for me so he’s no one to switch out.

Like how the forum talks Deutsch :D

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Half off class sale

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.