Golden Pig Machine

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig Machine

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 344 total)
  • Replies
  • beaujack
    @beaujack

Thanks guys, I will no longer eat my liver over this. Just got promoted tp siver, thtree battles, enemy begins, three losses. Painters coming tomorrow, so I will disconnect internet for a day and forget abt arena. I love you man (men)

@kerravon, so we are talking about two different things then. Ok, that clears things up. The one you’re talking about was fixed mid-september. I think the recent one with the bar repeatedly filling up with the same friendroll is fixed now as well. It had a relation with the messaging system. I’ve noticed a lot of generated line-ups in the arena and some messages re-appearing last night and today. This could indicate that they are working on their servers. If they improved the message flow, it should take care of the glitch I was referring to.

Best news is that stuff is finally happening. Let’s hope all the bugs will be taken care of soon!

Everyone, @steven-dunn-5648 had posted about another GP glitch which allows you to get set items every two days. Rovio really seems to be having trouble solving this (to our benefit)…

@steven-dunn-5648
    , maybe you want to re-post in this thread…

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@steven-dunn-5648 and @larry This is the old GPM exploit that I mentioned in this thread a couple of days ago. This was supposedly fixed in the October update last year.

I can think of one reason it may still work for you – if your facebook friends are not active. If you can do a free spin on a friend’s GPM, then you will get your set item. If your friends are not active and do not spin on your GPM, then the rainbow bar on your GPM won’t advance. Rovio were probably counting on friends using free spins on your machine to advance your rainbow bar. I am not sure in this case whether you will get a visit from Piggy McCool.

For those, like myself who don’t have facebook friends, Piggy McCool comes along, uses our GPM and advances our rainbow bar.

@kerravon, This is NOT the same exploit. The difference here is the dependence on the free video roll which only comes by every 2 days. The original one was fixed, but apparently the fix does not apply with the free roll vid.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@larry It sounds like the same exploit. Perhaps having the free video roll available prevents friends from using your GPM or advancing your rainbow bar. It was possibly done this way so that friends did not advance your rainbow bar before you had the opportunity to get your guaranteed set item.

I guess we will find out when someone gives it a try.

But I am not so sure. I, and others, would have had a free video roll available when this exploit worked in the past. Everyone using the exploit would have been ignoring the free video roll because it would have advanced the rainbow bar.

senigami
    @steven-dunn-5648

@kerravon, I think you are right and it is the same, or at least similar. I updated to the current version of the game and my roll on a friends pig reset my rainbow bar. :-( Oh well. Thanks for letting me know, I’ll give credit to you on my post and update that it is patched.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@dr_ishmael I have some more low level set items to add to the table. I’ll list all my level 14 and 15 items, since I am not sure which ones I may have given before.

Weapons
    Matilda 115(14)
    Bomb 192(15), 182(14)
    Blues 182(14)

Offhand
    Chuck 307(15), 290(14)
    Bomb 485(15), 461(14)

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@kerravon Thanks, added them to the table.

King Chuck
    @kingchuck

The free roll=Cheap roll, but with the litle chace to get 1 set item and I got the Golden Pistol(Gun) and now I have The Pickpocket set.

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

Rainbow Riot today added +2 more set items / 24 rainbow spins.

Finally got the Tome for Chuck, so not that bad.

Now, just need to complete some sets and upgrade various weapons to lv.41+.

Running total: 11 set items / 86 rainbow spins (avg 1/8).
    ____

ZERO for 9 rainbow spins.

Running total: 11 set items / 95 rainbow spins (avg 1/9).

GrauGeist
    @graugeist

and another ZERO for 9 rainbow spins.

Running total: 11 set items / 104 rainbow spins (avg 1/10).

What a crappy week. 0 for 18 – I wonder if they reduced the rate again. How crappy.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@graugeist I must have picked up your set items from the last couple weeks. I think I had about 4 set items from 8-9 rolls each week . Lots of duplicates of course. I hope you weren’t in need of Plushies, Ballista Bolts, Demise or a Honey Jar. They were wasted on me. I did pick up a new Dragontooth and Steel Force for Red though.

MVNLA2
    @mvnla2

@graugeist — I must have gotten some of your set pieces also. Today’s rainbow riot gave me 5 set items out of 11 spins! Only one non-duplicate, but a good one.

burbman
    @burbman

Spent my time in today’s riot in the Arena. I am not sure if riot is effective in that area, as I filled two full rainbows, and only got set items on my guaranteed spins. I would be really disappointed but they happened to be the two that I was hoping for.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@dr_ishmael I have some more level 15 and 16 set items for your table. Some level 15 items will be the same as before, but I didn’t want to miss any.

Weapons
    Red 125(16), 120(15)
    Matilda 120(15)
    Bomb 192(15)
    Blues 192(15)

Offhand
    Red 636(16)
    Matilda 468(15)
    Chuck 307(15)
    Bomb 485(15)
    Blues 404(16)

I believe the numbers for red/matilda’s weapons are not what we (or at least I) expected.

(Edit) I just looked up the sequence you indicated previously (+7,+7,+5,+5) and the new values are consistent with this.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@kerravon Thanks yet again! But no, my formula predicts those numbers (120@15 and 125@16) exactly. For reference, I’ll repeat it here:

Red/Matilda Weapon Attack = Bround(2.5 * (Level+5)) + Bround(3.5 * (Level+5) - 1) + 1

Actually, I’ve discovered an alternate version (that I forgot to post about until now) that doesn’t need the -1 term, although it uses different level offsets. This new version is:

Red/Matilda Weapon Attack = Bround(1.5 * (Level+3)) + Bround(4.5 * (Level+5)) + 3

Both of these formulas produce the exact same output for all levels, so I don’t know if we can say that one is better than the other, aside from the second one having fewer terms.

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@dr_ishmael Your second equation is quite interesting and seems a little more likely than your first with the extra term. I investigated some similar equations but have not come up with anything that I am satisfied with.

Lodz
    @lodz

I have some old set items
    Weapons:
    Bomb Rock 212
    Red Steel Force 180

Off hand:
    Matilda Demise 866

Rest items are 41 level. I don’t remember when i obtained these ones. What is the level of these three items? I think it is something about 30 level.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@lodz

• Red’s 180 weapon is level 25.
    • Bomb’s 212 weapon is level 17.
    • Matilda’s 866 offhand is level 32.
    GrauGeist
    @graugeist

OK, glad somebody is getting the Set Items.

My birds have nearly all of them; just missing 4: Steel Wall, Yang, Ballista and Bolts.

I hope this week goes better than last!

KerrAvon
    @kerravon

@lodz Thanks for providing the set item data. The more data the better.

Based on the existing data we have collected, @dr_ishmael and I have some simple equations that can give the approximate value for each set item based on the experience level when it was obtained. But we are still looking to improve our equations and that requires more data.

@dr_ishmael
    Have you been updating the spreadsheet you provided a link for previously in this thread with set item data from your second bird team? If so, I’ll collect it from there. Otherwise can you post it here.

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@kerravon Yes, although I haven’t had much new data from them lately – they’ve been 35 for a while now (lack of time), and I had been saving up LCs to get Skulkers and Bard instead of playing the Rainbow Riot. I finally got Bard last week, so maybe I’ll start splurging on RR again.

Hi all, has anyone been collecting any data on the odds for getting a set item with normal rolls/free rolls, not counting guaranteed rolls? If so, can you share the current (intermittent) results?

Cheers!

dr_ishmael
    @dr_ishmael

@larry Yep, @mvnla2 and myself are the main suppliers of that data – check back through this thread. Although I guess it’s time for an update.

Dr Ishmael's Golden Pig Machine drop rates

Rainbow Riot     Normal           
          ---------------  ---------------  
    Stars Count Frequency  Count Frequency  
    ----- ----- ---------  ----- ---------  
    0        14     9.27%     21    23.86%  
    1        19    12.58%     22    25.00%  
    2        42    27.81%     29    32.95%  
    3        56    37.09%     13    14.77%  
    Set      20    13.25%      3     3.41%  
    ----- ----- ---------  ----- ---------  
    Total   151               88            

Home Forums Angry Birds Epic Forum Golden Pig Machine

Viewing 25 replies - 251 through 275 (of 344 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.