Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 396 total)
  • Replies
  • birdsarebrilliant
    @avantcourier

@dheemazzz @tobyv
    I actually tried your awesome technique and found that you don’t even have to wait the snoutlings to drop. As soon as the Pirate Captain falls, the rewards (both EXP and $) will be yours. As I have the Golden Chili I can one-shot the captain, and my trial result is ~$60/min. Just in the last hour I earned over 3k snoutlings, faster than anywhere else I would say.

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

I’ve been using Cobalt Plateaus-12 for this. It’s a Wave Battle, but all the waves are super easy (one round each with Wizard, Spies, and anyone else) and it earns an average of 15 snouts per run. And unlike Western Cobalt Plateaus, you often get the Wealthy Pig for an extra 50. I never once got him on WCP.

Jmeredith06
    @jmeredith06

honestly, just replaying dungeons is the fastest I’ve found. I happen to get the Wealthy Pig once every 3 runs or so..I can come out with 375 coins in that run and it only takes me about 5-10 minutes (I’m level 20).

Outside of that the Western Plateau is good and there is a level with a pirate captain that gives 10 just for killing him, then instead of killing the rest just hit restart and kill him that way. Seems efficient and racks them up pretty good.

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

I should add that I was also farming for seeds, for which you do need to finish the battle. If you just kill the one pirate at WCP over and over without finishing, you’ll definitely rack up coins a lot faster, but if you also want seeds, CP-12 seems to be better for that.

I’ll add that if you’re doing the WCP trick, you don’t even need to wait for the coins to drop, or even for the captain to die. Drop the Chili on Red, and then immediately pause and restart. He’ll land the killing blow while the screen fades out and you still get your coins. Saves a good 5 seconds per run. (Only works if you have the Golden Chili of course.)

birdsarebrilliant
    @avantcourier

@squeakymcgee You are correct. I also figured this out a few days ago. But now I don’t need snoutlings anymore. lol

chinolatino
    @chinolatino

I did the same without the chili. I hear the coins as the level restarts. Replaying WCP helped me get to level 25 pretty fast too.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Does anyone know if the frequency of the rich rogue has been drastically reduced in most recent update? Haven’ seen him at all on WCP or CP-12.

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

I get him all the time in CP-12, but never seen him at all in WCP.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@squeakymcg — Which platform are you playing on and which version of Epic? Also, what level are your birds, and how far in the game have you progressed?

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

@mvnla2 – I’m playing on Android, maxed at lvl 25, done pretty much everything except I’m about halfway through Chronicle Cave 4.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@squeakymcgee — Which version of Epic are you paying? How often do you get him on CP-12?

TheAwesome
    @awesomez53

When I play it (latest version), I mostly play Pig Prison. I used 2 birds to finish it.

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

@mvnla2 – 1.0.10 for what its worth – Didn’t think it was possible to play on anything but the latest since it updates itself. As for CP-12? I mean I haven’t been keeping statistics but it seems like every 3rd or 4th run (approximately) I see him in one of the waves. I’ve even seen two of them in one battle before in different waves. But never in WCP – and I must’ve gone through that one thousands of times racking up coins.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@squeakymcg, @all — Anyone know any other good wave levels to play on auto-pilot? Are there any that give more than 15 snoutlings without the wealthy rogue? I’m at level 17, and have several veterans. I’ve tried Cobalt Plateaus – 12, and am now trying Limestone lagoon -1, but it also only gives 15 snoutlings. I switched because I figured I had more than enough seeds for the time being.

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

CP-12 just averages 15 without the wealthy rogue. I’ve seen it as low as 13 and as high as 18. Factor in 3 chances to get the wealthy rogue and the average is probably higher. I haven’t seen any others that come close to being both this lucrative and this easy. But if you’re just after coins, the WCP trick does seem to be the fastest.

(Other than possibly the daily dungeons, but those are only good if you can beat them reliably – as in without potions or you’re just wasting money to get money. For those, I recommend Porktuga, Floating Hoghouse, and Undersea Pyramid. They seem to be the most consistently beatable for me. Volcano Island has too many Dodge enemies mixed in with a few Ironclads which is an evil mix. Ghost Ship and Trick or Treat Castle both feature lots of undead, and Bottomless Cave is all brutes, so they both require getting your timing correct, which means it’s a little harder to reliably get that three-star rating without using potions on the last round.)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Just got 2 wealthy rogues in one battle (different waves) at CP-12!

SoijaPro
    @trollaaja

I find pig prison to be best place to farm for exp and snoutlings as there are three waves and somewhat better wealthy rogue spawn rate than most of the other levels (i dont know if this is correct or is it just me but i find that place to be best just an opinion )plus you get rocks there too i am level 18 and i use elite paladin veteran wizard and elite rogues.

Squeaky McGee
    @squeakymcgee

I actually think that most wave battles are good for this now. I’ve been trying out Pumpkin Plateau – 1 and it seems to be pretty decent as well. (Averaged around 19 per run, not counting Wealthy Rogues.) Of course, if you’re not high enough level to be able to win in one round on each wave, it’s probably not worth it. So just pick a wave battle which has stuff you want on the loot wheel and try it out to see if you can reliably beat it with out much effort, and you’re golden. Best is if you go for one behind a Friendship Gate where you can hire Piggy McCool to leech more coins. Just restart the battle over and over again until you have enough. Don’t leave or you’ll have to wait 12 hours to hire him again.

wgrazioli
    @grazioli

As of today I can’t replay the daily dungeons anymore…..does this happened to anyone else ? Rats…..

Strategia55
    @strategia55

The new version removed the unlimited replay of dungeons.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

My criteria for racking up snoutlings:
    1) A level that gives lots of snoutlings on auto-play. The dungeons are actually good for this, even though you probably won’t complete the level. Be sure to use McCool, who gives you 2 snoutlings per attack. You can set and forget, and just come back to restart when you are passing by your device. If you don’t pay any attention you are likely to miss a rich rogue or two. I think it is volcano island that gives you 7 snoutlings as a consolation prize. You can probably use this strat even with the newest update, because you aren’t completing the level.
    CP-12 is also pretty good for this.
    2) A level that you might have to actively play to rack up snoutlings. Haven’t tried this with the dungeons yet, because I think you will have much better luck borrowing a very strong bird from a friend. Western Cobalt Plateaus falls into this category, so I haven’t used it for farming.

Snoutlings
    @jlatham

Best way is to do Cave 1 Shaking Hall 2. The level has 5 waves you only play for about 1 1/2 of those waves since you can’t survive the second one. The first wave should have 1 frankenpig, 1 Pigmy shooter and 2 Tiny pigs. A Rague pig also appear with an almost 10% chance. I made about 600 snoutlings and almost 1000xp in a short amount of time.
    I used…

Veteran Driod
    Rainbird
    Piggy Mc’Cool

Use your rainpig’s attack once after that use him to heal your birds every round. For the first three rounds use the Driod on everyone. Once you hit everyone except the Frankenpig use the Druid bird to heal. Use piggy on the Pigmy shooter till he’s dead then us him to kill the rest of the Tiny pigs. Once all you have left is the Frankenpig use Piggy to hit him and just use the other birds for healing so you can get the most money. When you get to the second wave you should have 1 full chili and all birds at full health. Use the chili on the Rainbird then use the other birds on the main pig. Once you lose any one of your birds pause the game and restart. You will have Piggy again so just repeat what you did previously. The wealthy rogue bird will appear on the first wave but not the second. Just keep repeating that till you reach how ever much money you need. But remember you want be able to do this again for 12hrs.

cml67
    @cml67

I was playing king pig’s castle yesterday and was getting about 140 snoutlings per run.

cml67
    @cml67

update, the last three times I played I did not get any snoutlings or xp from stage five. did rovio take this away?

Mindset
    @mindset83

Been playing King Pig’s Castle and got 100 snoutlings a piece for all 3 pigs on the last wave. Racked up about 3000 snoutlings in an hour and moved up quite a few levels especially with the double exp bonus.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.