Got shut down in arena

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Got shut down in arena

• I just had a weird experience in the PVP arena: I played dozens of battles and won easily, and frequently because the opponent wouldn’t attack my banner. Even if all of my birds were knocked out the opponent wouldn’t fight and would use only support functions. After I racked up ~1500 points this way it was almost as if the game decided I was done: three times in a row I lost the coin toss, my birds got mowed down, and I watched helplessly as the opponent disassembled my banner. It was kinda uncanny…

Anyone else had this experience?

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Replies
  • burbman
    @burbman

@ericog – by chance did you move into the top three in your leaderboard just prior to meeting the more difficult opponents? I have noticed opponents tend to be more difficult the higher I am ranked on my board. Maybe one star players are matched up with the same, along with two star and three star?

Eric OG
    @ericog

I was (and still am) in 2nd place in the silver league. I had actually been #1 for a while and I’d recently been passed by another player when they got caught up on the daily objectives. I’d defeated several opponents who had level 10 birds and large banners, so the real difference was that they suddenly started to fight. Once that happened I was actually defeated by inferior opponents, and it almost seemed like they were inflicting more damage than their abilities should have allowed, but I can’t confirm that.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

Yesterday, I had Red use his rage then immediately followed by Chuck using his rage. Needless to say, I got wiped out. There’s no way that I’m aware of that two birds should be able to rage back to back like that. And to answer your question, yes, I have noticed sudden changes to more difficult opponents too. I usually close the app and reopen it until I get a fair opponent.

Eric OG
    @ericog

It may be worth noting that I was trying to catch up to the leader and had gotten between 200-300 points when the change happened.

Kind of unrelated, another bizarre thing happened last night. One of the opponents was Matilda’s Druid, but she behaved like Chuck’s Rainbird. Anyone else seen anything like this?

justanothername
    @justanothername

I’ve noticed a few bugs.
    The first was the spinning coin to decide who start froze mid spin. I had to restart and had ‘lost’ that battle.
    In the second bug I won the battle by knocking down the opponents banner but this was ignored by the program and continued until eventually my banner was knocked down and I lost.
    I’ve also noticed two enemy birds using rage back to back a few times, it completely wipes you out

Eric OG
    @ericog

It just happened again: I was wiped out in two turns by a team of level 7 birds (my birds are all level 10). I checked all of their specs and there seemed to be no evidence of it being a hacked account. The only explanation is that they were dealing more damage than advertised. This time around I’d already accumulated two losses along the way so it only took this one defeat to shut me down.

It makes me wonder if the game does this periodically to force people to spend LC’s to stay in the running…

KillerKea
    @killerkea

It doesn’t happen too often, but my birds sometimes get stunned despite my opponent having no items that can cause a stun. Yesterday I fought a team with the blessed set and Vengence emblem. I used my Skulkers’ Tricksey Trick on himself to give all enemies a weak spot and got stunned. At first I thought the stun was actually going to help me because now my Wizard was going to get 3 attacks from his Speed of Light attack which would KO 2 or 3 enemy birds, but he didn’t KO any bird because he immediately got stunned so he only got off 1 attack. To add to the pain my birds were stunned for 2 rounds instead of one so all I could do was watch my birds and banner go down.

BF10
    @bf10

It is because the set items have the abilities and can stun with the added bonus.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@killerkea I found a banner that had nightmare active on it even though matilda was not on the AI squad. It happens often enough to either be a serious bug or a hack.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@killerkea @tigerussell @ericog — Have you reported this directly to Rovio?

Eric OG
    @ericog

@MVNLA2 – I haven’t reported my issue, partly because it would be hard to prove without a screenshot or some other evidence. That’s kinda why I posted it here–I want to know if others have had the same experience. If I’m the only one it might be the case that I just got really unlucky and lost fair and square.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@killerkea Is it possible that the enemy team had Chuck’s shock shield active? I’ve noticed that sometimes the buffs don’t show visually on the enemy birds.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mvnla No, but you can if you like. Isn’t everyone tired of reporting bugs to them?

@neomerlinmagic
    No, the enemy didn’t have Shock Shield, but even if the enemy did that should not stun my birds. When my birds get stunned they are always stunned for 2 rounds so they are almost always killed since most of the time all my birds still alive get stunned when they attack.

Earlier today when my Chuck got stunned the enemy was able to cast cupcake trap on MY Chuck so the game was trying to make me attack my own bird. I didn’t attack my Chuck, but the graphics showed that I couldn’t attack the enemy and it turned to a green circle around Chuck so I would have used my secondary skill on him instead of attacking him. I was able to use this bug to my advantage because when they attacked my Chuck they took damage from the Cupcake Trap. I was lucky I was able to win the battle because I usually lose when my birds get stunned for 2 rounds.

I’d post a screen shot that shows my Chuck was stunned and affected by 2 Cupcake Traps (One in green and one in red), but I haven’t bothered to figure out how to do that here. Positive effects on your birds are highlighted in green and negative ones are highlighted in red when you click on your bird.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

@killerkea Whoops, I meant “energize” effect. I’ve noticed that the stun effect lasts for 2 turns when it’s supposed to last only one turn and sometimes the buff is invisible on the enemy. That’s why I asked.

Eric OG
    @ericog

I’ve also had the problem with getting stunned for two rounds by the Wizard’s energize effect. I posted about it on the bugs thread.

t_russell
    @tigerussell

@ericog — This definitely happens. I didn’t really catch on until this morning, but it has been happening to me for quite some time now. any time I am grinding, I will notice after a while a long string of computer generated teams followed by several high powered players. Typically for me I see several in a row with blazing sets which historically for me have been a weakness. I don’t usually loose since I’m all geared, leveled, and ranked up. But I used to loose in this scenario a lot. I used to just re-up my banners and continue. The game is definitely trying to knock you off.

Eric OG
    @ericog

The game is in the process of shutting me down again. I am in silver league, and most of the week I’ve been the only person on my leaderboard. That changed today–I ended up on a leaderboard when the new daily objectives went up this afternoon. Since then the game will only give me vastly superior opponents, and I lose every coin toss. I have the “knock out three birds with one attack” objective which I will not be able to pull off against these opponents. In the meantime everyone else on the board is sailing past me. Its likely that I’ll be kicked out of the league altogether by the end of the night.

Mikael Jakobsson
    @mikael-jakobsson

Angry birds 2 shutdown for me in the arena sometimes worst is you lose you attempts you running losing spells if you ben using that etc and not gain any reward have big issues with that with my Nexus 5X happens sometimes everyday, higre chance i think is crash if you spoil with speed when you done the area for come to next map.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Got shut down in arena

Viewing 18 replies - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.