Golden Pig Machine

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig Machine

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 344 total)
  • Replies
  • KillerKea
    @killerkea

@mvnla2
    Your thinking is severely off on the numbers. My wizard alone has 17 different offhand items and 21 different weapons and if I have the same item in different strengths like set items or 0-3 star items I’m only counting them once. Unlike most people I thought ahead and didn’t recycle much because I knew there were times when you’d want a weaker weapon and even a weak offhand item and it isn’t only when you fight ninja. I probably only have less than 1/3 of the available items because I rarely bothered to craft anything from blueprints. There must be at least 30-40 blueprints for each bird. I’m guessing there are about 200 blueprints since I think every level in every cave has a blueprint and there were a lot of blueprints available before you even entered the caves.

Anyway your estimate is probably not how it works. If you ever played D&D, there is generally a percentile chart used with different categories for things like common, rare, very rare, etc. Something like common might occur 50% of the time while a rare item might be 10% of the time. After that you’d go to another chart with the common or rare items and roll again to determine what item you get or maybe you get really lucky or unlucky and roll for a super rare item and go to a third chart. Most likely the loot in this game uses a similar method that isn’t as complex.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@KillerKea — If you put your suggestion on previous page on the Epic wish list, there is a chance that Rovio will see it.
    As for my calculation, I was only counting golden pig, non-set items. Does your Wizard actually have 17 golden-pig, non-set off-hand items? Or do some of them have stars that aren’t rainbow?
    I never played D&D. Would that method make it more or less likely to get a set item?
    BTW, there is a report of the exploit working again it the unlimited free rolls forum.
    I am planning to keep track of what I get from free rolls.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

If I only count non set pig items for Chuck, then I have 15 weapons and 10 offhand items. You never get much for recycling and I don’t bother to craft things so it isn’t worth recycling anything unless it is a duplicate. For Red I have 8 pig weapons and 10 pig offhand items. For Matilda I have 16 pig weapons and 8 pig offhand items. Bomb has 12 pig weapons and 11 pig offhand items. Blues has 7 pig weapons and 8 pig offhand items.

Set items should be rare so you should be much less likely to get one.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

I actually got a new set item from the GP free roll for watching an ad today! I got Dragonscale, which completes a set!!! Since I started keeping track 3 days ago, I’ve gotten 5 items, 3 from friends and 2 from watching an ad. On the basis of very scarce statistics, the free roll for watching ad seems to be coming every 2 days, and the free rolls from friends come every day. Except for today’s set item, which is fantastic, the rest of the items were lower in strength / health than those I already had, even if they were 3 stars.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I got a level 41 Chronometer 2 days ago which completed a set for me, but in some ways it is a disappointment because it increases attack power by 8% instead of increasing health by 23% like the set items descriptions guide indicates so my level 8 mastery birds lose 320 health when I remove my level 40 Lightning Tome and equip with the Time Jump set. It seems like I get an extra turn more than 10% of the time. The first day I used it I got 3 free turns in one round and there were a couple times when I got 2 free turns in the same round. The odds of 3 turns is 1 in 1000 and 2 turns is 1 in 100 if you really only get the free turn 10% of the time. Unfortunately I was using my rain bird battling ninja so the extra turns don’t help much unless I need healing.

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

Today was probably mu unluckiest day in ABE ever. For the past few weeks I was farming lucky coins until I reached level 41 and got rainbow riot at the end of the gloden pig streak. Guess what happened. From 149 lucky coins I earned, I did like 7 spins for 20 and 3 spins for three LC. All during rainbow riot. I got three RC Robot set items, two Phoenix Feather set items and Demise set item. How is that even possible? I feel cheated by Rovio right now.

Jim151
    @jim151

I have never gotten a set item for Bomb. I currently have 5 different items for each of Red, Blues, and Matilda. I have 2 for Chuck, and I have gotten 3 duplicates for those 4. Never once a set item for Bomb. Got Yin today for my “watch a video for free roll”

KillerKea
    @killerkea

@abyssuss It is better to do the 3 LC spins than the 20 LC spins because you aren’t guaranteed a set item with the 20 LC spin and on average you’ll get a set item from the 3 LC spins every 7-8 spins. However if you do the 20 LC spins, you should never do one when your rainbow is full because you are already guaranteed a set item so why waste 20 LC when 3 LC will accomplish the same thing? You got more set items than one would normally expect to get for the quantity and type of spins you did, but you were unlucky half were duplicates.

Abyssuss
    @abyssuss

@killerkea Yeah you are right, but I was doing all the spins during rainbow riot so my chances for getting set item were 3 times higher. 4 out of 7 spins for 20 LC during rainbow riot gave me set item. Also I did 3 LC spins when my rainbow bar was full. I got two guaranteed set item spins because before my 1st 20LC spin my rainbow bar was almost full. But what makes me sad is that I got so many duplicates. Looks like engine for “random” item drops is not really random or it doesnt work as intended.

angryde
    @angryde

Feeling duped. Performed 9x 3-LC rolls during the rainbow riot and received ZERO epic items. So much for the chances being approximately 1 in 7. Uurrgghh. I miss the exploit. Haven’t obtained a set item since it was fixed/nerfed. =(

mich
    @m-ich

@angryde I have the feeling that since the update, the state of the rainbow bar has a big effect on the probability for an epic item. If the bar is near empty, you will almost certainly roll a normal item. The closer you get to 100%, the higher the chance. The relation is probably not linear, I got a lot of crap until 80% or so, and then the epics started rolling in last time I spent all my LCs at the golden pig.

filthycasual
    @filthycasual

@angryde 0/9 is completely consistent with a 1/7 probability.

9 is such a small sample size. 1/7 probability indicates that with a large enough sample size, in general, you achieve the indicates result 1/7 of the times. It does not mean 7 times is a 100% chance.

sorry for your bad luck.

angryde
    @angryde

@filthycasual. Of course, I wasn’t speaking literally, dude. :D Just venting at the manifest injustice if it all. However, props for your mathematical acuity!

burbman
    @burbman

Last week 2 for 8 in Rainbow riot, this week 0 for 8. 1 in 7 sounds about right. I miss the good old days too.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I’ve done over 100 spins during Rainbow riot and I’m getting about 11.5%. 1 in 7 is 14.2%.

Anonymous

@m-ich I don’t think that’s true. The other day I had a full Rainbow Bar and rolled and got a Dragontooth. The next time I rolled I got yet ANOTHER Dragontooth when my bar was about 8%. Maybe I’m just lucky but I think the chance stays the same no matter how full the bar is. I did level up since then so at least I got 10 extra damage on my new one XD.

KillerKea
    @killerkea

I agree the only times your chance to get a set item changes is when the rainbow is full, you spin during rainbow riot and when you do the 20 LC spin. A normal 3 LC spin, free spin on a friend’s GPM and free spin from watching a video all have the same chance of producing a set item regardless of how full your rainbow is.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

I think the 1 in 7 chance some of you are suggesting to get a set item is way too high. I think it is more likely a 5% chance (or even 3-4%). Killerkea’s estimate of 11.5% is for a set item during the rainbow riot which, based on the three times more likely chance, translates to approx 4%. This is more in line with my experience with the GPM.

You guys who suggest the GPM is bugged don’t remember the early days before the bug that allowed many of us to get lots of set items. They were very rare. I remember I only had 2 when I went to wiz pigs castle on the mountain.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@angryde Last week I did the same and got 0 items from about 7 rolls during the rainbow riot. This week I got 4 set items from 8 rolls. Of course, these were all duplicates of set items I already had, although generally at higher levels.
    I think we have to look at items from the GPM in the long term. They will average out in the end.

Bossk
    @henjovr

Am I still the only one for who the roll-on-friends-GPM-with-full-rainbow exploit is working?
    My rainbow bar just isn’t resetting..

Got quite a collection of lvl 41 epics so far..

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@henjovr — Have you updated to current version of Epic? What version are you playing on, and what device? I am purple with envy.

drobbinsjr
    @drobbinsjr

Take about feeling duped, I rolled today and received an item with ZERO Stars. Trust me, Rovio makes some great games, but they are experienced in screwing them up …

KillerKea
    @killerkea

A zero star item isn’t necessarily bad because it might come in handy later when fighting enemies that can dodge.

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

What Did I Get When I Blew all my Accumulated LC’s in “Rainbow Riot” mode? Out of 27 3-LC rolls, one free roll, and one free roll from Piggy McCool – 29 in total – I got *4* set items all but one duplicated what I already had – though two were of higher strength.

7 of 29 were duplicates – the Singing Combs, Shimmering Orbs and Smelly Wands were all duplicates one RIGHT after the other!

My GPM was not full, and after spending 81 LC it was still not full at the end. These are listed by bird, not in the order I got them:

Mathilda:
    3 Singing Combs
    Warbling Harp
    2 Noble Puppets
    *Yang*
    *Honey Jar* (duplicate)

Bomb:
    Priceless Talisman
    Delicious Charm
    Shooting Fun (my 3rd)
    Feathery Glove (2nd)

Blues:
    Sweeping Bow
    Clingy Bow
    Stunning Card
    *Remote Control* (duplicate)

Red:
    Flying Banner
    *Steel Force* (duplicate)
    Soft Hammer
    Jabbing Lance

Chuck:
    3 Smelly Staff
    Preserving Wand
    3 Shimmering Orbs
    Carved Tablet (duplicate)
    Whispering Book

ToothGnasher
    @toothgnasher

@killerkea wrote:

A zero star item isn’t necessarily bad because it might come in handy later when fighting enemies that can dodge.

It’s pretty easy to craft a zero star item! I learned from the ninjas to intentionally craft items of zero and one star… not that I can intentionally do so, of course, but I’m glad I didn’t upgrade my forge. And more specifically you do NOT want items that are critical strikes – it’s better to craft e.g. hokus pokus (healing) and chain attack items.

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig Machine

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.