Good places for farming materials?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Good places for farming materials?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • Replies
  • Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

@mvnla2 – Oops. Fixed it. Pretty sure that’s all of them though.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

This shouldn’t be lost. Has anyone found someplace to get greater vials other than losing at Wizpigs Castle? What about it caves?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@TomC — All I got for losing at Wizpigs castle was 1 pile of sand??? I lost in first round, as fast as I could.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

If you follow my tip on how to buy potions cheap, you won’t care about getting vials or greater vials anymore because you can easily buy 50 potions/day for only 500 snoutlings. You can only get vials from crafting or buying them now.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KillerKea — Am trying to follow your tip. Think I’ve got it covered. Waiting for the offer. So it isn’t a one-time thing? Even better.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’ve bought almost 200 potions in the past few days. I could be slightly off on my 11 number. It might be 10, but I know 11 of everything works and 6 of everything does not work. Just be sure you keep 11 or more of everything in your inventory if you use a blueprint or make cakes. The special offer comes up every 30-40 minutes so I can purchase potions more then 10 times/day.

TomC
    @tomc

@mvnla2 It might not always be a Great Vial but I’ve definitely gotten it multiple times. But yeah the Special Offer is the way to go.

Lovi
    @lovi

I made a map for farming matrials.
    Materials are not on the map cap be only crafted!
    Angry Birds Epic material map

saukoon
    @saukoon

Thanks Lovi for the great map! Just wonder how you get the full map with such a good resolutions?

By the way there’s a good farming place for magic water recommended for high level players (easier for level 25++), “Red Giant Valley – 4”. It is the only level that gives 3x magic water as main prize, and located at the east of the island, beneath “bottomless cave dungeon”

There is only 1 consistent enemy (boss level) called Tribal Pack, with 6825 health. This level is a friend level but high level players are able to pass thru it even using 2 birds with autoplay mode (less than 30seconds to complete)

By the way my map is fully unlocked, with all 3-star completions. Let me know if I could help to provide the map in your next update

Thanks

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

My map (linked earlier in this thread and also posted in the Walkthroughs on the site) has all this info and more, since you can see the entire loot wheel for each level.

As for getting the full map at that resolution, I don’t know how the original map on the site was created, but I can tell you how I did mine. I took dozens of screenshots of the map in rows and columns, and hand-stitched them in Photoshop. The biggest challenge is that things that move on the map didn’t look the same in every shot, so it was hard to line them up sometimes.

I have a blank of the map without all the wheels on it if anyone wants it – it is kind of huge though – about 12MB so I can’t upload it to the site. (I sent the full version directly to Bird Leader via e-mail so he could post it.)

Tman
    @tman

Only once so far have I gotten the special offer for cheap potions. I’ve got at least 11 of everything in my inventory. Anyone else getting the offer regularly?

wolkenwand
    @wolkenwand

@tman same with you, i dont get the offer regularly and i have more than 11 of all kind of resources.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

The trick of getting Piggy McCool to only sell potions every 30-40 minutes once you had 11 of every resource only worked in version 1.0.11. Once you upgraded to 1.0.12 it stopped working. However 1.0.11 limited you to level 25, Cave 5 and no 3x bonus on the 7th day of defeating the golden pig. I guess they decided this trick was a bug.

However Rovio accidentally created a much better bug for players in 1.0.12 allowing you to get a set item every day by spinning on a friend’s pig machine. However that exploit makes the game too easy. I’m surprised they haven’t patched that exploit yet because people have been using it for 9 days now. If people were smart and didn’t consider this cheating, they would have bought enough spins to get their pig machine to the point where they are guaranteed a set item then take advantage of this exploit every day until it is patched.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@tomc — Are you still getting greater vials for losing at Wizpigs castle?
    Has anyone else found any anywhere, like maybe in caves? I though I saw some as consolation prizes for the levels surrounding Wizpig’s castle, but haven’t seen any recently.

TomC
    @tomc

@mvnla2 They may have changed up the prizes, or maybe it’s part of a random selection of consolation prizes now.

MistyMissChristie
    @mistychristie

The amount of snoutlings you now get after yesterday’s update has changed from 100 to 4 each for the King, Prince Porky and the Wizard (at King’s castle)……….oops….sorry…wrong thread

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dbKreamer — Is there anyplace to get more than one burning pumpkin at at time? You must have found the optimal way to get all resources needed for potions.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Should have been @dbkraemer I should mention that cave 11 has nearly depleted my supplies of potions. I thought I had a pretty good supply, but it was pretty pathetic compared to yours. IMO Cave 11 requires more potions than the gold / orange void.

dbkraemer
    @dbkraemer

@mvnla2 – no, the pumpkins only come one at a time, although sometimes you can get several if you win a treasure chest. Mostly, it was just using the resource map provided here on the nest and then playing over and over to farm the needed resources. I kept away from the wave battles because they take more time but mostly yield the same resources. Sometimes I would go for the seeds and craft the pumpkins. And I have lots of friendship essence (over 800 currently, but close to 1,100 at one point) and the upgraded cauldron, so if I rolled a two, I would keep rolling until I got a three. The potions built up pretty quickly because this was all done between updates so I wasn’t using them for any battles.

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but if you roll a two and then retry until you get a three, instead of getting four potions (3 plus 1 bonus), you actually get five. Doesn’t happen if you roll a three the first time. Weird but OK with me :)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

The treasure chest at the end of Mouth Pool has 2 greater vials!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KillerKea, @angryde — So is it more time efficient to rack up snoutlings and pay for resources / potions or to farm for materials. I beginning to think it’s more efficient to rack up snoutlings, but don’t really have any data.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2 @KillerKea. I’ve long since abandoned farming resources. At this point, I simply find the process of ‘battling’ low-level opponents to obtain potion ingredients overly time-consuming/attention-intensive/tedious. Furthermore, endlessly auto-replaying ‘Star Reef Castle’ – while mind-numbing in its own way – comes with the added bonus of a fairly decent XP accrual over time. However, I only ever possess 15x each potion at any one time – but with the sheer number of snoutlings I’ve got banked… hey, it’s not a problem. As a side note: I’ve not spent a since cent of RW$ on Epic… so my choices are driven by a sans super-charged chilli/cauldron/anvil approach. But, hey, that’s just my approach + random two cents. :)

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I argued a long time ago that making potions was a waste of time, but that was back when you could easily get 300+ snoutlings from WizPig castle or take advantage of WCP. Back then I also posted how you could make Piggy McCool sell you 5 healing potions for 50 snoutlings every 30-45 min.

Even though our earn rate for snoutlings has been cut by more than half and the trick to make McCool sell potions doesn’t work anymore I still say it is a waste of time to farm for resources and that buying the potions or cakes is better. You are going to gain a lot more mastery beating up SRC than you would farming for resources. Also I found it frustrating trying to find places that give you the resources you want and until recently there was no place on the map where you could get greater vials except by buying them or using sand to make vials and using vials to make greater vials.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryde @killerkea — You may already know this, but it is much cheaper to buy the potions directly than to buy the ingredients to brew them.

Anonymous

I like to make the potions myself because I think it’s fun to constantly beat up those pigs. Plus I need the Snoutlings for big amounts of Mastery at the Dojo.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Good places for farming materials?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 52 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.