Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 396 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Thanks @KillerKea! Tried Star Reef Castle this evening, an am getting about 55 snoutlings per minute. Don’t have a long time average, because I sometimes didn’t restart immediately. I did get the + 10% from the video. However, I’m not sure you can save it all day?? It seems that if you don’t use it, it disappears???
    Anyway, the team I used tonight was:
    I’m level 37
    Druid level 5 with honey set
    Captain level 5 with pickpocket
    Tricksters level 5 with a mixed set (I don’t have a matched set for them)
    They did win every time.
    Too bad I have to choose between continuing SRC and reading an e-book, but it’s time for the e-book,

RedKnight
    @redknight

I’ve been fine tuning my team since my last post and I’ve found a little improvement over the previous samurai-druid-captain team for SRC, by replacing Matilda with the Rain Bird, I’ve achieved a 100% victory rate, without the video, and since I’m just level 30 and my birds are all fives or sixes, I think others in a similar situation could give it a try.
    Rain bird works so well because besides his healing, you dispell the DoTs, and apply your own AoE DoTs, which helps greatly against those pesky ghosts, always summoning more allies.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I didn’t know about the 10% bonus trick until the post earlier today so I’d never bother to watch it. After watching the video I just tried SRC with level 37 birds all level 6 mastery using Paladin with Dragon’s Breath, Druid with Sweet and Tricksters with BEEP. The group finishes SRC in under 4 minutes. I’m earning 1600/hr while I watch TV.

angryde
    @angryde

@killerkea. Now you’ve got it, dude! Precisely what I do… inhaling ‘Amazing Race’ marathons + watching the snoutlings pile up! =)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@burbman — Ran Mounth Pool this morning while doing chores. Not as many snoutlings / hr as SRC, but you don’t have to pay careful attention, and you know that you are continuing to get snoutlings when you don’t. BTW, tried running it to the end. You need to stop it close to the beginning of the 3rd wave from the end and play that one manually. You can then let it continue on auto-play, although I didn’t because my rage chili got stuck, so I played manually to the end. Got 141 snoutlings in 16 min. Not great, but not bad.
    The best thing is that if you get the treasure chest at the end, you get 2 greater vials!

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2. As you’ve said before – all our SFP (strategic farming points) have their pros and cons, yeah? It’s all about what you’re doing ITRW at the time! I often hit ‘Mouth Pool’ when I’m engaged in time consuming crapola too!

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2. p.s. greater vials are not a problem here… before I level maxed, I used to auto-re-play the 3x undead pigs wave directly to the right of ME’s Dojo (really nice XP). As a result, I have about 1.5 quadrillion units of the sandy stuff! :)

Soulesin
    @soul00

I got an question, nowadays wich is the. Best and faster way to gain exp, I can do the golden pig many times… And I’m just lvl 15

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@soul00 — See this forum:

Angry Birds Epic Guide To Experience Stars (Updated 2/1/2021)

@angryde
    — Not having much luck with SRC today. My Captain and Tricksters are now level 6, but Druid is still level 5. I actually lost several times in a row! Also, my honey set is not at level 37, but that didn’t seem to matter previously. Now trying Druid with Yin/Yang, which is level 37 and fills up the rage chili faster. Will let you know.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Use your birds with the best sets if you are having trouble. Use Captain if you have scissors or Tricksters if you have BEEP attack. Using the Druid is OK. For the third bird you might want to use the Paladin or Rainbird for more healing if your Druid doesn’t do enough or Wizard if your group isn’t killing the enemies fast enough. The AI is pretty stupid so using Perfect Balance is not as good as using Sweet.

I just tried SRC and realized that there is no longer a maximum of 7 enemies on screen. On wave 4 I have 10 enemies on screen, 1 Necromancer, 2 Stinky Zombies, 1 Banshee, 1 Zombie, 1 Ghost, and 4 Ship’s Kobold’s and my group is about to be over powered. To defeat SRC it looks like we’ll need to use birds with either the abilities or items that give them the ability to attack multiple enemies.

angryde
    @angryde

@mvnla2. @killerkea. I love SRC for precisely the reasons you’ve (both) mentioned. I’m not sure how, but my patented combo milks wave four for all it’s worth! Enemy pig re-spawnage can get a little ridiculous at times… as @killerkea mentioned… 8,9 or 10 enemies… but, somehow, my poor little birds always manage to survive! I’ve gained so much XP/mastery auto-re-playing this battle it’s absurd. My Red-Samurai is almost at level-9 and my other two go-to birds, Matilda-Druid and Chuck-Wizard are almost at level-8. The 6000x bonus (all birds) for 1st in the ‘Into the Void’ event will almost certainly push them over the line. I think their survivability is all down to the auto-bots obsessive use of Red-Samurai’s ‘Defensive Formation’ ability. It certainly impacts farming speed/efficiency… but it has it’s advantages!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Well, since I last played Sunken Pyramid with McCool, a lot of my birds have leveled up, and it’s not running endlessly by itself. So far the birds have lost, so I can restart, but there would seem to be a real danger that they will win. Too bad you can’t adjust your birds / gear without losing McCool.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@angryde I have to update my recommended parties for SRC. The Samurai is almost equal to a bird that dispels because it will always use its defensive formation right before WizPig attacks. I’ve discovered that a level 6 mastery blues won’t always survive, but the rest of the crew will survive and finish off WizPig. The AI for the Samurai is better than most other birds. It will always use defensive formation whenever an enemy that has a 2 or 3 round skill is about to use that skill. This is very useful in WizPig’s case since it reduces the damage by 40-50%, but it can be inefficient when the 2nd or 3rd round is a summon or revive. One exception to that rule is that it will sometimes use the rage chili instead.

angryde
    @angryde

@killerkea. Precisely, mate. Hence, why always I tend to use my aforementioned combo for SRC. Chuck-Wizard with the ‘Reborn’ epic set is also very useful because he dispels Wizpig’s buff 30% of the time. Survivability is 100% in my experience. BTW I’m assuming that you’re from across the ditch, bro!? I’m an Aussie ex-pat living in Germany. I can almost hear/read your comforting accent. :-P

cosmo2503
    @cosmo2503

Ever since King Pig’s Castle doesn’t give 300 snoutlings for completing level I play SRC for 100+ snoutlings. As Rovio changed amount of snoutlings for all castles but SRC I think this might be glitch/bug and should be used as much as possible while it still exists.
    I win every single battle so far with any bird combo I used.
    At first I used Paladin+Sea Dog+Spies. After they ranked up to rank 10 I changed combo to Samurai, Wizard and Bard. After Wizard and Bard reached rank 10 I changed them to Samurai, Druid and Thunderbird, which is combo I am using right now.
    The best of all in their performance was combo of Samurai rank 9 equiped with dragoon tooth epic set, Bard rank 9 equiped with doom set and Wizard rank 9 equiped with hronos set, giving up to 144 k points for winning battle.
    I’ll tell you a little secret, i bring my iPad to office, plug it in socket, turn sounds of and play SRC eight hours a day on auto-play. The only thing I do is check from time to time and replay level. Tons of snoutlings and exp points for doing eactly nothing.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

Sometimes the Star Reef Castle Trick goes awry… Here I am level 34 using level 5 and 6 birds, no sets (long story that, but basically the “restore your progress” logic wiped out my PURCHASED coins, so now I only take the free rolls and sometimes a couple of 3 LC rolls).

That's one heck of a crowd!

By switching my weapons to chain-attack (even though lower might), it sometimes gets passed the endless spawn point. Auto play wastes quite a bit of attack by having the Captain “rev up” samurai.

In a separate game, Level 37 with all level 6 birds it goes ok on auto IF you turn off auto-lock, that is.

angryde
    @angryde

@toothgnasher. My Chuck-Wizard (LVL-8) using rage attack gets me through SRC-Wave-4 quite nicely! I’ve had up to 10x pigs/ghosts in-play and it’s STILL total obliteration! =)

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@angryde The game I’m trying to rev up are level 5 – a long way from 8! I’m trying wizard-druid-samurai. My wizard is 6, but druid hasn’t quite reached 5 (but I do have honey) My only other set is Phoenix. So far on battle 4, the monsters are replicating like rabbits!

What’s interesting about auto play is the birds always play top to bottom – which sometimes is self defeating. For example with Samurai-Rainbird-Captain, samurai strikes and at the end Captain “Whips Him Up”… Whereas the next round Samurai will often do “Defensive Formation” wasting the power up. I feel like the autoplay could work better if we could arrange the birds in some order.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@toothgnasher The simple solution is to not use both the Samurai and Captain together for SRC, but if you are determined to use that group and things go awry you can stop the auto play and use Bomb’s Explode after doing a bunch of damage to the Necromancer and Banshee to take all the enemies on screen out before they can revive.

@angryde
    I’m actually from California and live in Silicon Valley.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@KillerKea: Intervening and stopping the deadlock is what I usually do… it just means I have to pay more attention and it’s less automatic – being that I’m impatient I usually take over and throw in a few hot chili cakes to expedite the process. BUT… I’ve figured out a super easy way to “mine” for anything – including snoutlings or experience. The problem is that very long deadlocks like this one mean my accrual rate goes down.

Briefly: I installed the Andy emulator, GhostMouse (for recording mouse movements and clicks), and the Android ABE from GooglePlay. With the trio I can make it click all day long while I’m at work! At least that’s the theory. My next hurtle is preventing power down of my PC.

PS I’m in the Silicon Valley myself!

sata
    @satanicoo

Hey guys, sharing my build.
    I use rainbird, druid and capt’n. I am lvl 37, no sets, nothing, i autoplay it and it always finish!
    Sharing as with previous build they get stuck a lot on wave 4 due to the sheer ammount of pigs that respawn.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

In anticipation of the next event stocked with those awful ninjas, I’m running SRC with the following
    Samurai
    Rain Bird
    Druid
    It might not be as efficient in time, and certainly not as many snoutlings as Tricksters, Captain with Pickpocket and Druid, but so far it is working, and it does add mastery to the 3 birds I expect to be using a lot in the event.

GrimmJow
    @grimmjow

My Samurai and my cannoneer became too powerful.
    They impose more than 235, how you make?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Grimmjoy — I have to use an old, weak weapon for the Samurai, and I’m using an old weak set of Pickpocket on Cannoneer.

Jim151
    @jim151

I get 100% success rate on SRC in auto play with Paladin, Wizard, and Tricksters, all mastery 8, with dragon breath set for Red.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 201 through 225 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.