Golden Pig Machine

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig Machine

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 344 total)
  • Replies
  • Nytmair
    @nytmair

Is there a difference between the 7th day Rainbow Riot and when the Rainbow bar fills? My bar is almost full for the first time, but I assume I should save my LC for when I am max level and my bar is full again (only lvl25 at the moment).

MadMike
    @madmike

@nytmair- When rainbow bar is full your next roll will be 100% epic item. Rainbow riot increases rate of epic item possibility during rolls.

Nytmair
    @nytmair

Thanks @madmike! I’ve been wondering the difference for a while. :)

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@nytmair Hopefully this will save you searching through a number of forum subjects

There is a point when your rainbow bar is full. You will be told that the rainbow bar is full – when you visit your GPM. You will have one roll where you get a set item – either spend 3 LCs or use a free roll from friends (or Piggy McCools) GPM or by watching an ad. After this, your rainbow bar will go back to empty. The rainbow bar can fill up while you are spending LCs during the rainbow riot. It doesn’t matter, it costs you 3 LC or you can use a free roll.

I am not sure if you should do your 100% chance roll straight away or if you can wait for a free roll. After they fixed the GPM bug (where the rainbow bar did not advance when you used a free spin on someone else’s GPM), Piggy McCool started using my GPM (occasionally) and advancing the rainbow bar. I don’t know if there is a pattern behind Piggy’s visits. I wouldn’t want to miss the set item, so it may be safer to spend 3 LCs.

You get a rainbow riot once a week – after 7th day of defeating the golden pig. It does not matter if your actual rainbow bar is close to empty or close to full. The chances do not change depending on how full the rainbow bar is. All that matters is that you have a rainbow riot – which gives you a 15 min opportunity for a better chance to get a set item.

I don’t believe you have to wait until you are at level 30+ to start getting set items – I know others do. Getting set items is part of the game and can provide a bit of interest and fun.

The key is to be smart about when you spend your money. The only time to spend LCs on a roll is during the rainbow riot. It is also useful to use your free rolls during this time. If you are saving for something to buy with your LCs, then spend less or nothing on the GPM. If I am saving LCs for something I might do 3-4 rolls. If I am not saving I might do 7-9 rolls. You should develop your own strategy.

At your stage I imagine you are saving for one of the bird classes, a cauldron, etc. So fewer LCs makes sense. But I wouldn’t base the choice of whether to spend LCs solely on my exp level.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

You can get a set item the moment you gain access to the pig machine which is probably around level 5. A set item’s strength depends entirely on the level of your birds when you get the item so if you are level 25 when you get a set item. The item will be level 25. That is why it is a good idea to try and get items at a high level since they’ll be stronger. To give you an example when I have Chuck equip with a Lightning Tome that is 4 levels lower he loses 129 health.

The rainbow fills at the rate of 2% per 3 LC spin, free spin by either you or a friend and free spin from watching a video. The 20 LC spin advances the rainbow 20%. Some people have reported that the exploit to get a free set item every spin still works, but I don’t know what OS they are using to do this. Maybe it is the Windows Phone since Rovio is really slow to update the game for that platform.

Nytmair
    @nytmair

@kerravon- Thank you for the input and information!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Here is an update on my results from the GP machine. It is still a somewhat small total number of items, but there are now 36 total from rolls on friends GP and from watching an ad.

36	items	Average	Frequency
    8	zero*	-86	22.2%
    7	one*	-63	19.4%
    10	two*	-64	27.8%
    8	three*	-54	22.2%
    3	set 	103	8.3%

The average is the average change in strength or health compared to the strongest set item I had at the time.
    The 3 set items were
    Dragon scale (didn’t have and completed set)
    Remote control (complete duplicate, and I have lots of these, but no complete set)
    Living lightning (much better than the one I had)
    So 2/3 really good set items isn’t bad.
    I got at least 2 3* items that were not as good as the samd 3* item I obtained from the caves.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 I’ve been doing quite a bit of research into items (in addition to everything else about this game) and I discovered something that ties into your last statement.

I got at least 2 3* items that were not as good as the samd 3* item I obtained from the caves.

Yep! All 3* items from the GPM are weaker than 3* crafted items of the same level. I still have some gaps in my GPM data, unfortunately, so I can’t figure out the exact formulas, but on average:

• 0-star GPM items are 14.5% stronger than 0-star crafted items.
    • 1-star GPM items are 6.6% stronger than 1-star crafted items.
    • 2-star GPM items are identical to 2-star crafted items.
    • 3-star GPM items are 6% weaker than 3-star crafted items.
    • Set items are 10-20% stronger than 3-star crafted items.

I also have some GPM data, although mine is all from Rainbow Riot. I purchased some LC a few weeks ago to get Sea Dog and Thunderbird, and spend the leftovers on my next RR. I’ve also been spending most of my LCs from the Golden Pig on RR as well.
    (I have 12 non-RR rolls recorded, but that’s not a significant sample size.)

Dr Ishmael's Rainbow Riot GPM rolls

Total rolls: 74

Stars  Qty  Freq
    0      7    9.5%
    1      7    9.5%
    2      19   25.7%
    3      28   37.8%
    Set    13   17.6%

It looks like besides increasing the chance for set items, Rainbow Riot also skews the odds towards more stars on non-set items.

[edit 16-dec-2014 – removed 2 set-item rolls from stats because they were “full bar” guaranteed set-item rolls]

Nytmair
    @nytmair

More stats.. not as detailed since I didn’t think about it until after.

Rainbow Riot, 26 rolls. 2 set items total.
    1 set item from rolls. 1 set item from full rainbow meter from all those rolls.

Not too happy with my luck..

tyanu
    @tyanu

Why free roll on golden pig is not working everytime i hit free roll it will close the application

AMslimfordy
    @amslimfordy

@tyanu What version number of the app are you running?

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@nytmair Thanks for mentioning the full-bar guaranteed set item, made me realized that I had included two of them in my stats above.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

10 rolls today, 1 set item from full bar.

Nytmair
    @nytmair

@dr_ishmael Glad I could help!

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Update on “statistics” of the Golden Pig machine. All items obtained either from rolls on friends machines, or from watching ads.

45 items total
    #	Item	%	Average
    4 	set	9%	+78
    10 	three*	22%	-43
    12	two*	27%	-54
    9 	one*	22%	-49
    10 	zero*	22%	-68

The average is the average change in strength or health compared to the strongest set item I had at the time.
    I get one roll on a friends machine every 24 hours, and 1 roll from watching an ad every 48 hours. Since I don’t log in to collect at exactly the right time, these times have slipped by more than a day over the course of a month.
    Of 4 set items 3 were better than I currently had, and one of those 3 completed a set.
    3 of the 4 set items were obtained from watching an ad.
    Of 41 non-set items only 2 (3*) items were better than the best set item I had at the time.
    I got 32 different non-set items. The last 8 were duplicates, so I’m thinking that 32 non-set items must be close to all the GP gives.
    And, oh wow, I thought I had a much bigger sample than last time. Painful. : (

tyanu
    @tyanu

@alimfordy 1.1.3 even watch for free potion and only 41 level is max. Im using iphone 5s version ios 8.1.2

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@mvnla2 and anyone else who’s tracking their GPM items – I’m hoping you guys can fill in some gaps in my data. I have the item stat values for most bird/star combinations at level 41, but even after 112 rolls, I’m still missing 9 of the 40 data points. [edit – all done, thanks to @killerkea, @inimical, and @angryjohnny]

WEAPON          0     1     2     3     L
    Red/Matilda   202   206   212   216   276
    Chuck         302   310   316   324   400
    Bomb/Blues    327   336   344   350   442

OFFHAND                                     
    Red          1058  1083  1108  1133  1394
    Chuck         529   542   554   566   704
    Matilda       818   839   859   877  1077
    Bomb          883   902   924   946  1118
    Blues         668   684   699   716   884

The offhand 2* values should be 1108 for Red and 554 for Chuck, since GPM 2* = crafted 2*, but confirmation is always better than assumptions.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Red 0* weapon 202
    Chuck 3* weapon 324
    Chuck 2* offhand 554
    Bomb 1* offhand 902

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@killerkea Thanks, I’ve added those to the table. Other than the Chuck 2* offhand, they were all a bit off from what I had predicted.

Grumpy Cat
    @inimical

I’ve got 400 for Chuck’s Set Weapon damage.

I’ve managed to collect some values of GPM items prior to level 41 too. Would you be interested?

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@inimical Sure! I never say no to more data. :D

Grumpy Cat
    @inimical

@dr_ishmael Some more holes to fill in for your table:

Chuck 0* weapon: 302
    Red 2* offhand: 1108
    Chuck 1* offhand: 542

I’m fortunate to have a few IRL friends who play ABE with money, I’ll collect what values I’ve gotten from them in a Google Docs file.

Angry Johnny
    @angryjohnny

I looked at my items and Red 1* offhand is 1083.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Out of 20 Rainbow Riot spins, I got 1/9 and and 4/11 Set Items — total 5/20.

The 4/11 is lucky, the best run I’ve ever had in a very long time.

Combined with last week, it’s 6/30.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig Machine

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.