Golden Pig research

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig research

• Based on discussions in the Mastery Points thread about the Golden Pig, I decided to start tracking the GP’s stats. The GP definitely gets tougher as the week progresses.

Unfortunately, I missed Friday and Monday (didn’t remember to take the screenshot until after the GP was dead), so I was hoping some other ‘Nesters could help fill in those days. [edit – MVNLA2 filled in day 5, but it doesn’t fit linearly – see rest of thread for discussion]

Golden Pig data
         ----Level+3 Scaling---  --@Level 41---
    Day  Health/lvl  Attack/lvl  Health  Attack
    1-3  168.75      13          7425    572
    4    180         13.5        7920    594
    5    191.25      13.75       8415    605
    6    202.5       14.5        8910    638
    7    213.75      15          9405    660

Every day after 3, the GP gains 11.25 Health scaling and 0.5 Attack scaling, except for Day 5’s Attack being decreased by 0.25 for some reason (should be 14 to fit the pattern).

Golden Pig abilities, based on 100 Attack:

Headbutt – Deals 100 damage. Empties the Rage Chili by 30%.
    Wild Boar – Deals 2x 40 damage. 20% chance per attack to stun target for 1 turn.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dr_ishmael — I also started keeping track, but I didn’t pay attention to the damage.
    I’m level 41

day  Health
    1    7425
    2    7425
    3    7425
    4    7920
    5    8415
    6    8910
    7    9405

I just finished day 4, so I can check numbers for day 5 tomorrow.
    One of the things I was interested in was whether the values changed with the week.
    BTW, I’m pretty sure the values change with your level, so I’m assuming you are also level 41?
    I have 25 ME stamp cards, which I think is currently the max number.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 Yep, Golden Pig scales with your level, just like castles and dungeons. My second account gets GPs with much lower health (~2000) because it’s only level 20.

I figured day 2 would be identical to days 1 and 3, so I’ll just fill that whole row in.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dr_ishmael — How many ME stamps do you have?

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 I have 23 completed stamp cards, currently on day 6 of the 24th.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dr_ishmael — So I’m assuming that means that when you look at your nest, the number of complete stamp coins is 23? Since I have 25 completed, that seems to indicate that the health of the GP does not depend on the number of stamp coins.

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

@mvnla2 I have 27 ME stamp cards and my discount at dojo is -26%

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 I’m going to predict that the day 5 level 41 Golden Pig will deal 616 and 2x 246 damage with his skills. I got this by simply averaging the numbers for day 4 and 6, since the progression is linear. :)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dr_ishmael — Not quite
    Day 5, 8415 health, 605, 2 x 242
    Interesting — It appears that Rovio made a mistake on their interpolation??? Day 5 isn’t on a smooth curve with the rest of the data.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 Well… pooh! >:( Every day’s health fits a linear progression perfectly, and the damage vars for every day except 5 do too, so why does day 5’s damage have to be stupid? Blarg!

Or maybe there is still some difference between us that affects the GP’s attack stat but not its health. Guess I’ll have to wait until Monday to see what my day 5’s damage numbers are. Could you continue recording the damage for the other days, to see if you get the same as I did?

Anyone else reading this is welcome to contribute your data, too – more numbers are always welcome!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dr_ishmael — I already have a complete week, but not collected in order. I started with day 5, but will continue. All my health levels are the same as yours. I will continue, however.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 If you get the same damage as me for day 6 tomorrow, then day 5’s damage is just fubar. If you get different damage than I did, then there’s another factor in play that affects attack but not health.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@dr_ishmael — Got the same damage as you today (day 6); will continue to check.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

I have already posted this in reply to @ mvnla2 elsewhere. For the past 10 days I have been keeping track. Each day I defeat the pig taking no damage. He has 9499 health. I gain 14 mastery points most days but so far 0 points on 3 occasions. The chest when I get it reveals 15 snoutlings and 5 piles of sand.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@bubbley It is strange that your golden pig consistently has 9499 health. My golden pigs have had the same stats as indicated at the top of this thread. I am level 41 with mastery levels in 6-8 range. Have you started getting the maximum mastery level (i.e. 10) for some or all of your birds?

Getting 14 or 0 mastery points seems to be consistent with what others have indicated about pigs randomly dropping mastery.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@dr_ishmael and @mvnla2 I have been comparing my golden pig stats with yours over the last few days. I can confirm that my GP stats for days 3, 4 and 5 of the cycle agree with what you have written at the top of this thread. So day 5 is odd. I am level 41 with birds at mastery levels in the range 6-8.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@bubbley That constant health is very strange indeed – it’s even higher than what we’re all seeing for day 7. How much damage do his skills do?

@kerravon
    I guess that settles it – GP 5 is broken. Oh well.

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@kerravon, @dr-Ishmael I am level 41 with mastery 10 for 6 of my birds but
    I don’t use them to fight the GP at the moment because I am trying to master all my birds to 10. When I started to observe the GP battles I was using 9 9 8 but now they are all 9. I have only 3 mastery 8 birds two of which I never use and the other has 2000 to go. I do not know how much damage my GP does because I kill him before he has a chance to hit me. If you really need to know I can find out by allowing him to take a swing tomorrow.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@bubbley Why don’t you just touch and hold the golden pig to find out his attack stats when you fight him next? Having one or more birds at mastery level 10 is probably the only other factor that may alter the GP stats.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@bubbley Did you not know about tap+hold like @kerravon described? Do that on any bird or pig to see their stats and skills. Based on that, it seems likely that you were only estimating the GP’s health from how much damage you dealt. Check the actual numbers tomorrow.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I think Bubbley got the amount of points earned confused with the Pig’s health. You used to get a perfect score of 40,000 when killing the pig and taking no damage in the first round. Now I think a perfect score is 39,499.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

For the record I’m 41, but have no birds at level 10
    4 at level 9
    16 at level 8
    rest at 7 except for 1 at 6

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’m also level 41 and have 23 birds. 15 are level 8 and 8 are level 9. I don’t spend anywhere close to as much time as you do worrying about mastery. I just make sure I earn enough snoutlings so I’m able to buy every snoutling upgrade I see at the dojo. Since my birds are higher levels than yours. I can conclude that buying training is much quicker and better than trying to earn mastery through auto playing levels.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@killerkea — I have been buying all increases in mastery available in the Dojo, for a long time. I also only spend LC only on the +1000 mastery for all birds; so your Dojo must have much more mastery than mine. : (

Bubbley
    @bubbley

@dr-Ishmael yes I know just never bothered to look at the GP. In my mind the aim is to get 3 stars something I have always done. The most it has ever taken is one full round and one hit in the second. I have the golden chili which enables me to that. I don’t really understand the interest in the GP.

@killerkea
    . Yes because I can be really dumb sometimes.

@ kerravon I will look.

@all I master my birds by playing the 10 wave battles in the caves. Not on auto play but with bonus playing 5 battles yields 500 – 600 points. Worth it in my opinion especially since I have been obliged to try different combinations of birds. Good way to learn. I buy all that comes available in the dojo for snoutlings. It can be as few as 1 and as many as 14. It becomes quicker when there are fewer choices for the dojo to suggest. I own all hats apart from bard. Avenger I was given.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig research

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.