Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 396 total)
  • Replies
  • But what if ads appear?

Paladin
    @jsant

Thanks so much everyone for the advice on SRC. I have been farming snoutlings with Paladin + Lightningbird in the Chronicle Caves (10-round fights). Going through SRC has quadrupled the amount of snoutlings I can get in an hour. I was using Paladin (Mastery 9 Dragon Set), Lightningbird (Mastery 9 Twin Lightning Set), and Tricksters (Mastery 8 Robot Set). This setup let me do a round every 3.5-4 minutes. I was able to hit 3 minutes with the 10% boost from the occasional ad. Now Paladin has hit rank 10 so I swapped him out for the Cleric.

pkstl
    @paulknappstl

I recently decided to start a new ABE game…hindsight being 20/20 I wanted to use LC more effectively and purchase Paladin. My first game (Level 41) is still giving 100+ Snoutlings at SRC. However, my new game (Level 19) is only giving 40+ at SRC. Do you have to be at a certain level to start getting the 100+? I don’t understand why one of my games would give 100+ but not the other…anyone have any thoughts on this?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@paulknappstl — Compare the level an type of opponents you see in SRC. The amount of snoutlings does depend on the type of opponents you battle. Opponents in SRC level up to keep up with your birds.
    It’s possible that there might be a better place for lower level players, but don’t know where. Might be some clues in earlier posts, but a lot of battles have changed in recent updates.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@paulknappstl Per the research by others (@dr_ishmael), the number of mastery points you get scales with the game level. I wouldn’t be surprised if snoutlings awarded also scale up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tBYPRDsZDOFcC7yMvGe113qVYMpHDCb3tzOMNV2G_4s/edit?usp=sharing

You have to be level 37 or greater to get the current highest mastery. At level 19, you get less than half the mastery per battle. I discovered that to get from level 37 to 41 you can do it in about 20 hours of game play.

pkstl
    @paulknappstl

@mvnla2 @toothgnasher Thanks to both of you for the input. I figured that had to be the case. The enemies that constitute SRC at both levels are identical as well as matching my birds’ levels, therefore, the only logical conclusion is that the rewards are scaled as well. I just wanted to be sure it wasn’t some kind of bug. It’s still a very worthwhile run at level 19, no better spot to farm exp or snoutlings.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@toothgnasher I hadn’t thought of that, but based on @paulknappstl’s experience, it certainly sounds plausible. Level 19 Wizpig only drops 40 snoutlings, while level 41 Wizpig drops 100.

I have noticed that most pigs drop snoutlings randomly, similar to mastery points – sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t. I *think* that when they do, each type of pig always drops the same amount, but the amount varies much more by the type of pig than mastery does. That’s why I haven’t tried to track snoutlings the way I did mastery points yet.

Razorblade
    @razorblade

When you get the rage chili to start on your level, pick a one-wave battle anywhere.
    Most give 5-6 snoutlings per play.
    I start a game, in the first second i put the rage chili on bomb. I then immediately hit pause (before he explodes), restart the game and wait for the next one to start.
    Note: make sure all enemies get killed by this one explosion! you don’t have to wait for the snoutlings to appear, they will be added for sure!
    This takes between 10-12 seconds per round. Equals 30-36 snoutlings per minute.
    In one hour i can make about 1800-2100 snoutlings plus 500 from the pig that carries 50.
    THAT’S 2500 SNOUTLINGS PER HOUR, while watching TV and hitting three buttons every 10-12 seconds! even SRC can’t beat that :)
    i did notice you won’t get a lot of mastery this way, but you can buy it with the fast earned snouts!

Greetings,
    Razorblade

Paladin
    @jsant

If you can get SRC down to 3 minutes, you can match this with a lot less focus required… but that is a damn good trick.

Razorblade
    @razorblade

agreed, but most might not be so strong yet.
    not so long ago, the Western Cobalt Plateaus gave 10 snoutlings per play.
    i earned 5000 each hour doing it this way. too bad they tweaked it :)

CrumpledStories
    @crumpledstories

When you guys play SCR, do you do the whole level or just certain waves? Asking because I’m a rather low level (25) and the auto play cannot beat wizpig. Perhaps there is another level that is better for lower levels snoutling farming?

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@crumpledstories — Not sure if there is a better level for you. I am level 41, and have a lot of set items as well as most birds at level 7, 8, and 9. Somewhere in this thread is a suggestion for the best team to use if your primary goal is farming snoutlings. My observation is that auto-play is not very good with red. It helps to have a dispeller on your team, such as Captain.
    [Edit] — Forgot to mention that it is really useful to arm bomb with the pickpocket set, if you are fortunate enough to have it. I use it even though it is fairly old and weak.
    I’ve been using SRC on auto-play to collect snoutlings and level up with whichever set of birds is highest in priority on my need-to-level-up list. SRC works pretty well with most sets, but a lot of them have fairly low probability of beating Wizpig. If I notice that the game is stuck, I restart it; otherwise I get a pile of sand for losing, which isn’t that bad a deal, since I have tons of most potion resources except for sand.

Paladin
    @jsant

Hi @crumpledstories!

Please do me a favor and this this bird combo:

– Paladin
    – Lightning Bird
    – Tricksters

Put it on auto-play and let me know how far you are able to get at level 25. We’ll take it from there =)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@jsant — You need to include the “@” in front of someones name or they will not get e-mail notification. Also, I notice that @crumpledstories name is longer than displays correctly on my screen.

CrumpledStories
    @crumpledstories

Hi @jsant and @mvnla2, thanks for the replies. Sadly, I do not have any sets at this moment. Most of my birds are level 5 and 6 and I have all classes except for Sea Dog. I have tried the level with the build you have suggested (jsant) and I am able to consistently get to either the second last wave (or rarely) the last wave. However, I am not able to beat wizpig. Should I just leave it on until my birds die? Or quit after a specific wave number? Or perhaps there is another place for better snoutling farming? My main concern right now is snoutlings, however, I am looking at farming XP and mastery in the future so if there is a level that provides an adaquate amount of all the above I would be willing to try it.

Paladin
    @jsant

Darn :/ Build lots of friends and try doing Chronicle Caverns Cave 2 – Level 8. This is a good “set-it-and-forget-it” 10 wave level for farming snoutlings. I was doing it with 2 decked out birds before I found this thread and moved to SRC. Plus, your friends will love you since they will get bonus FE when you use their birds.

CrumpledStories
    @crumpledstories

Thanks for the suggestion! I will go try that now :)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@crumpledstories — Here are some useful links for mastery and snoutlings:

Mastery Points

Angry Birds Epic Guide To Experience Stars (Updated 2/1/2021)

When I was at a much lower level, I found the caves to be extremely difficult. You may really need to increase your experience level and the level of your birds before you will make much headway. Caves that you can beat are a good place for experience and mastery. See the experience forum (linked above) for increasing the experience you get from any battle.

Nytmair
    @nytmair

I also am too low level’d (lvl 20 :()to auto-play SRC sadly… I usually go with either Mouth Pool (10 wave with a treasure chest in the wheel) or Desert Pig Castle since I can go those both on auto. I’m sure there are better options out there until I can auto SRC, but I’m not sure.

CrumpledStories
    @crumpledstories

Thanks for the links @mvnla2!

@nytmair
    , low levels unite! I have tried the levels you suggested but I still prefer SRC. I usually just put it on auto play (with Princess, Samurai, and Lightning Bird). When I get stuck at around the second last wave, I turn off the auto play and manually play. This build can beat WizPig, so I usually just let the auto-play finish the level for me. I usually don’t let it run too long, I stop autoplaying after the 2X rested experience bonus has been used up. Leveled up from 25-29 in these past few days!

Thanks for all the advice guys!

Nytmair
    @nytmair

@crumpledstories- I tried princess, samurai and lightning bird and was murdered hah . Switched to paladin, druid and wizard bird. Still can’t make it through on auto but once got to the final wave! I will prob need to wait to get a few more levels under my belt :(

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Personally, I just farmed Star Reef Castle, decent payout once you finish

Anonymous

I find it hard to get any Rested Bonus EXP because after I wait a while when I check back instead of giving me the sword it say “Your Device Has Been Synchronized. The Latest Game Progress is Available.” Its all the time! Not just every once in a while. Also I already had the latest game progress available. :P

Paladin
    @jsant

It’s crazy how much mastery makes a difference in Star Reef Castle. I finally got a second bird to Level 10, and was able to beat it on autoplay with 2 birds and three stars: Paladin and Lightningbird, both Level 10. I’m pretty sure that two months ago at the maximum level I could not have autoplayed it consistently with any combination of three birds.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Gathering snoutlings in AB EPIC?

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 396 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.