Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 326 through 350 (of 396 total)
  • Replies
  • KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea It won’t be quite that much, but it will still be a lot. The damage will be based on Bombs arena explode damage value, with the 30% bonus from Skulkers. The multiplier to work out the healing is the banner plus the number of enemy birds active at the time (I.e. not knocked out).

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon Another to get healing to ridiculous levels is to use Matilda’s Sweet set, the Blessed set, Sugar Rush set and Skulkers. Now my Sea Dog would heal 4345 per strike when the Sugar Rush bonus kicks in.

1337 * 1.25 * 2 * 1.3 = 4345

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Just want to reiterate that if you’re interested in mastery in addition to snoutlings, the most time efficient place is Cobalt Plateau Castle.

@mvnla2, yeah, but you need more interaction at CPC, don’t you think? If you’re trying to just do automated runs to limit yourself to pushing the replay and play buttons (while doing something completely different like watching a movie or something), it makes more sense to stick to SRC. It offers decent mastery and much faster snoutlings. I think the speed in which you can autoplay the whole castle at src also speeds up the mastery for complete automated runs.

If someone’s willing to interact continuously, your strategy of bombing the first level of CPC is *veryextremely* efficient for mastery, but snoutlings gathering is much more time consuming due to the last level. That one limits your birds selection for automated play and thus defeats the purpose a bit for getting specific classes leveled up in combination with snoutlings.

The speed of gathering snoutlings also chips into the strategy for buying upgrades at the dojo, since that’s where most mastery comes from.

Btw, to get all my birds to 10, i used your strategy to bomb CPC a lot. It really helps with the precision to get specific birds a few hundred mastery closer to a target.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Larry — I’ve been playing CPC totally on autoplay. If I notice I stop before the last wave and restart. If not, I let it complete. I’m at level 41 and my birds are all now 9 and 10, but even when they were 8, I just ran with the birds that were my highest priority at the moment. They definitely get through the first 4 waves, and almost all the time get through the last. I had over 90K in snoutlings in Jan, but have mostly been coasting since then. However, even buying all the Dojo offerings, I still have 58K snoutlings.

@mvnla2, Playing only the first waves definitely gives more mastery and faster, but wasn’t there a conclusion somewhere that SRC and CPC would both give similar mastery when playing through all the way to the end? If that is the case, would SRC not work faster?

I fully agree with you when it comes to bombing the first level. I’m just saying it’s a more hands-on approach (with significant rewards)…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Just realized I posted in wrong forum. Sorry.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@kerravon @killerkea @anyone– Here is yet another useful thread started by someone who is now inactive. Would be nice if someone would take over the thread and summarize the useful info. We can probably get BirdLeader to change the owner, if someone is willing to do this.

@Dr_Ishmael
    — I didn’t include you because I twisted your arm into taking on the Golden Pig thread.
    @all — I’m not volunteering myself, because I already do the Mastery thread for this forum, plus a few other things like Members’ Map and Unstable Levels.
    I just got all classes to rank 10, so am back to farming for snoutlings at SRC, and looking for the most efficient team. I see @KillerKea suggested a team above. Does everyone agree that it is the best?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KillerKea — Just timed your suggested team in SRC. It took less than 2.5 min to finish. I only timed one, and didn’t time many to see how long the entire process takes.
    The team I am using at KillerKea’s suggestion is
    Wizard with Twin Lightning
    Capt’n with Scissors
    Spies with Beep Attack
    All are rank 10 with sets at level 41

firedragon
    @mingkee27

I think I discovered another good combo
    Red/Samurai with Dragon set or Bomb/Cannoneer with Sugar Rush set
    Chuck/Lightning bird with Phoenix set (removing beneficial effect)
    Blue Trio/Marksmen with Beep set
    You can make 12 hits in one round (6 from Samurai/Cannoneer + 2 from Lightning Bird + 4 from Marksmen), or make 16 hits when you let Lightning Bird push Samurai or Cannoneer, on a single enemy. Moreover, this combo can attack multiple targets for extra damage.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mvnla2 That team worked well for me, but most people won’t have all those sets. A group that has Red with Dragon Tooth would probably work well too. I averaged about 3 minutes with Wizard, Captain and Spies, but I didn’t have any sets for Bomb at the time which is why you can do it faster than me. I haven’t farmed SRC for more than a month because once you get all your birds to rank 10 you don’t need snoutlings anymore.

Neomerlinmagic
    @neomerlinmagic

My favorite place is Star Reef Castle to rack up snoutlings!

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 Another quick combination for SRC is Bard (Sweet), Wizard (Twin lightning) and Tricksters (BEEP). I haven’t timed it precisely, but it is on par with Wizard, Spies and Capt’n.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KillerKea — Boy am I slow on realizing what all classes at rank 10 means. I guess I am assuming that there will be something to buy in the future with snoutlings. They are still useful for buying potions, but what am I going to do with potions if Rovio doesn’t give the maxed out player some new content? Potions have been useful at times for the events, but why do I want to play an event if all I’m going to get is a few snoutlings?

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I still like to play the events to see the new enemies Rovio created. However I try to stay below 2 stars so other people who need mastery can get those awards so I’ll never respin or spend stamina potions.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Actually, you can buy potions and cakes with “excess” snoutings.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

When you get level 41 rank 10 birds with lots of good sets you don’t need to use many potions, cakes or chili. You can’t use any of those in the arena and that is about the only thing left to do since they haven’t added other content for a long time.

I have over 1000 healing potions because I bought a lot when they go on sale for 50 and still continue to buy them when on sale. I’d have 150-200 more if I watched the daily free potion video. A long time ago I told people how to make Piggy McCool sell you 5 healing potions for 50 snoutlings. All you had to do was make sure you had 11 of every ingredient in your inventory. That way the only thing that would go on sale were the healing potions and sales would occur every 30-45 minutes, but this trick no longer works.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@kerravon @killerkea @larry @partshade @neomerlinmagic This thread desperately needs someone to take it over (we can get Birdleader to change the owner). This thread needs someone to summarize the important info on the main post.

Anonymous

@mvnla2 Man I just don’t know if this is something I can do or not. I mean I’m good with guides and tips but not so much statistics and graphs.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

Ultimate trick to earn snoutlings : manage to be first in arena’s wooden league to earn 1400 snouting. Next week, DO NOT play to be ranked back on week 3 from rock to wood and do the same again. You earn easily 700 snouts/week. Useful if you don’t have time to farm…

mich
    @m-ich

@zackvoyager Surely the effort required to make it to #1 in woold league is higher than auto-playing SRC 10 times? It may be different when you’re below level 41 (you would need around 20 SRC runs at lower levels to get 1400 points), but if you are max level and your birds are good enough to reach #1 in wood league, they are also strong enough to farm Star Reef Castle. Plus, you get mastery points, and can play in the arena however you like.

Zack Voyager
    @zackvoyager

@m-ich Yes, since I’m level 20, I wasn’t talking about lv 41 players.

@kerravon @killerkea @mvnla2 @partshade @neomerlinmagic, I wish I could and I’d love to, but I really don’t have the time for it anymore. I’m in a whirlwind of work in the foreseeable future. As mentioned in the other thread, I can assist with prepping and minimal editing all the good material with html for readability in this forum but that’s pretty much it. After that, someone else should be the owner since I’m already slowly slipping away from this forum.

I hope someone will be able to do some work on this. It won’t take much, just consolidate existing info in this thread into the first post. Most of it is already written after all. A few hours at most for someone who’s a bit skilled in writing…

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@kerravon @killerkea @larry @partshade @neomerlinmagic — Eureka! KillerKea is writing a summary of this thread.
    I sent a PM to BL, but haven’t heard back.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 I am sure that is news to @killerkea

I will send a message to birdleader to confirm.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 326 through 350 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.