Good Block, Evil BLock – New Event!

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Good Block, Evil BLock – New Event!

Viewing 16 replies - 76 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • Replies
  • ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

@cheeto

It’s all out discrimination against the color blind, thoughtless and just plain mean to over look those of us with this handy cap. How dare they create a event that to you did not want us to play. Thanks for nothing.

Sorry, I don’t see this event that way. Ok, I don’t have the color-blind issue, but the game was never tagged as color-blind friendly. I’m really sorry that you can’t participate, but the game was always colorful, and always had those colored blocks in many events.

Also, it seems that it is not a problem for everyone with the color-blind issue, as I’ve seen @poptimus stating is his comment a few posts above.

Optimus_Pig
    @optimuspig

@datguygamer

The problem is, you can only Overpower if your TF is featured in that event.

So how many times does EGL appear in an event?  Three times a year?  Four?

It’s going to take a while to get to L25.

L25 on it’s own still requires 18,000 tokens, which I don’t think is practical even in a six day event.

Anonymous

@ramonpontes @cheeto

I wanted to add some context for both of you regarding the color-blindness issue.

As I stated previously, I can tell the “evil” blocks apart from the others, but I can’t tell the “good” blocks apart from the ice blocks well enough in real time to discern between them fast enough to make a determination as to whether or not it’s a good idea to try to pick specific blocks to shoot out of a larger structure of mixed block types. If a structure is half “evil,” and the other half is either “good”/wood or ice, and I know there’s a gold block hidden behind it, then it’s a problem – it would be in my best interest to blast all of it in order to get the gold block if the other half of the structure is “good”/wood, but I’d most likely end up losing points if the other half is ice blocks. (I understand this ignores the fact that the optimal strategy is to cherry-pick the non-“evil” blocks, but I’m using this example to illustrate my point, because sometimes there’s not enough time to cherry-pick in that manner, since Energon Grimlock is so fast, and since there are sometimes too many structures on screen at once to pick through them so specifically.)

In addition to that, not all color-blindness works the same way. Some folks have more severe versions of it than others. I know there are people in the world who literally only see in grey-scale. For them, I can see how it might not even be possible to tell the “evil” blocks apart from the others, as I’m able to do.

I’m sure it wasn’t Rovio’s/Exient’s intention to discriminate against color-blind people, but it is a little bit surprising that it’s not an issue they considered before implementing this type of event. I know it was complained about in some of the earlier events, when certain colored blocks were worth more than others, and weren’t easy to tell apart, so it’s kind of a known issue already. And of course, this event is much more punitive to people who can’t tell the colors apart than those previous events were!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

@optimuspig I understand that but the way these events work now, I thinkany robot will be fatured more than 3 times per year. I think they will increase token levels again after a while to compenate for the overpower stuff. I have a hunch that they will do that.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I would really consider sending a ticket to Rovio Support, stating this issue. Maybe they are not even aware they caused this kind of trouble. I believe that they can solve this kind of issue easily just by switching some color schemes.

Please, understand, I’m not defending them. I also have many complaints about past events, but in this case I really believe this was not intentionally.

Anonymous

@ramonpontes

Don’t worry, I didn’t think you were defending them unreasonably!

Meanwhile, on the ABT Daily Players group on Facebook, there’s a regular visitor from Exient who acknowledged the issue and confirmed it would be fixed for the next time they run an event like this, so there’s not really any need to submit a ticket myself. (He even solicited advice on how to handle it from the group, and the consensus seemed to be black blocks for “evil” and white blocks for “good,” with some other color as the third block type.)

moi
    @moifirst

On the last day of this event there are no longer any evil blocks. This day only the wooden blocks (with wood color) are the good blocks.
    Correction: The red blocks are still the evil ones, but now both the green and wooden blocks are the good ones. I was misguided by the picture of wooden blocks as target. And because of the previous discussion of the difficulties, that people suffering from color blindness, were having with this event, I was thinking that Rovio/Exient had solved it in this way.

My mistake!

datguygamer
    @datguygamer

So far so good, EGL and EG is overpowered (along with gems). Now for sparks.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

This last day is very promissing. Two kind of blocks as bonus, the scores will be very high.

I’ve already overpowered EGL twice, and the next tokens will be used to buy the missing accessories.

CD
    @bartiedog

I will so happy when this event is over.  I play this game to blow things up.  It’s a stress reliever.  Not being able to blast everything is no fun and actually more stressful.  I’ve played very little of this event.

indead
    @indead

I think this was one of the Best events, plenty of days, with lots of items to spend tokens on. For sure one of the most challenging!

moi
    @moifirst

@indead Indeed, nothing but good things to say about this event. (My apologies for this very bad pun.)
    What surprised me the most (in a positive way) was the readjustment of the token awards shortly after the start of this event.

ramonpontes
    @ramonpontes

I personally had a very good incoming in this event.

In Tokens, I could earn:
    8000 – 1st ovepower to EGL
    9000 – 2nd overpower for EGL
    1000 – 1 accessory for Scorponok
    950 – 1 accessory for EGL
    420 – minor spark canister
    90 – goes to the trash, I will not add gems to buy another spark canister.

Total: 19.460 tokens.

It is more than 3.200 tokens per day. Also I had very few gem spent on recharges, usually 1 or 2 recharges per day, except day 4, that I recharged 4 times. I really cannot complain about this event.

jgo95
    @jgo95

When this event started I did not like it. My two main bots are Ratchet and Dead End, both good for blowing up everything. After a frustrating Day 1 I was going to pass on this event until I started using EGL. After promoting him from 20% to 90% and with the reduced token levels this event was very fruitful…not as fruitful as @ramonpontes but I was able to get Scorponok and 1 accessory. I did have to recharge a few times but it was worth it rather than make up missing tokens with gems.
    Overall I ended up liking this event and looking forward to how they tweak it in the future.

Luis C.
    @luis-carlo-arocha

Nice… with this event I managed to get all EGL and all Scorponok accesories, overpowered EGL to Lvl 16, and grab de medium and small spark canisters…!!!  :)

The event was somewhat fun and very profitable although I was lucky enough that EGL starred this event since he and ESS are the only two bots of mine that are Lvl 15 and purple diamond promoted (+440 bonus), had it been with any of my other puny bots this event would have been a bust.

Well, I was able to unlock Scorponok, but I couldn’t earn enough tokens to instant upgrade Energon Grimlock and still be able to get the sparks, so, instead, I decided to get the sparks and Scorponok’s accessories. Unfortunately, in order to get one of his accessories, I had to spend more gems than I wanted to spend.

Home Forums Angry Birds Transformers Forum Good Block, Evil BLock – New Event!

Viewing 16 replies - 76 through 91 (of 91 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.