Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 396 total)
  • Replies
  • greatleo
    @greatleo

@dr_ishmael Thanks for your last posting. I think I get it now. From your investigation, is it the case that all (or perhaps most) pigs have the potential to give the same # of mastery points (perhaps with the exception of bosses)?

Given that, it seems then that a simple strategy would be to do as @toothgnasher managed to figure out: wipe out a bunch of pigs in a small amount of time, and play the odds for mastery.

BTW, what does a “Mastery Ribbon” look like?

Thanks again.

greatleo
    @greatleo

@dr_ishmael Re: the Master ribbon, never mind. I see them now.

greatleo
    @greatleo

@dr_ishmael @toothgnasher Wow. OK, now I *really* understand it. In less than a half hour I got 882 mastery points for my Knight, Priestess and Berserker in Cobalt Pig Castle.

The first wave has a Big Boss, a Bird Catcher, and 4 Stick Pigs. For the first several tries, I took out the entire wave. Bomb’s Explode took out the weaker 4 pigs, but Big Boss always needed two or three more hits before losing. At that point I had to wait for the next wave to load.

It then occurred to me that since it’s more or less an issue of probabilities, then quickly restarting after the Explode might give faster mastery increase. This seems to bear it out.

Again, thanks Ishmael for your patience.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@greatleo Most pigs drop the same amount that increases with pig level (7 at level 41). Some pigs drop double that amount. I haven’t compiled a complete listing yet, but I’m fairly certain that all variants of these pigs are included.

• Brute
    • Knight
    • Mustache
    • Shaman
    • Wizard (white mustache)

“Big” versions of basic pig types also drop double mastery, including Corporal and Banshee, as well as all “boss” pigs like Porky and Wizpig. (I haven’t done much research outside of the castles.)

As for your new farming strategy, good job! If you’ve got the time and the patience to sit there repeatedly restarting that wave, it’s definitely the most efficient for just farming mastery. I usually just let my birds loose on auto-play while I do other stuff and restart whenever I notice that they’re on the final wave.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Gaah! Please stop highjacking forums for discussing different topics! I’ve been out of town for 2! days, and all is chaos. Please post discussions about mastery in the mastery forum, not in the snoutlings forum. I will create a new forum for maximum damage, and hopefully the people who highjacked the mastery forum will post there.
    I will try to summarize your comments in this thread when I have time, but it would really help if you would post your current thoughts on mastery in the mastery forum.
    Thanks!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

While I’m using SRC to work on mastery for my birds, I’ve collected some data on which teams have a high probability of completing SRC on auto-play, thus getting the 100 snoutlings for Wizpig. I’ve collected data on some of the teams, but you need quite a bit of data to make reliable conclusions. I noticed that one of the teams I was trying seemed to lose most of the time, so started collecting data. Wouldn’t you know, they immediately started winning most of the time? I think any team you try will lose occasionally (<5% of the time). Anyway, here are the teams I’ve tried and their ratings. TBC (to be confirmed) means that I don’t have good data.
    Good Tricksters Captain pickpocket Druid honey
    Poor TBC Thunderbird time jump Princess Yin/Yang SeaDog pickpocket
    Good Thunderbird twin lightning Princess Yin/Yang Captain pickpocket
    Good Princess Yin/Yang Sea Dod pickpocket Tricksters plushies
    Good Princess Yin/Yang Sea Dod pickpocket Tricksters mixed set
    Good Rainbird twin lightning Sea Dog pickpocket Tricksters
    Med TBC Paladin 9 dragon scale Princess 8 Yin/Yang Captain 8 pickpocket Tends to get stuck on 4th wave ~30%
    Good Paladin 9 dragon scale Princess 8 Yin/Yang Tricksters 8 mixed set
    Good Paladin 9 dragon scale Druid 8 Yin/Yang Sea Dog 9 sugar rush

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Haven’t you noticed a pattern yet? Teams without a dispeller are not going to do well in auto play mode. That is why I said you need one or a Samurai on your team. If all your birds are level 8 or higher with good equipment, then you can watch the video to gain the 10% bonus and use your heavy hitters to beat WizPig with brute force by killing him before he ever gets the chance to attack a second time. Most people probably forgot or didn’t read that the 10% bonus sticks with you if you keep replaying the battle since I still see people mentioning that they don’t watch the video.

Most people aren’t mastery level 8+ on all their birds so they can’t use a brute force technique. Also brute force doesn’t work for me every time, but it would easily work if I had better equipment. Today I blew another 30 LC on the rainbow riot and got a level 41 RC Robot which was well worth those 30 LC to upgrade my set. I also just got both my Tricksters and Spies to level 9 so they do almost as much damage as my Sea Dog. My Tricksters now does 1094 and my spies does 930/383. Just a day ago my damage was 150+ points less. My level 8 Sea Dog does 1113.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KillerKea — My data is consistent with your comments. I was trying primarily for mastery, so was using the birds highest on my list for increasing mastery. It doesn’t always work that well for snoutlings if mastery is your primary consideration in choosing teams.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’m glad I used all my LC on spins during rainbow riot because I accidentally hit the 75 LC purchase in the dojo again when buying training today. I’m not happy I only got 1 set item after about 30 spins and my guaranteed item was a duplicate. I only have 4 level 41 set items – 2 Chronometers, 1 Plushies and 1 RC Robot. I wish they’d do something like let us have a confirm switch in the settings when spending LC.

For mastery I generally choose a good team that has 2 birds I want to level up, but currently I have 5 level 8 birds I’m working on that make a strong team. Samurai w/grand slam, Princess or Bard w/Nightmare and Wizard or Lightning Bird w/Chronos. Samurai isn’t always great to use in place of a dispeller because sometimes he’ll use the chili when you want him to use the shield, but with Lightning Bird also in the party you rarely get hit with WizPig’s double damage attack.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Sutekh137 — Here’s the thread on snoutlings. This one is best read starting with most recent.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

I burn snoutlings on mastery, and LCs on Rainbow Riot.

Silleck
    @silleck

The best for me to get snoutlings is definitely SRC
    Paladin level 7 mastery
    Wizard level 8 mastery
    and trickster level 7 mastery
    just hit auto play and that’s it
    I can finish a run in about 3 minutes

2000 snoutlings an hour give or take 250ish

Valtyron
    @valtyron

@silleck this works incredible well thanks for sharing this

Anonymous

This should really be revived.

kyododom
    @kyododom

@silleck – This is helpful, thanks.
    Swapping Tricksters for Captain is another possibility, and I’ve found that Lvl8 Paladin & Captain are strong enough to cover my Thunderbird’s relative weakness (Lvl4 when I started SRC auto-play after reading yr. post and now Lvl5) so anyone wanting to rack up snoutlings and increase Thunderbird’s mastery on auto-play should definitely consider this combination. Hasn’t failed once.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Your best team depends a lot on your set items. Red’s Dragon Breath, Chuck’s Twin Lightning, Bomb’s Scissors and Blue’s BEEP attack are probably the best sets to use to clear SRC out quickly. I use Wizard, Captain and Spies to do it in 3 min.

firedragon
    @mingkee27

The best place of collecting snouting is definitely Star Reef Castle, but make sure you take Bomb/Captain or any character who has dispel ability as the Wizpig has very strong power up spell.
    Moreover, you may want a lot of peppers and restoration item as well if your level isn’t good enough.
    However, if you have 41/8, you can use auto mode, but make sure you don’t let the screen timeout.

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

Actually if you enter SRC with Red equipped with Protector’s aura set items then you dont need any birds that dispell, because wizpig’s attack wont be strong enough to kill your birds. For SRC I use paladin, wizard and spies and it always works.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

For me, Wizard (Lightning) & Spies (BEEP!) are helping build up Mastery on Sea Dog (Scissors). Blues dispel Wizpig. Otherwise, Paladin (Dragon), Samurai (Hammers) or Cannon are great for the 3rd spot.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

My birds are all rank 10. I can use Wizard (Twin Lightning), Spies (BEEP) and Captain (Sugar Rush) and complete SRC in 3 min and that includes waiting for things to load and watching the video until you can cancel it. The other Bomb sets are better to use, but I don’t have either of them yet.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea Have you watched your Sugar Rush set closely. I have the set for my secondary game (now Level 16) which I am running on a small android tablet. I am not sure if this is an android system bug or is specific to my device. But I am seeing healing levels of 100% of the damage done (i.e. not 50%). And when I use Bombs explode ability, I get this damage multiplied by the number of enemies. E.g., for an explosion of 491 damage against 3 opponents, I get a healing value of 1472. This is the number displayed on the screen, so I can’t confirm whether this is the actual healing achieved. But the value of 100% of damage done for a normal attack seems correct (based on what I see with the health bar underneath the birds).

firedragon
    @mingkee27

Yes, the candy set for Bomb/Captain is the best to beat Wizpig. I had a chance to gain 10000 HP with 7 enemies.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon I reported the Sugar Rush bug to Rovio over a month ago before I even had the set because it was quite frustrating fighting enemies who would suddenly get all or most of their health back when it is only supposed to be 50%, but now that I have the set I don’t mind as much. Still it seems a bit too powerful since it easily turns the tide in a fight especially since my Sea Dog can do 1700 damage each strike since I like using Skulkers with him. I didn’t know the Explode healed that much because I don’t use Bomb’s explode too often, but I’ll try using it more.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea I am pretty sure I saw it work for an opponent team last night when Sea Dog did an explode attack. But it wasn’t such a big deal as I had rage shield (to halve the damage) and he was the only opponent bird still standing.

I would never have noticed it without the arena. And who would have reported this as a bug when playing the normal game when this set offers such an advantage.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@kerravon I never would have reported it if it wasn’t for the arena. My L41 rank 10 Sea Dog with L41 Sugar Rush set does 1337 damage and with Skulkers it goes up to 1738 damage. I wonder if I get the Blessed Blanket to complete my set if it will heal everyone 3476. Now imagine using explode with a fully healed Sea Dog and everyone could potentially be healed 4 * 3476 = 13,904. That seems over powered to me. I’m not sure if a banner can have that much health. The max health for Red is currently 4081 unless they fix the bug preventing you from using more than one vitality item.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 301 through 325 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.