Golden Pig research

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig research

Viewing 16 replies - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Replies
  • dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@bubbley Because trying to figure out how the game works is fun for some people, like me. Looking for patterns in games like this is something I really enjoy – I probably missed my calling and should’ve been a statistician instead of a programmer. Not to mention, presenting the GP’s stats like this may help someone else plan their team strategy for fighting him.

And it’s just something to keep me interested in the game as I grind all my classes to rank 10 – because that’s not very interesting at all.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dr_ishmael — How could I guess you were a kindred spirit? : D Do you play other AB games? You’d be perfect for finding self-destroying and unstable levels.

Self-Destroying and Unstable Levels

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dr-Ishmael OK now I get it. Of course if it’s fun go ahead I will try to contribute and I promise to be observant. I’not, as you must have realised, a statistician or a programmer in fact a complete ignoramous but I play for fun (to each his own) and yes some parts are really boring. I don’t therefore auto play. I try to find interesting combinations. I don’t care about the score but I do make an effort to play my friends birds because as friends I think they deserve some extra FE.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea There is always the possibility that those investigating mastery might find some useful insights that they (and we – since they are happy to share) can benefit from. So I am happy that they continue with those investigations. And I am grateful that they do so, as I certainly do not have the time.

That being said, like you, I think the most efficient use of someone’s time to gain mastery is to make snoutlings in as short a period of time as possible (I still think SRC is best), and to spend it every three hours with every new cycle of purchases at the dojo.

I have the impression that you are more attentive (is that the right word?) than @mvnla2 and log into claim mastery more frequently. I suggest that is why you are ahead with your mastery levels.

But there is that time between visits to the dojo that you can use to get ahead. I guess how you make use of this time depends on how dedicated you are.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KerrAvon — I am reasonably attentive when real life does not interfere, but I do have a real life. I now have >72,000 snoutlings, so getting additional snoutlings doesn’t really matter. I’ve now switched to CPC for mastery, because it does give more mastery per unit time. I can’t come close to the rate produced by @toothgnasher using an automated play program, because I really don’t want to be 100% attentive to Epic for long periods of time.
    [Edit] — I should add that I do sleep.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

I guess it’s fine for this thread to derail now, we’ve got all the GP stats that I was looking for. :)

@mvnla2
    Yep, I play all the AB games except Transformers (didn’t appeal to me) and Go (played for a while, but the grind finally became too annoying). Dedicating time to finding unstable levels isn’t something that appeals to me, but if I notice anything while playing through new levels, I’ll be sure to post it there.

@Bubbley
    I didn’t mean to imply that you were not intelligent or anything like that – I’m very sorry for giving that impression. (I have a bad habit of doing things like that online, where I can’t express myself properly in a text-only format.) You just have a different focus than I do in terms of getting the most out of this game, and that’s fine. I also try to borrow my friends’ birds as much as possible – when I’m not working on Chronicle Caves (still in cave 11), I just go to a low-level Friendship Gate stage and blow through it repeatedly.

@kerravon
    I do both. I farmed SRC for a couple weeks in the first half of November (letting it auto-play both at work and at home) and built up 140k snoutlings, even while clearing the dojo every 3 hours. Since then I’ve been farming CPC instead, and my snoutlings are still increasing – up to 160k now. About half of my birds’ classes are rank 9, and the rest are rank 8.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dr_ishmael — We should probably try to avoid derailing this thread. I’m partly to blame. : ((

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dr_ishmael @mvnla2 please don’t derail this thread.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Bubbley — : D Well said.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@dr_ishmael I am sure we can milk this thread further, and get you some more data for you to ponder. You have data for level 41, but how about some other levels. I have another game going which I set up to keep my son from spending my LCs – although he has lost interest. I just completed a full week with the golden pig, but I only thought to write the data down last night. For level 12, day 7, hp = 3202, var 1 = 225, var 2 = 90.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 I guess all that farming for mastery does has a benefit in terms of snoutlings. I only have a few thousand and have to put in some time every day to get more. But I don’t really like auto play for SRC – I get too annoyed and have to intervene when I see the birds do something stupid.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KerrAvon — The only things I can suggest are to close your eyes, or go into a different room. Auto-play can be very stupid.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I currently have about 5000 snoutlings and that is only because I did a little farming in SRC this morning since I dropped below 2000. I haven’t bought everything from Professor Pig yet. I make 6 purchases from the dojo a day so I rack up 15,000+ of mastery/day. The events also really help. There have been 5-6 times when I’ve gotten no mastery from the dojo, but there have been about 5-6 times where I was able to make 14 or more purchases with 17 being my high.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

Forgot about this, but now I’ve come back to update with level scaling data. Just like the birds, most pig stats scale linearly with level, so it was actually pretty simple to figure out.

Golden Pig scaling data
    Day  Health/lvl  Attack/lvl
    1-3  168.75      13
    4    180         13.5
    5    191.25      13.75
    6    202.5       14.5
    7    213.75      15

The scaling is actually against level + 3, i.e. at level 1 the Day 1 GP has 168.75 * (1 + 3) = 675 Health. I’ve added this data to the OP.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@dr_ishmael I see that you have already come up with a formula to calculate GP data at levels 1-41. These are the values I recorded for the GP with my level 12 birds. I forgot to record values for day 5 first time round, so all data points (except day 5) were confirmed with a second reading. They correspond exactly with values calculated using your formula.

Day hp attack
    1-3 / 2531 / 195
    4 / 2700 / 202
    5 / 2869 / 206
    6 / 3038 / 218
    7 / 3206 / 225

A bit late, but provides further confirmation of your calculations.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@kerravon Awesome, thanks! I’ve been spot-checking various days as my alt account levels up, and everything there has fit my formulas, as well.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig research

Viewing 16 replies - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.