Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 396 total)
  • Replies
  • cml67
    @cml67

I played king pig’s castle a few more times and still not getting snoutlings or xp on stage five. I was also getting 100 snoutlings each for a while, but it just stopped.

cml67
    @cml67

Gave king pig’s castle a couple more tries and still no snoutlings and xp on stage 5. Is any one else having this problem?

waze
    @wazemank

@tobyv thanks for the WCP tip

@dheemazzz
    – As @avantcourier says, “you don’t even have to wait the snoutlings to drop. As soon as the Pirate Captain falls, the rewards (both EXP and $) will be yours”. I’ve tried for 5 minutes with Golden Chili and Veteran Wizard and got 181 snoutlings and 187 “blue level stars” in 18 battles. So, I could get more than 2.000 snoutlings per hour… but after 5 minutes I have bored.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

You’re doing WCP wrong.

You should use any of Red’s classes instead of the Wizard. With the Wizard you can’t immediately restart and get the 10 snoutlings because his first attack doesn’t do enough damage to kill the Pirate Captain. Also the Wizard will kill the other pirate so you’ll have to wait even more for the wheel spin which contains no ingredients you really need. You’ll get a lot more snoutlings an exp quicker using Red. I like to do this when watching TV because this doesn’t require much attention at all. I suppose you could use Bomb if he does enough damage to kill both and you’ll average 10.5 snoutlings, but if you don’t restart fast enough you’ll be wasting time on the wheel spin.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

The only problem I have with WCP is that it’s so monotonous; perhaps I lack the patience to do it for hours on end..

sapper
    @sapper

@strategia55 Same here. I find the first couple caves to be a little more fun, but also less rewarding, than WCP. Not in a huge rush to get all the epic classes though. Already beat the game with the few I have, so not like a I need them, and once I get them I really have nothing else to do until more caves/classes come out.

Danke_
    @danke

I rather preffer raiding the caves and the dungeons instead of abusively killing the WCP boss due to the monotony of it (i’ve got to say, 2250 replays of WCP it’s a bit exaggerated)

beaujack
    @beaujack

King Pig’s Castle is da bomb. My sweetheart wife & I both thank you, DH Kim.
    It is still working for us.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I’ve had generally great success using auto-play to rack up snoutlings and farm for materials. The advantage of using auto-play is that you can accumulate stuff while not paying constant attention to the game. Start auto-play and return 10 min later to claim your prize and restart.
    Playing daily dungeons with McCool on auto-play will generally get you a large number of snoutlings, anywhere from 20 to 1000 if there are a lot of undead or piggies that call reinforcements. However, the combo of Samurai, Druid, and McCool in Volcano Island gets you nothing; it just gets stuck in an endless loop.
    To succeed in farming for materials, you need to pick a level that you can complete on auto-play with your level of birds. I’m level 29 now, and almost any battle on the main island will work. Wave battles have the advantage of giving you a decent number of snoutlings in addition to materials.

Red
    @redftw

A really good place to rack up snoutlings and experience (other than daily dungeons), is King Pig’s Castle. I’m able to get 100 snoutlings from each boss enemy in the castle (Porky, Wizpig, and King Pig), which can total up to over 300 snoutlings and tons of experience with the rested bonuses and experience potions (I don’t personally use the experience potions though). I am at level 29 (which is the max level for me right now) and halfway into cave 7. Also, it works for all the other castles (except for the 4th castle).

-Red

seggy
    @seggy

Yeah, co-signing on King Pig’s Castle. It seems to always give me 320 Snoutlings each time through, which takes about 5-10 minutes. I’d go there whenever a new Elite class would be available in the Dojo and I’d need a quick 2000 Snoutlings. Feels much less monotonous than 200 trips to WCP.

I use level 29 Red/Paladin, Matilda/Druid, and Blues/Rogues. For the last wave, I hit the King with Red’s Heroic strike, attack Porky with Matilda and Blues to start draining him, then switch them next turn to start draining the Wiz. Next chance you get, have them attack Porky again, and so on, so that both are always draining. Red only attacks the Wiz, with all three ignoring the King until Porky and Wiz are dead, since he doesn’t do much damage (half the time he just cries!). Make sure you take out the 3 healing bombs whenever they appear.

Mindset
    @mindset83

King Pig’s Castle is really the best. Here is my strategy for it.

Using Paladin/Druid/Spies all elite classes.

Put it on auto play until the final battle. For first attack all 3 birds go after wiz pig. Next turn Matilda goes after porky and the other two attack wiz pig again. With spies the 3 bombs go away after one hit of any thing which allows you to focus on the king pig and porky. Wiz pig eventually dies on the third round before he has a chance to use either of his power up attacks. From there Blues rotates from the bombs to king pig while damaging porky in the process. Paladin constantly attacks King pig while Matlida goes after porky every time.

This process usually ends up having King pig and porky die around the same time. Usually takes about 7-8 minutes when auto playing the first four rounds.

Red
    @redftw

I have a strategy for King Pig’s Castle.

Elite Samurai (Dragontooth set), Elite Druid (Honey Spoon set), and Elite Tricksters (Ballista set). All level 29 birds.

The whole level takes me about 7-8 minutes (depending on healing bombs).

Before the final wave, make sure you use Cheer to power yourself up before the fight. Use Heroic Strike on King Pig, attack King Pig with druid, and attack Wiz Pig with Blues. With dragontooth’s affect, you can do 230 extra damage (or more) to all enemies, which can get rid of all the healing bombs (attack a healing bomb so in case it doesn’t work, you can use Matilda and Blues to take the other 2 bombs out). Attack King Pig with all birds except for druid (attack porky with druid). Depending on a critical or not. you can take out King Pig in that turn. After King Pig is dead, focus all birds on Wiz Pig (if wiz pig uses weaken on you, use Trickster’s Cheer ability to amp up your power and get rid of the 75% power decrease. Make sure to heal with Matilda once you take damage and with that 25% boost in healing, you can have your birds back to full health in a couple turns (without potions). Once Wiz Pig is dead, all that’s left is Prince Porky. With his dodge ability and tit for tat, the only bird that can attack is Matilda. So if you are fully healed, attack with Druid to get some in-between turn vine damage. Once tit for tat is at 1 turn left, and the bombs are there as well, take out the bombs with samurai and druid, with a full rage chili, use chili on blues to stun porky so he can’t use tit for tat. after he is awake, power up birds with Cheer, and attack porky with Red and Matilda, which can do full damage without the dodge ability. Repeat this step until porky is dead.

That’s my strategy. No potions used. For the other 4 waves, it just depends on rage chili, critical hits, and the Dragon Breath affect from Red. This strategy has always worked for me. See if it works for you.

-Red

Red
    @james1562

Try to do wave battles that have treasure chests when you finish they give about 15 snoutlings.

Another way is to do the Daily Dungeons. I always thought they were hard but when I played them they were easy, except for the ghost ship, and the volcano. Porktuga was pretty easy for me. Don’t use druid there as they’re immune to harmful effects. Princess and Priest could be good. I used Red’s Paladin headgear and PiggyMccool as I don’t have any other friends. Use matilda’s chili heal only when you have harmful effects on you. Use Piggy Mccools heal when you don’t have harmful effects because it fills your chili rage by 35%. Red’s Paladin hat is also good for healing especially with the priest. But you need the red key for Priest. At the last battle use rage chili’s on red to attack the Boss. Whenever he summons the pigs try to kill one or both of them. Red is strong enough to kill one (for me he is) I would use rage chili’s for healing so only use them for when you’re really in trouble. (I forgot where Paladin is unlocked.) Piggy Mccool is very good for snoutlings he got me about 150 in a dungeon.

Golden pig gives you about 5 snoutlings or 15 if you get the treasure chests.

Another way to get more snoutlings is to fight the Wealthy Rogue he gives 50 snoutlings but you have to be lucky as he is hard to find in levels.

Red
    @redftw

What do you know? Another red bird…

KillerKea
    @killerkea

That strategy won’t work for most people because they don’t have the same sets as you. It is much better to use spies or any version of chuck so you can easily take out all the healing bombs.

Red
    @redftw

@killerkea Well, I have my ways. People may not have the same sets as me, but I’m just sharing my ideas.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mindset83 — Your strategy works well if you are willing to pay enough attention to the game to stop the battle at the last wave. I’ve done it several times today. However, I still like using McCool on the daily dungeon because you can start and forget. Trying your strat with all auto-play — looks like it can’t get through the 3rd wave, so the rewards are small.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

A good strategy for King Pig’s castle is Wizard, Spies and Druid. I can put it on auto play and they will eventually beat all 5 waves. However the AI is pretty stupid so you are better off playing wave 5 manually because sometimes it makes the Spies use glee instead destroying the remaining bomb so the enemies get back to full health. Another dumb thing it does is it has the Druid heal every round so if Prince Porky is the last enemy the only way he ever takes damage is when the Wizard uses his speed of light attack.

Mindset
    @mindset83

@mvnla2

I guess it depends on what equipment you are using. I always made it to the final round on auto play and even when foregetting to check on the game, I was able to win even after a few turns on the final round that I missed out on.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@mindset83 — Maybe I wasn’t clear. I was always able to get to the 3rd wave on auto-play and able to make it through the 3rd round even if I didn’t stop auto-play right at the beginning. However, it takes longer, and if you leave it too long on auto-play, your birds are likely to be killed. I only tried total auto-play 1 or 2 times, and the birds didn’t win.

Strategia55
    @strategia55

I’ve found playing a 10 wave Cave Level affords me the opportunity to get one, maybe two, Wealthy Rouges. Before the final monster is killed on the 10th wave, I simply start the battle over. This enables me to at least replay that particular board and break up the monotony of grinding away on a lower level castle for hours. Sure I may not get the same numbers , but it’s a LOT more enjoyable than killing a 10 coin monster for 3 hours.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Maybe you didn’t catch it above, but King Pig’s castle yields over 300 snoutlings which is more than you’ll get from any dungeon or your 10 wave run with even 5 wealthy rogues. It will also take a lot less time and yield some useful materials.

If you have decent items, you can use my strategy above and put the game in auto play till wave 5 of King Pig’s castle. Just for the hell of it I removed every set item from all my birds and discovered that my strategy still easily works on auto play up to wave 5, but you can easily defeat all the enemies if you take it off auto play when you get to wave 5. My strategy assumes you have elite birds that are level 29. If not, then auto play might not work for all waves but it should still be easy.

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

@killerkea – Actually, the dungeons can get up to 325 just on the loot wheel (which I do almost every time since I have enough Friendship Essence to reroll it), not counting any you get from enemies. And if you use Piggy McCool (which you can’t on King Pig’s Castle), you’ll get even more. Of course you only get one dungeon per day, so King Pig’s is still good, especially since you can use all your own birds and not rely on hiring them. Only annoying part is you need to have a low-damage bird to deal with Prince Porky at the end, so my usual team of Paladin/Wizard/Princess doesn’t work there.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Good point. I didn’t know essence was that easy to get. How much essence do you get per day? The dungeons are generally too tough to complete on auto play so most people probably need to use at least one potion or cake to complete many of the dungeons. Each item you use costs 60 or 75 snoutlings.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.