Golden Pig Machine

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig Machine

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 344 total)
  • Replies
  • MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@angryde @burbman — Where did the 1/7 number for chance of a set item come from? I didn’t see it when I scanned previous posts.
    Since I started keeping track, I’ve gotten 14 items from rolls on friends’ Golden Pig, and from ads. To add to the statistics of small numbers, here are my results so far:

#    Stars   Avg      %
    5    0*	   -45.2    35.7%
    2    1*	   -36      14.3%
    3    2*	   -18.7    21.4%
    3    3*	   -11.3    21.4%
    1 set item  +242    7.1%

The average is the average change in health or strength compared to my current highest item. The only item that had a positive gain was the set item. For the non-set items the highest gain was -8 for a 3* item, and the lowest was -71 for a 0*.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

Well, that’s pretty difficult to read. Will try to fix.
    Still difficult, but easier. @admins — any suggestions? I guess I could import as a pic.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – I think the 1/7 came from a general estimate that a normal GPM roll had about a 1/20 chance of earning a set item, and Rainbow Riot gave 3x the chance at a set item, bringing the estimate to 3/20 or approx. 1/7 during RR. Nothing certain, just based on observations.

Your observed total of one set item in 14 non RR rolls fits right in with the previously observed data points.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Burbman — OK, where did the 1/20 chance come from? Don’t see that either.

burbman
    @burbman

@mvnla2 – Scrolling through this thread, it is the approximate average observation of the users who have posted. Also the 1/7 appears to be pretty close for RR spins. I do not think Rovio has ever come right out and said that this is the correct methodology, nor do I think they ever would.

Kelani
    @kelani

@mvnla2 See if that looks better. I just put a CODE tag around the table (it’s one of the buttons above the reply textbox)

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@Kelani — Thanks! Allowed me to get rid of those stupid “–“‘s.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I think the 1 in 7 chance either came from another forum subject or from killerkea’s post where he mentioned you get a set item every 7-8 spins. I presume this refers to spins during the rainbow riot.

I think @killerkea has the best data on gaining set items – his 11.5% chance during the rainbow riot. This is closer to a set item every 8-9 spins.

@mvnla2
    I wouldn’t be too worried about the average strength or power from the equipment. If you look at the new equipment from the GPM lined up against your existing equipment, only the set items tend to be stronger. I don’t have any “offhand” set items for black bird, and just picked up a very good scroll. If you take out the set items from your equipment (we have more set items than the game designers had planned), then they are not so bad.

burbman
    @burbman

@kerravon – Actually, the non set items I have been receiving as of late are more powerful than the Set items I received during the period that the rainbow did not reset because my birds are now level 41 vs. 27 then. This does not account for the completed set bonus abilities, or the fact that I have received several set items since that time. Most of the blueprints I received in the final cave would create pretty powerful items as well. I would imagine that come the next update, most benefits gained during that time will be a thing of the past.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@burbman And that will just come down to the current non set items being at level 41 and your previous set items being from level 27. A lot of my old set items are also very weak.

I presume the latest cave (13?) is designed for level 41 characters, so the blueprints should be relevant to level 41. But still a level 41 set item should be stronger than a level 41 non-set item.

I have not had much luck collecting blueprints recently, and am only going through cave 10 at the moment. The blueprints in this cave are for relatively weaker items, so I am not bothered by not getting them. I am currently level 41.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@kerravon — I only agree partly. Yes, the new GP items are generally better than the old non-set items, but they sometimes are not as good as very old set items.
    Some of the items obtained in the last 2 caves are better than all but the most recent set items (as @burbman mentioned).
    I have enough old set items that there is no reason I would use any of the non-set items obtained from the GP, unless I need to reduce power, and I’ve got tons of ways to do that.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@mvnla2 I have reasonable set items for all my birds (not always matching), except for an offhand item for black bird. As I mentioned earlier, I have a scroll from the GPM for black bird. Other than that, I have only been using set items in battles. The added bonuses from set items tend to outweigh the bonuses from non-set items. This may change when I get to caves 12 and 13.

I was also lucky enough to have old set items just at the right levels for the ninja event.

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

Almost week ago I wrote an email to Rovio about my duplicated set items one after another during rainbow riot with 20 LC spins. If someone wants to read this, here is the answer I received today:

Hello Kamil,

Thanks for contacting us.

Sorry it took a little while to get back to you – we wanted to check on the randomization of the Rainbow Riot Gold Pig Machine.

It seems that the Gold Pig Machine is working as intended and it is just unfortunate that you got some repeat items. Each roll is randomized separate from your previous rolls so we apologize that you got a few of the same items but all is working as intended.

For future reference, your chances for getting Epic items is better with the more expensive roll during the Rainbow Riot.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Best regards,

Eleanor
    Rovio Support Team

If there are 30 set items and I got 3 RC Robot set items one after another then I had extremely bad luck.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@abyssuss — You could add to your support ticket and suggest / beg them to make the Rainbow Riot only give you set items you haven’t received during that Rainbow Riot.
    Worth a try.

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

@mvnla2 Great idea, I just did that. Now waiting for a reply :D

KillerKea
    @killerkea

Too bad the e-mail doesn’t say if the chances of the expensive spin are more than 6 2/3rds greater than the cheap spin.

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

@mvnla2 They answered, but I expected something more…

Hi Kamil,

Thanks for that idea. We can keep this in mind while working on future updates.

Kind regards,

Eleanor
    Rovio Support Team

At least thats something. :D

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@abyssuss — Sorry, but I didn’t expect they’d say anything more positive. The bright side is your comment made it to a real person, who just might pass it on to someone. One can always hope. Well, to be more positive, we know they really do pay attention to bug reports and do fix them.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@abyssuss In otherwords they told you, so sad, too bad, spend more money!

As I noted earlier, I had a windfall of LC after my account was nerfed. I just made it back to rainbow riot and decided to spin until it was no longer riot mode. Here is what I got. All but about 4 were 3 LC spins and I entered “full twice”.

82 Rolls during Rainbow Riot, *19* were set items MOST were duplicates of one another AND of what I already had. Only the Golden Pistol and RC Robot were new for me, and one duplicated set item was a significant upgrade. Note that TWO rolls had to be set items because the meter was full!

In all during rainbow riot I got 17/80 set items or a 21% chance of a set item.

The 17 set items resulted in getting two sets completed, one set upgraded and a LOT of duplication. I could open a Plushies store!

Here are the details

Mathilda:
    7 Weapons, 3 were duplicates during the spins, all duplicated existing items.
    ** NO set items.
    3 Off-hand, two were duplicates, all duplicated what I already had
    ** No set items.

Bomb:
    12 Weapons, 5 “Long Range Guns”, 3 Shooting Fun, 2 Feathery Gloves plus
    ** 4 Set items, 2 were Rock (duplicated), 1 Golden Pistol, 1 Candy Bomb (duplicate)
    12 Offhand, 6 of the SAME item (Delicious Charm), 3 Impatient Notes – all duplicates of what I had
    ** 2 new set item (a duplicate Golden Bullet – same strength, Candy Chain at new level)

Blues:
    8 Weapons (3 of one item, 2 of another)
    ** 3 Set items (2 Ballista, One RC robot completing my set)
    8 Off hand
    ** 4 Set items, THREE were plushies of higher strength than the one I had.

Red:
    12 Weapons, 6 were the SAME Soft hammer, 6 were Sparkle Swords!
    ** NO Set items.
    6 Off hand items, FOUR were Flying Banner!
    ** 1 Set item (Steel Wall)

Chuck:
    3 Weapons, 2 Pinching Wands
    ** No Set items
    11 Off Hand
    ** 5 were set items: (3 Chronometers)

I guess you can say I feel like I got “Soft Hammered” to death:

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I guess they increased the chance to get a set item because you are the only one to get that high of a percentage of set items when doing 10+ spins. My 100+ spins were done a few versions ago. I’ll do some spins during my next Rainbow Riot which is tomorrow. I don’t care if all my set items are duplicates of items I already have. I only have one level 41 set item and one level 40 set item. All the other set items I use are between 25-33. The 3 star pig items would be as good as or better than many of my set items if I didn’t have a complete set.

I don’t understand why so many people feel like they should be entitled to get every set item. 12 or 13 of those 19 set items were different so ToothGnasher was luckier on the distribution than most people and very lucky that 1/3 of the spins produced set items since he was using the cheap spin.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@toothgnasher Can you check your numbers again. From your list I count 19 set items from a total of 82 items.
    and @killerkea

I think that at each moment (probably based around exp level), there are only 5 non-set items available for each bird. Three of these will be weapons (from dispel, critical, chain and stun, as appropriate for each bird) and 2 will be offhand items (one each of reduce damage and increase power). On top of this will be the 6 possible set items for each bird. Given that most items from the GPM will be non-set items, it is not surprising that if you do a lot of spins at once there will be some duplication. However, there must obviously be some biases in the software programming.

I will say that you were very lucky with your spins. My recent rolls on my GPM have not been so favorable. Apart from last week, when I got 4 set items from 8 rolls, I haven’t had much since they fixed the GPM bug.

I would be much obliged if you could send a living lightning for chuck my way. But you can keep your plushies – they seem to be everywhere.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

You guys are all a lot luckier than me on your spins. I just spent all my LC doing 18 spins during Rainbow Riot and got ZERO set items! I would have been happy with 2 duplicate set items that were improvements, but to hear you complaining about getting some duplicate items when you got 17 set items in 51 spins is a bit ridiculous. I’m averaging about 10% set items now on my Rainbow Riot spins.

@kerravon
    I agree that the GPM items you get are dependant on your birds level so different items become available at different levels. Each bird can get 3 different types of weapons and 2 different types of offhand items. The 5 characteristics of the weapons are critical strike, chain attack, bed time, hocus pokus, and dispel while the characteristics of the offhand items are vigor, might and vitality. A bird like Red can only get weapons that posses the first 3 characteristics I mentioned and the the first 2 characteristics I mentioned for offhand items. Therefore Red will never get a weapon with bed time or hocus pokus or an offhand with vitality.

Once you get to level 41 those items will not change until they increase the max level again.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@killerkea I am certainly not complaining. I am happy to take the items from the GPM as they come. Many of us got lucky with the GPM bug and we now have more set items than we should – or at least compared with what the game designers planned. Many players have forgotten how rare set items were.

I think we are in agreement with the expected frequency of getting set items. In the long run they will come at 10-15% of the time during the rainbow riot. It’s just freaky when you get 4 from 8 rolls. But it all evens out in the end. I got nothing this week and nothing 2 weeks ago.

I am not sure @toothgnasher is complaining or just putting the data out there. Hopefully he can get his numbers right. 19 out of 82 rolls is a bit more reasonable.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@kerravon – Yep, didn’t add some of the rolls correctly. (corrected above) However I didn’t count the rolls or the results when the rainbow bar was full. Those have a 100% set item result. So the outcome is 17 of 80 in riot mode. Presumably 1/3 of that or about 1 in 10 when not in riot mode.

As for complaining vs reporting… its a bit of both. LC have a real cost in time and/or $ or both.

My summary is: The GPM is probably NOT so helpful once you have a set or two and probably not worth spending any LC on except what you accrue over a week – and then only in Riot Mode. Smarter is to accept whatever free rolls you can get and keep your LC until riot mode.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@toothgnasher That brings your frequency of set items into the range that is more typical. As I mentioned, the high rate of duplication of non-set items is to be expected. However, duplication of set items can be annoying or it can be good (e.g. upgrading old items). I now have 3 robots as part of the beep set. If I fight ninjas, I have one robot I can use with Rogues and another I can use with marksman, as well as my new level 41 set.

My recommendation is that you shouldn’t spend all your LCs at once. Better to have spent some now and saved the rest for when the max exp level is increased again.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig Machine

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.